gogatrs' List of Things To Do in GT5

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 45 comments
United States
I Hate Stalkers
gogatrs
This is gogatrs' list of things to do when you're bored with GT5.

OK, many people have complained about the lack of events, the overwhelming need to grind, the impossibility to find a good room online, etc. etc.

For me none of that is what GT5 is about, I was able to take some of the features of GT5 and make them work, regardless of whether I'm a fanboy or a troll.

All of these were great fun for me, I think you guys should try each and every single one of these things before selling GT5.

OK rant over, here we go...

-Learn to drive with less aids, for me, when I started to use manual, it was actually pretty fun, keeps me awake during the endurances

-Pimp out a Fiat 500, a painted the older one a light pink and painted the rims black, pit a huge ass spoiler on it, a couple mods and your good to go, you'd be surprised, it's now my drift car of choice.

-Start a collection, you can choose which you want to do, I'm currently going for all premiums, be patient, it will take a while

-Do a NASCAR race on the Nurburgring at night, make sure you leave the driving line on!

-Pimp out a red neck car, too bad there's no General Lee horn. :(

-Find some racing buddies, if you have one or two racing buddies online, that usually attracts more people to join your room, great fun if you're into actually racing

-Have a race in reverse, choose your car wisely!

-Tune a car to perfection, I was able to do this with my Audi R8 5.2 choose your favorite car to drive and tune it perfectly

That's not all you can do!
If you Have done something that was great fun, post it here!

Lets see...

• Gymkhana in the Subaru WRC, insanely fun.
  • Buy quirky little light weight cars, they're ussually quite fun
  • Sleeper-ize something. I have a Volvo S60 with 400HP that can pull 1:20 around the TGTT.
  • Cruise the 'Ring in vintage cars.
  • Build a 'Ring Monster. I have a Lancia that's just killer at the ring, and i got a 7:32.977 in it in the rain.

I cruise the Ring in my 49 VW, and read all the stuff spray painted on the road.
Do I have too much time on my hands? That would be yes.

Wonder_Pets
I cruise the Ring in my 49 VW, and read all the stuff spray painted on the road.
Do I have too much time on my hands? That would be yes.

I do that too!
I walked it once in photomode! :)

I like putting sports hard or comfort softs on random higher end cars and trying to get around the ring. Either that or the roommate and I do laps of a random track for shots. Slower average for every 5 laps takes a shot. It gets interesting quickly haha.

I just buy a cheap random car from the ucd and race it stock in any event that I can get it in. Great fun trying to win the clubman cup in a Subaru 360 or simular K-Car:sly:

For me, in order
A-spec lv 40
B-spec lv 40
Platinum trophy
Collect every single car
Fully upgrade every car in My Favorites
Photograph every car of my "personal" favorites

Done! Now I just await new Seasonals

I like taking pictures of modded premiums noticeable on the exterior in photo travel or standard cars in replay mode. Or I let Bob race to earn money while watching TV and doing stuff on my computer at the same time.

Group of friends and I(about 14 people total) have done a Demo Derby on the Top Gear Test Track. Comfort Hards on Grass is like driving on Oil. As soon as a part of your car falls off your out.

Tune a car to wheelie

picture.php

Tune a car to wheelie online

picture.php

Drive outside the top gear test track

drift a FF car

Me and my buddies race karts,Ferrari F1,HKS Evo NASCAR's or FGT on the 'ring.At night.In the rain.No aids.No driving line.

I've been going into arcade mode and doing my own endurance races on the professional level and making my car underpowered or much heavier to the rest of the field.
120 laps of Deep Forest in reverse in an Elise RM up against 908's and 787's and the like. I came in 8th and spent almost the best part of 80 laps battling with a GT40. Most fun I've ever had, was highly disappointed when I ran out of laps to close in on 7th.

So there you go, want something to do in GT5? Race!

I would just like to say, that driving an r10 in the le mans 24 hours, with no assists and no hud, is harder then you think.

Back