Going vigilante

  • Thread starter Thread starter englishbob
  • 61 comments
  • 3,945 views
Messages
85
Messages
englishbobsnr
The reaction is not very sportsmanlike I admit, but the trigger for it isn't either. I forgo my hard earned B rating to slip to a C to serve out some justice for all here.



(Full replay is in the video to add context of no prior wrongdoing on my part)

Anyone else got some videos of justice being served for the greater good?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The first moment I wanted to post you something like "You don't need to serve justice for me", but I know sometimes you just can't cool down ( hope it doesn't happen everytime you get tapped ), so I tell you "Ok, you can be Zorro, but let me be Robin Hood". :lol::lol::lol:
 
I think that the player hit you by mistake... so no need to be this aggressive ... just try to keep your nerves cool I know how tempting it is sometimes to crash into someone but still, I believe this was not intentional - the guy just can't drive.
 
The reaction is not very sportsmanlike I admit, but the trigger for it isn't either. I forgo my hard earned B rating to slip to a C to serve out some justice for all here.



(Full replay is in the video to add context of no prior wrongdoing on my part)

Anyone else got some videos of justice being served for the greater good?


Congratulations on becoming what you most hated.
 
Mmm not convinced, the player qualified in 2nd place...



Not really

you've got my full support englishbob, I would've done the same as you.... i guess we're the kind of folk who let it get to our head and fight fire with fire.... that I'm proud of
 
Seemed pretty blatant to me. Ignoring these "bullies" only leaves them to harass others. They quit when they don't get their fun. I posted something similar to this once and didn't get much agreement though. So I don't expect much here either.
 
So you let the dirty drivers get to you... and now you become dirty youself...

Youve walked over to the darkside my friend.

Just for one moment ... and I assume OP's well aware of that.
I've been running, don't know, 1000, 2000, 5000 GT6 QMs. I'd call myself really clean, generous, patient, quite an ok racer overall. And I've hardly ever gave out payback in these very mixed fields ( noobs, trolls, brilliant guys ) you had in these races. I admit though, I've had these moments when I needed to show the other guy he just cannot do everything to me on track ... and I don't call myself "Darth" now :).
 
Crudely smashing into someone reminds me of 'an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind'.

At the first moment when you smashed him off the track, how did you know he wasnt just misjudging getting into your slipstream? You survived it and had the inside line so you didn't need to smash into him.

Say someone behind only saw your retaliation and decided to go vigilante on you?

What is interesting is how good the VW Bus handles off road, it really is a well designed competent vehicle with stock height and skinny tires.
 
I'll give someone a chance before taking action, as alot of the time they could be just reacting to another dirty driver.

If you take someone out that was this, you might just take them over the edge and they will likely go a lap down to get you lol.
 
If you rewind the video to the start, It looks like he got bumped wide in turn 1 at the very start by another driver and lost a couple of places.

Then he got turned in on in the last corner, where you were able to pass him and he clipped you getting in your slip stream.

You smashed him off the track twice and brake checked him and he probably wanted to rage quit at that point.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just for one moment ... and I assume OP's well aware of that.
I've been running, don't know, 1000, 2000, 5000 GT6 QMs. I'd call myself really clean, generous, patient, quite an ok racer overall. And I've hardly ever gave out payback in these very mixed fields ( noobs, trolls, brilliant guys ) you had in these races. I admit though, I've had these moments when I needed to show the other guy he just cannot do everything to me on track ... and I don't call myself "Darth" now :).
If this were a very rare slip up after being wronged very bad i could agree, were all human after all. But... was this a case of that ?

It might looked as if the guy was trying a pit manouvre on OP but it is hard to tell from the video. But even if it was a pit manouvre, OP recovered and still had the inside so he could have just continued his race pass him and the guy would have probably wrecked himself a couple turns later. Instead OP went complete mental himself ruining his own race and dangering the race of others just so he could have his payback for an incident that didnt even cost him that much and wasnt a clear case of dirty driving. Do this often and your just as dirty as the guys you are trying to revenge.
 
If this were a very rare slip up after being wronged very bad i could agree, were all human after all. But... was this a case of that ?

It might looked as if the guy was trying a pit manouvre on OP but it is hard to tell from the video. But even if it was a pit manouvre, OP recovered and still had the inside so he could have just continued his race pass him and the guy would have probably wrecked himself a couple turns later. Instead OP went complete mental himself ruining his own race and dangering the race of others just so he could have his payback for an incident that didnt even cost him that much and wasnt a clear case of dirty driving. Do this often and your just as dirty as the guys you are trying to revenge.

You're right of course. I've been generous ( again :) ) with OP - that's why I mentioned my hope he's not acting like this after each and every incident ( can you hear me OP ? ). And I really don't like the "eye for an eye"-attitude 👎.
Btw I've looked at the video a couple of times now and I'm sure the tap was on full purpose. If you have raced with the Sambabus you sure know what happens and that it's a common and very effective manouvre to gain spots.

And ... please ... would you ( or anybody else ) explain what "full plato" is :lol: !
 
Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a terribly fast driver. We all know we're not great drivers in the back of the pack there & things are pretty chill. I've yet to have someone flip me to get 14th place lol
 
Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a terribly fast driver. We all know we're not great drivers in the back of the pack there & things are pretty chill. I've yet to have someone flip me to get 14th place lol

Yesterday I got rammed off track in the Interlagos daily 4 times. 3 times by the same bloke. The last one was the very last corner of the whole race - I am braking for Juncao, the Beetle guy behind me did not use brakes. You need brakes to take the turn. Point is - I was 14-th, he was 15-th. At that point of the race and these positions it doesn't make any sense to do such a thing. But in the end some people just want to see the world burn. So yeah, sometimes you can stay out of trouble, sometimes you can't independent of the position. There is no safe space in Sport mode :D

/rant
 
This sums up my experience with other german drivers, they tend to get dirty when getting passed through the field. :crazy:
My first experiences with dirty drivers were mostly frenchs but I rarely see those in SR:S races anymore.

imho the guy in OP's video tried to spin OP around on full purpose, but I would've just went on and beat him in a fair way instead of what OP did.
 
You went full Plato. Never go full Plato.

Its alarming (but still completely relevant and humorous) just how many times I've seen you post this since GT Sport came out... :banghead:
 
Somethings never get old, not even Plato
 
Back