Gold in the tests

• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 226 comments
87chevy
Oh, and i'd just like to express my Hate for the SuperGT.... that is the biggest waste of polygons i've ever driven. I'm getting close to Golding 'City Slickin' on the driving school. I've gotten 100% but had 5% damage. I hate that Piece of S**t car!!!
I hate it too. It oversteers and spins out of control FAR too easily. One of the Los Santos street races, Freeway, uses it and it took me an age to win it. I ended up for all the tight turns just braking to almost a complete halt, taking the turn slowly and accelerating away. Whatever you do, don't try to do handbrake turns around corners with it. Bah!

KM.

or power on around corners. Its just a difficult car to drive. oversteers and when it does oversteer its impossible to control. ARGH

What i find is that the steering seems to be alot more sensitive for the city slickin mission, than the Super GT steering normally is.
When im driving one when im off mission they don't seem as bad.
Im not saying its a great handling car, cause it is'nt.
A shame really cause its one of the better looking cars in the game.

The boat jump one (I just did it)-- I couldn't gold that one until I started pulling back a hair on the left stick--this raises the nose--just raise it a bit and your propeller should keep you airborne enuf to get the distance--this took me about 20+ tries to figure out--- you don't really need a huge run up on that ramp--- as long as you don't do any big corrections as you approach as this will cut your speed.

The stoppie jump was a pain--- that one was more important to get a long distance in your jump--and I found you really didn't have to land in a stoppie-- as long as your front wheel lands first you are ok--if you get enuf distance in the jump you should be ok.

I still need to go back and gold the driving school-- not looking forward to that. :scared:

KieranMurphy
I hate it too. It oversteers and spins out of control FAR too easily. One of the Los Santos street races, Freeway, uses it and it took me an age to win it. I ended up for all the tight turns just braking to almost a complete halt, taking the turn slowly and accelerating away. Whatever you do, don't try to do handbrake turns around corners with it. Bah!

KM.
Am I the only person who likes this car? I don't find it too hard to control, it's very slippery but not so slippery as you can't control what it's doing. I think it's very twitchy but still predictable enough to control fairly easily.

Also am I the only one who hates the gang wars with an immense passion? They are so annoying, they're are too many, they are too repedative and they're very annoying because now I have to do them all before I can have any fun on the game. :banghead:

KieranMurphy

KM.

It's not so bad once you get used to it. I set out to master that test and managed a 1:22 with no damage. It's just a matter of practice and finding the right route for that test. Straighter is better, and that doesn't always mean driving on roads.

WOOO! All golds in all schools now. :D Now I can move onto the horshoes, snapshots and oysters (tags done already). :)

I don't mind the super GT either-- it kicks butt on long straights you just have to go easy on turns---you have to take your finger off the gas though if you don't want to spin out--- the LS freeway race kicked my butt for a while, until I figured out the double 90 turn after the start----you can cut that turn at an angle--you get airborne but I always go from 5th to 1st in that turn now. :D--- from then on, just don't screw up-- I drove it conservatively.

Is anyone else bummed that they didn't do a quad race--- that would have been sweet.

Spuds

Spuds725
the LS freeway race kicked my butt for a while, until I figured out the double 90 turn after the start----you can cut that turn at an angle--you get airborne but I always go from 5th to 1st in that turn now.
I figured that out eventually. I just lay off the gas and drove straight through and usually jumped a bunch of places.

Is anyone else bummed that they didn't do a quad race--- that would have been sweet.
A quad race would have been fun. They should have done a couple of offroad desert races as well. The two bike races in the desert are mostly on-road.

KM.

Blake
Am I the only person who likes this car? I don't find it too hard to control, it's very slippery but not so slippery as you can't control what it's doing. I think it's very twitchy but still predictable enough to control fairly easily.
No. I've said many times how much I love it.
Spuds
Well, now that you mention it, that would have been great. How about a Hovercraft Race?

Also, I finally golded Burn and Lap on Saturday Evening! Blake and I sat down to have a go. Blake started first but messed up a bit, so I had a turn. I came so damn close, I got 99% on 2 occasions. We switched goes again, but then we had some dinner. We came back, first go I golded it. :lol: Tight time though: 36.056 or something. Right on the border. I found the trick to do it. Brake fairly hard and use Brake + Handbrake.

I also made the time to Gold Pilot School. That was fairly easy. Done everything without much trouble. Even Golded Circle Airstrip and Land in about 4 goes.

I have now Golded every school.

Brake fairly hard and use Brake + Handbrake.

Weird I never did that when I got gold on Burn and Lap. :\ I just handbraked and powered out as fast as I could. :d

Exactly. You brake later, it turns you around almost completely and you get very limited wheel-spin/tail-sweep. Best method I used by far.

well blake since you like the super GT a 2:14 in Freeway is up for the taking, can you beat me.

I hate that car and still managed a 2:16 :) But I'm sure that it won't be long before a time below 2 minutes is posted by somebody.

Back on topic, I'm having problems with the jump in boat school. What kind of distance do you need for gold? My best is 58m which is only bronze.

Also, what bonus(es) do you get for boat school?

KM.

KieranMurphy
I hate that car and still managed a 2:16 :) But I'm sure that it won't be long before a time below 2 minutes is posted by somebody.

Back on topic, I'm having problems with the jump in boat school. What kind of distance do you need for gold? My best is 58m which is only bronze.

Also, what bonus(es) do you get for boat school?

KM.

I believe you need something in the 70 - 75m range. I heard somewhere that you can pull back on the left analog stick slightly and it will catch some more air. I think I did this accidentally and easily got gold after 3 or 4 tries.

55 for bronze
65 for silver
75 for gold

I'm pretty sure these are correct.

I'm not sure of the exact bonuses-- I think you get a boat there and right when I exited the school a heli spawned on the helipad right off the pier--- I can't remember which heli it was though???

the bonuses are in my first post in this thread,

also 80m + is easy to reach once you pull back on the joypad and keep the boat level with the nose up a tincy bit.

Spuds725
I'm not sure of the exact bonuses-- I think you get a boat there and right when I exited the school a heli spawned on the helipad right off the pier--- I can't remember which heli it was though???
The Sea Sparrow spawns there anyway. Sometimes it's a Maverick though.

KM.

i dont understand, how can it take you guys so long, i did it 2nd go. must of been lucky

Small_Fryz
i dont understand, how can it take you guys so long, i did it 2nd go. must of been lucky
I found bike school very easy. I got to all golds in about an hour or so. The jump and stoppie thing wasn't that hard. You don't have to finish the stoppie in the end zone or go there in a straight line. Land the bike in a stoppie and just come straight out of the stoppie (I always ended up at about 90 degrees off line and way off to the right) and just steer the bike into the finish position. Just don't let the bike stop or the test will fail.

KM.

Pah no need for this... just blast the jump at full ducking speed... land flat... the PS2 will pull a stoppie and will keep you straight and will stop for you... all you need to do is judge the length of the jump properly...

C.

if i can remeber correctly i landed straight and stoppied straight, it was very easy.

I did it with major ease, but I found a secret to it which can't be explained. More of skill and practise, knowing the limits of the bike. I just found those out quickly and I was set.

Well I've finally returned to the driving school-- have golded all except for:

The 90 degree parking thing (98% my best--almost got it)

Lap & Burn (anyone know the 100% maximum time for that one??)--I'm still taking them a little wide and when I try to cut it close I nail a cone--need to keep on this one.

City Slickers--- I haven't tried this one again yet but I'm not worried too much about it--when I passed it finally I got a 93%-- my time was fine but I hit the curb right at the end and took 7% worth of damage--not too worried about this one.

Golded all the other schools pretty easily (circle airfield & land took me a bit but all others didn't take too long)

Yeah, City Slicking is not much to worry about. Just don't drive for time. Drive carefully, but then again, not too carefully. The only things to worry about there are the Damage and the 180 turn back.

For Burn & Lap, everyone knows this was my enemy test. I just couldn't get it for the life of me. I finally did. The 100% time is anything from 36.099 and below. Use Handbrake and Brake for cornering and take them tight. Try not to get any wheel-spin or tail-sweep on the exit, as they can ruin your time.

90 Degrees Parking was easy for me. Find a good braking point and again, use Brake and Handbrake. Keep at it. That's a test that requires you to keep going until you get it, and try not to have any breaks between, as you will ruin your momentum.

yep them tips are good jimmy, thats what i did, i just kept at that 90 degree one, it was hard but i finally got it.

Back