Good american car for the seasonal race "Stars and stripes"?

• Thread starter ds2198
  • 53 comments
I used my Race Modified camaro z28 '69...you might be slower than CPU cars in straight, but the cpu is much slower on corners and this car take them quite good in every situation

Tell About it, I used a med-tuned camaro and came second in eifel, i had a car with over 100PP less than the max,

Now i will RM and Tune my camaro

This was a very fun seasonal. I used a 500pp Eagle Talon on sports soft tires but I did need separate transmission settings to make it competitive at Daytona. Drafting at 205mph:eek: in the Talon was just epic.👍

The tune is over at Clueless Tunes if anyone is interested in trying it.

Just ran the Laguna Seca event in this one, using the '87 Buick GNX at 649pp. It took the lead going into Turn 1 on Lap 3, and never looked back. Too easy in that one!

I have learned that a ZR1 modified to just under the maximum PP on street hard tires isn't so easy to drive fast for five laps fast enough to win, and clean enough to stay in the race.

Premium Ford GT ('06?): mine has slight power upgrade from previous use (air intake I think), but no other setup. Fairly easy win, but still have to be a bit careful on SH tyres - could feel it squirming about at 190mph+ on Daytona.

I did try stock Shelby Cobra on Cape Ring - very wild on the SH and I just couldn't get the win as I always screwed up at least one lap. Still yet to tame the snake then, but what a laugh.

I've noticed a little bug about this... Please tell if any of you see something different than me.

I won the Cape Ring race easily, but when I got to the Tokyo R246 one, I couldn't catch the first car. Not only that, but I barely scratched some tenths of second, and he kept a 9 seconds gap between us. I tried Corvette ZR-1, Ford GT '06 and Viper ACR (all stock, only oil change) and the best position I could reach was second.

I'm not as good driver as some folks here but I don't have trouble messing with the AI, I have everything golded in the game but the Vettel Challenge, etc... So, even counting that I'm not that good at Tokyo R246, I found it odd and got sports soft tyres instead of stock sports hard. I didn't want to do that because the event tells you the AI cars will wear sports hard, but after 4 retries I wanted to win.

I won the race easily with the sports soft tyres, and I watched the replay to check what tyres were the AI cars using, but I was surprised when the replay showed me that I was using sports hard tyres! So were the AI cars too...

I think it can be a translation mistake or something like that... Could you tell me which tyres are AI cars supposed to use in this races please?

Thanks in advance, greetings.

Yeah, I use the Premium Ford GT and do the necessary tuning to keep it within regulations. Remember that you can't use racing cars, which includes any Race Modified street cars. That's why I'm considering buying road-going versions of the Race Modifiable cars so I can race them in their non-RM form.

So go use the Ford GT from the Premium Dealership. Nine times out of ten, the "boss" car to beat in the "Stars and Stripes" Seasonal is usually the Ford GT. Make it a fair fight- fight the AI Ford GT with your own Ford GT. Don't worry about those other losers sharing the track with you.

I used the Callaway C12 '03, 594PP on RH. I especially like the Cape Ring race. Got my first roll over trophy there and still won the race.

The Ford GT (no matter if the No Stripe Premium or the Standard Version) with all upgrades and a little limitation to reach the PP limit is a good choice

GT 05 No Stripe, detuned to the PP. Great fun. Daytona was an ice rink.
Thinking of trying the Grand National next.

You must be really bad if you can't win any race with the cien by at least 30 seconds here.

Wow, your first post here and you use it to dig up an old thread and take a dig at a guy that posted well over a year ago. :rolleyes: :odd:

Chaparral 2J Race car tuned WAY down... I power limited it to 50%, which is about 300 something BHP with 200 kg of ballast. I tuned the transmission for more acceleration then top speed. There were a few moments the cars I were racing were faster than me in straights. BUT its the 2J race car, AND it turns on a dime... So I beat them in the corners. This is an option if don't care about ACTUALLY trying to put forth a effort and race it.

This is the thread for the old Stars and Stripes seasonal from back in 2010. It is no longer available in the game so all of these new comments should be posted in the new Stars and Stripes seasonal thread.

Back