Gold Licences with commentary (Complete B1-S10)

• Thread starter Stune
  • 90 comments
I really appreciate you taking the time to contribute these videos.

These will certainly help me out... Some of those tests just have me boggled about how to get anything above silver..

:)

Anybody have any pointers for B5. I'm really having trouble getting the last 3 hundreths off of my time to get gold. Best so far was 18.931. I've tried early turn in, late turn in, and all kinds of different throttle modulations.

Last edited:
Hey man thanks for all these vids, i surely check them out if i encounter any probs :). Anyway im really having trouble with IB-3, im using a ds3, i think i really need to do it with a wheel.

Edit: got gold now, anyone using a ds3 i would advice to use the L2 for brake and R2 for throttle, it takes a short time to get used too but once u get the hang of it u can drive much better. And for gearing i use X for gear up and and [] for gear down.

Last edited:
What settings did you use in IA-1 ? My best time is 0:38.439... near gold

EDIT: Already did gold...

Last edited:
I don't know how it is with a wheel and some pedals (still waiting for mine from Fanatec), but some of these golds are hard as all get out with a controller! ;)

Thanks for the vids ! ! !

My first post here, I will be rolling with a contoller for a while untill I have a steering wheel and all, hope it can work that way.
I want to thank Stune for his great contribution!

Stune, thanks to your vids, I now have 59 golds and 1 silver. That ib 3 (FR Slalom) is really kicking my arse. Any tips? My silver time is 18.899 (gold is 18.5). It's driving me nuts!

EDIT ~ I GOT IT! Thanks again Stune. 18.243

Last edited:
Awesome!
Excellent!
Totally appreciate your work here......gunna give these another go.
I notice you use ( is it )the bumper view .I've only EVER used the " above /behind view "............ though I may change that to the one you use..........very soon.
Thanx

Awesome!
Excellent!
Totally appreciate your work here......gunna give these another go.
I notice you use ( is it )the bumper view .I've only EVER used the " above /behind view "............ though I may change that to the one you use..........very soon.
Thanx

Thanks.:) Yeah i like that view a lot. In some games its a bit low, but in GT5 you get a good view of the road ahead.

Btw for anyone who is struggling on special events I did similar vids for some of the more difficult ones. They can all be found on my Youtube channel for which there is a link in my sig:)

Stune, thanks to your vids, I now have 59 golds and 1 silver. That ib 3 (FR Slalom) is really kicking my arse. Any tips? My silver time is 18.899 (gold is 18.5). It's driving me nuts!

EDIT ~ I GOT IT! Thanks again Stune. 18.243

Lucky git!!

This sounds all too familiar. I'm really stuck on this one. I've wasted far too much time trying to nail this one license. I just think trying to use a DS3 puts you at a massive disadvantage with so many of these tests. I wouldn't mind but most of them are really boring, and the penalty system takes most of the fun out of the "2 lap battles".

With a bit of luck I was able to repair the pedals of my Logitech DFP the other day so I'll try it with a wheel. Fingers crossed that should allow me to be smoother and get this gold.

Got to give Stune a big thanks for these videos, I'm at halfway although the latter half of the licenses are chewing me out.

But anyone who goes to this effort deserves a hand. So cheers mate.

Thanks for posting these Stune! You don't happen to have all golds in the AMG Academy Nurburgring Nordschleife trials.... hahaha....??? :nervous:

I'm glad I found this thread. This is going to be very helpful for golding my licences. 👍

I hope your video for the B-5 license test will help me. I have tried so many times, but have always gotten silver. What is your secret??

great vids. been bronzing the licenses just to move on, but last night decided to go for gold (prob not a wise decision on my part in terms of time management). will use these if i have some problems.

paracefan2002, for B5, break while turning to the apex, and then accelerate from the apex. good luck.

I keep coming back to these! Best thread ever! initially, I approach these tests with all "Silver" in mind, just get through them... I usually limit myself to 3 goes at each test before moving on. Then, later I come back to attempt all gold. While I've done most of the license tests.... I'm only on gold attempts in the "A's" at the moment. Thanks again for posting these.... I'm sure I will review these for months to come! Damn, that Schumacher "S" was a hard!

Frank

Regarding A10 (and maybe this has already been addressed somewhere else). I think some things have been changed or updated in the American version of this test. I also watched "daan's" lap as well, and his line was much closer to mine. I watched Stune's vid of A10 yesterday and tried it last night. The first thing I noticed that was different was the stream of the first 2 cars. Stune was up on those cars very quickly. They seemed much more difficult to slip stream for me. And the entire race depended on a fast start. After exiting the first wide left turn I was still behind that white car. I also took the outside line on that 2nd left. All of the cars appear the same in this race, except the last car. I don't know the exact make/model of the lead car (I will check), but it is white and very angular looking, without a rear spoiler. Also, maybe Stune is carrying more speed from slip stream through this entire race... But I noticed my car does not have the power to gain on the last 3 cars.... notably the 3rd car and the lead car. I've never recorded/uploaded video from my PS3, but if everything I'm thinking/saying holds true when I re-watch a reply tonight, haha.... maybe I'll post a vid.

One more comment is that I've been playing with the joy stick controller, so my twitchy slip stream could have led to inconsistency of my stream off that first car.

Frank

Last edited:
Back