Good news...PS5 Price & Release Date LEAKED for both PS5 consoles!

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 12 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
davidtsmith333
Removed

I could live with those prices. Pretty reasonable IMO.
Was expecting to be higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume the disc version is required to play games from older generations so someone like me with 50+ games for both the PS2 and 3 it may be worth paying the extra $100.

Every price under the sun has been pulled out of thin air over the past week :lol:

Pretty sure it's going to be more than that, more like $599.

The Youtube content provider
thinks they can get a metric ****tonne of clicks from some unsourced nonsense
hence he posted.
Is listed on Amazon.
No, it was allegedly listed on Amazon France two days ago, and the prices were in Euros not USD... and not rounded down:

EanXItnWsAEj6Qr.jpg
The converted prices would be $450 and $560, so that's the thumbnail he's chosen immediately wrong. But that's not the immediate problem - a screenshot of an Amazon listing is meaningless. See any links to click on anywhere? No? Why's that? Oh, someone would be able to check if that page was cached and therefore immediately determine whether it was real or not? Bingpot.

It's a doctored version of this page: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07SDFL84P/ You can create one yourself with browser dev tools or just good old Photoshop, if you feel like it. Here, this is it in my browser with a totally fake price I just tapped out:

upload_2020-6-19_0-1-36.png

(I couldn't be bothered adding nodes to make it look legit; the point is there without any further effort)

Want to know the best bit? Amazon already said this, long before your post. It took zero digging to find this out.

That means that your Youtube content provider who's honestly posted something he truly honestly thinks is legit has actually created a seven-minute video on a piece of information he has conducted no fact-checking on whatsoever. Some real outlets have reported on both the original image - mostly with hints of caution - and the fact it's a fake.

Even actual Amazon listings aren't necessarily indicative of anything. Also listed on Amazon recently was a £600 PS5 (on June 11), which is $760, for a completely non-existent 1TB model - alongside similarly not-real 500GB and 2TB models.

The Youtube content provider said he thinks this one is legit hence he posted. Is listed on Amazon.
Rubbish. Retailers always sets a price to get pre orders done. Wait until it's official.

thinks they can get a metric ****tonne of clicks from some unsourced nonsense

No, it was allegedly listed on Amazon France two days ago, and the prices were in Euros not USD... and not rounded down:

EanXItnWsAEj6Qr.jpg
The converted prices would be $450 and $560, so that's the thumbnail he's chosen immediately wrong. But that's not the immediate problem - a screenshot of an Amazon listing is meaningless. See any links to click on anywhere? No? Why's that? Oh, someone would be able to check if that page was cached and therefore immediately determine whether it was real or not? Bingpot.

It's a doctored version of this page: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07SDFL84P/ You can create one yourself with browser dev tools or just good old Photoshop, if you feel like it. Here, this is it in my browser with a totally fake price I just tapped out:

View attachment 931936

(I couldn't be bothered adding nodes to make it look legit; the point is there without any further effort)

Want to know the best bit? Amazon already said this, long before your post. It took zero digging to find this out.

That means that your Youtube content provider who's honestly posted something he truly honestly thinks is legit has actually created a seven-minute video on a piece of information he has conducted no fact-checking on whatsoever. Some real outlets have reported on both the original image - mostly with hints of caution - and the fact it's a fake.

Even actual Amazon listings aren't necessarily indicative of anything. Also listed on Amazon recently was a £600 PS5 (on June 11), which is $760, for a completely non-existent 1TB model - alongside similarly not-real 500GB and 2TB models.
Well he did say in the comments section:
ChampChong
15 hours ago
CLARIFICATION: These $399 and $499 prices are USD not Australian Dollars haha. We will be paying between $550-750 most likely.

So this is just fictional numbers he made up on a system that hasn't had prices revealed. Got it.

Well he did say in the comments section:
Which is still wrong...

Dude's made a seven-minute video on an easily-faked screenshot with no fact-checking, and even got the one fact actually shown on the screenshot wrong... That should be your takeaway here.

Which is still wrong...

Dude's made a seven-minute video on an easily-faked screenshot with no fact-checking, and even got the one fact actually shown on the screenshot wrong... That should be your takeaway here.
Well I guess time will tell won't we?

Well I guess time will tell won't we?
Not really, no. We can say right now that he's lying about a fake screenshot, because Amazon has said it's fake and he's making up the numbers that are actually in it (the screenshot he's based the whole video on clearly says 499.99€, not $499) anyway. And he's made a seven-minute video based on the lie and the fake. Time won't change any of that.

Since this thread is predicated on a clickbait video made about a fake screenshot which the creator also lies about...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back