Good Fanatec support experience

• Thread starter Chibana
  • 61 comments
ChibanaChosin
I thought I would post this, since so many have reported poor responsiveness from Fanatec support. A couple of weeks ago, my CSPs stopped working (used in conjunction with the Porsche GT3 RS wheel). Simply not response from any of them in Gran Turismo 5. They were 7 months old, and don't see particularly heavy use (I don't have the time or energy to play GT5 as often as I would like, given how much money I've spent on all this gear). Fanatec support responded promptly to my email. They had me take videos of the problem on PS3 (I also tried NFSS2) and PC. We found that it worked on the PC when I used the USB, but the driver did not detect anything from the pedals when connected to the wheel via PS/2. They sent me a new PCB (circuit board that has the connectors on it) quickly, I replaced it Sunday, and it works. So, at least in my case, their tech support experience was excellent.

This was my exact experience, but since I guess a few people had already had bad boards I was able to get it sorted out via email. The new board was shipped out quickly and worked like a charm. But now I'm using my modded G27s and the flu sports wait for my second rig. :P

Hello, I also throw in their few cents. I had problems with the sensor position in PWTS, fault has been removed by technicians FANATEC. Unfortunately pedals also had headache, and this went worse. I had to send twice to the German. The last time satisfied me completely. Endor has a problem with the database of customers. I moved recently, repeatedly explained to them where they should send PWTS and CSP. And they insist was sent under the old address, even though I changed my data on their website and sent the correct address in the RMA. It was very annoying, as is happening, perhaps because of discrimination against Polish buyers. Somebody explain to me why Poland is excluded from this elite group? We are one of the neighbors. Sorry for the google translator, the point is that Poland has long ago joined the European Union. And we are treated as a third world country.

Last edited:
To the op. Sorry your good news thread got derailed. Im sure you read the fanatec is making me sad thread. If not, you should, and youll understand
Honestly, nice to see some fun in this section of the forum again.

I agree, this is good news, maybe a turning point for Fanatec. Caz, let sleeping dogs lie, no need to re hash that atrocious thread.

Wasnt trying to re hash, just wanted him to see why all the odd comments here. ;)
I come here to avoid drama. If i wanted drama id hang with my wifes friends.hehe ;)

Caz
To the op. Sorry your good news thread got derailed. Im sure you read the fanatec is making me sad thread. If not, you should, and youll understand
Honestly, nice to see some fun in this section of the forum again.

I totally agree, I notice my post on this thread has disappeared it was not meant to hijack the thread but rather contrast it to other negative threads on this forum.

I'll add my good experience with Fanatec to bring a bit more balance to the debate. I preordered the Fanatec PWTS as soon as I was able to. The wait and delay was agonising. When the wheel arrived I fired it up and it didn't work! Gutted does not come close to describing how I felt.

So I fired of an email and within 24 hours I got a reply. I explained the issue and Fanatec agreed to me opening up the case to have a look inside. I found that there was a fault with the wiring loom connecting the PCB on the wheel rim to the PCB in the wheel base was causing the problem. A quick bit of soldering managed to sort the problem and my wheel worked great. The next day a replacement wheel turned up from Fanatec so I was left with a back up in case of a total failure. I'm happy to say I have never had to use that back up wheel.

So yes there are stories of people having problems with Fanatec but there are also many told stories and more than likely even more untold stories of people who have had a good experience with Fanatecs customer service.

Upon getting the CSRE Beta delivered their were some extra spare parts in the box I was sent.
Fanatec contacted me and they arranged with no hassle for me collection of those.

I agree the old system or pre-ordering months in advance then going through delays and get a duff product delivered was tortute and not a good way to do things. Thankfully they have changed that pre-order policy.

Anytime I have needed something changed, it has been dealt with. Yes sometimes the reply has taken a week but never have I had much trouble and have found Armin to be very good to deal with. I think the worst was waiting on a batch to come in for a replacement.

Also noticed that recently ordering a new set of CSP and the Rennsport Wheel Stand got shipped out very quickly. For some reason I had an extra "Tuning Kit" on my order, they contacted me to highlight this, fixed the order and refunded my Pay Pal, still of course sending the free one, err which is going to a member on these forums for their recent help.

I see a company that is improving and going through a growing phase so hope they continue to do so. These things can sometimes also take a bit of time before the benefits are seen.

For me on a personal level I admire the company more because of Thomas's own presence on the forums and he's not just on here trying to pimp new hardware.

Last edited:
I've said this before in other threads but I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences with Fanatec. Always quick to deliver. No issues from me. :)

I had issues with Fanatec as some of you remember. I purchased a GT2, CSP and shifters. Fanatec web store said the products were in stock and I should receive them in 10-14 days. The order was delayed for almost 6 months and I was rather ticked off.

So far I have had minor issues with the product and was able to resolve them myself. I noticed Fanatec was giving away free tuning kits with the purchase of CSP, so I asked Claudia for a free set. Initially she said no, then she had a change of heart and said since my order was long delayed she would send a free tuning kit.

So Kudos to Fanatec, if they wrong a customer they should make it right. It was almost one year since my order that I received the tuning kit. So maybe Fanatec is getting better with CS, although threads are still popping up with unhappy customers. It is imperative to acknowledge customers quickly when a problem arises, say within two days. Then at least the customer knows he is being looked after.

I also had a very good response from customer service about a month ago:

My 1 year and 11 months old PWTS had some issue's with notchy steering.

I made a clear video showing the problem and inclosed with the email and all the required information (like billing, serial number ect ect)

The email was send out on a monday afternoon

On tuesday i received a email from support, that my wheel was unrepairable and to speed things up i didn't even have to send it in.

They asked whether is was ok, if they send me a GT2 as a replacement.

I replied back that i never liked the looks of the GT2 and asked for a CSR wheel instead.

This was no problem, the CSR wheel was delivered to my without any charge on friday THE SAME WEEK !!!

That's about the best support you can get.:dunce::):dunce::)

HoiHman
I also had a very good response from customer service about a month ago:

My 1 year and 11 months old PWTS had some issue's with notchy steering.

I made a clear video showing the problem and inclosed with the email and all the required information (like billing, serial number ect ect)

The email was send out on a monday afternoon

On tuesday i received a email from support, that my wheel was unrepairable and to speed things up i didn't even have to send it in.

They asked whether is was ok, if they send me a GT2 as a replacement.

I replied back that i never liked the looks of the GT2 and asked for a CSR wheel instead.

This was no problem, the CSR wheel was delivered to my without any charge on friday THE SAME WEEK !!!

That's about the best support you can get.:dunce::):dunce::)

Very similar situation for me but I stuck with the gt2 they offered to replace my pwts wheel which was also 1 year and 11 month old. Only gripe I have is the fact they keep sending products to my old address no matter how many times I tell them my new one!

Let's see...
The fact that I got a great service and I live in an unsupported country says enough.

I asked Fanatec (sent a support request) on monday, got a written response on tuesday, got everything arranged and by friday I got my quotation sent to me via email.
I made the payment right away and I got my goods the next friday - right to my doorstep.
Great company, great customer service.
Thanks to Mrs Claudia Faltermeier. 👍

My last issue was handled superbly too.
Issue reported on a Thursday, component received on the Tuesday following week.

PM'd Thomas because I had before ranted and thought I should offer credit where due.
Posted publically about the improvement in customer care as well. Probably buried in the Fanatec announcement thread somewhere I can't remember.

I have also had issues too and everyone's issue is personal to them. Probably feels more important than other peoples issues.

When you feel as though no ones listening and posts go unanswered or it seems as though people skirt around and don't offer help it's frustrating. ( GTPlanet ).

So what if a poster only has a few posts.
I can understand some cynical views but why not give them the benifit of the doubt.

If there false then so be it.
If there genuine and the community can help then maybe the community will benifit from another valued member with the same interests as us all.

Many first time ranters probably need a shoulder to cry on and feel as though there being listened too. Might find there next post is far more rational.

I'm sure Thomas is very pleased with the good feedback from a customer relationship point of view.
Far more informative from a strategy aspect is dealing with the problems and ironing out the kinks?

Is it a particular location getting more issues than others.
Language barriers?
Simple information he could add to his site to avoid simple errors.
Troubleshooting guide (is there one, I don't know).

No one bashes the good story's.
Give the ranter a hug. If he turns out false then slay him.

Anyway I'm out. I'm in danger of being thought sensible.

It's good to see that they are making an effort to turn their reputation arround. Hopefully they will keep it up and clean up their quality controll department. I love my Fanatec stuff but unfortunately both my wheel and pedals have failed, the issues have been resolved and my replacement wheel it still going strong after 10 months of use.
I love to see threads like this being made!
Keep the good work up Fanatec!

Thanks for posting your positive experiences. They gave me the confidence needed to order the GT3 V2 with CSP. I will post my experience.

No point turning this thread also into a debate guys...

Personally I won't excuse someone that exhaggerates things just to be more dramatic in their report of issues or problems. You guys talk about common sense or being sensible/responsible then the person making the post/complaint should consider the same.

Sure anyone could create a thread and tell a bunch of lies too. So anyone and any post should be based on the facts at hand and the attitude or claims the individual makes.

Post with an attitude and your likely to get attitude back, simple really.

Last edited:
As none of us work for Fanatec we are entitled to post in any way we see fit Mr Latte. I won't knock you for having attitude.

As none of us work for Fanatec we are entitled to post in any way we see fit Mr Latte. I won't knock you for having attitude.

No point even answering to this...
Add me to your signature list please and keep me on it, thanks in advance.

I agree, so move along guys nothing more to see here...

Personally I won't excuse someone that exhaggerates things just to be more dramatic in their report of issues or problems.

Also agree, off with their heads...

Upps... where does that leave me now :ill:

Do you two want to get a room and have a little bit of a wrestle on the bed to sort your differences out :)

Mr Latte
No point even answering to this...
Add me to your signature list please and keep me on it thanks in advance.

Huh? What?

Are you for real? What the hell did I post that warranted that you pompous old windbag.

Request accepted.

Personally I won't excuse someone that exhaggerates things just to be more dramatic in their report of issues or problems. You guys talk about common sense or being sensible/responsible then the person making the post/complaint should consider the same.

Sure anyone could create a thread and tell a bunch of lies too. So anyone and any post should be based on the facts at hand and the attitude or claims the individual makes.

So according too mr Latte we need to have some standards in which someone with a low post count needs to adhere to when posting in threads where Fanatec does not make them happy.

I have taken the liberty of analyzing and breaking down mr Lattes well thought out response. So new members "ye shall or ye shall not"

• exhaggerates things (sic)
  • dramatic in their report
  • talk about common sense
  • sensible/responsible
  • anyone could create a thread and tell a bunch of lies too
  • any post should be based on the facts at hand
  • the attitude or claims the individual makes

I hope I have not missed anything, does this look about right. Mods please make this a sticky and have all new members read when posting anything negative about Fanatec.

This is getting out of hand........

Edit: i wasted my evil post (666) on this comment. Oh well.

Last edited:
Back