Good wheel for casual racer

I would NOT agree with many people who speak in favor of Logitech, but that is more a matter of taste.The Logitechs are simply too loud for me to operate due to the pure gear drive.I would look for good deals and then buy a T300 RS or a T248. The biggest advantage is the possibility of being able to buy one of the best pedal sets available on the market (T-LCM) if necessary. Logitech doesn't even offer a pedal set like this as an option for any money.The T248 is certainly a little weaker than the G29/G923, but the pedals included here are already significantly better than the Logitech pedals.The T300 is at least on par with the Logitech, some even see it ahead of the G29/923... and with the T300 you can even use a different steering wheel as an option.I've been using Thrustmaster steering wheels for some time and have never had any problems with overheating. I wouldn't believe everything that's being spread around on the internet.
At risk over being off-topic or thread hijacking, do you know how the T-LCM pedals compare to the G29 with the AXC brake upgrade?
Thanks.

At risk over being off-topic or thread hijacking, do you know how the T-LCM pedals compare to the G29 with the AXC brake upgrade?
Thanks.
I actually don't know. But even with this mod it's very difficult to compare the T-LCM with the Logitech. In the same way, an upgrade with the new Logitech "Pro" pedals would somehow make no sense, since the price of the pedals alone already exceeds the starting price for steering wheels on all T300 or G29/923.

That would be like equipping a standard Dacia with the high-speed tires for a Bugatti.

In my opinion the most important point for a good pedal set is the use of a load cell for the brake pedal.
Then come reliable sensors for the gas/clutch pedal. And if a manufacturer were to integrate haptic feedback into the pedal unit, ideally in the way that a dual sense controller works... that would be a pedal set that you absolutely have to have.

The T-LCM have a load cell AND use "Hall" sensors, i.e. magnetic switches and no optical or mechanical potentiometers to measure the position of the accelerator pedal. All of this at a really good price in a fairly well-made and pleasantly large base. In my opinion a really perfect price/performance ratio.

And if a manufacturer were to integrate haptic feedback into the pedal unit, ideally in the way that a dual sense controller works... that would be a pedal set that you absolutely have to have.
THIS ! I don't understand why no manufacturer has done it, those dualsense triggers give a lot of feedback despite being very little. It would be great to use these feedbacks on pedals. And if I was to get a wheel someday, it is something I'd really miss.

Last edited:
And if a manufacturer were to integrate haptic feedback into the pedal unit, ideally in the way that a dual sense controller works... that would be a pedal set that you absolutely have to have.
Great idea. The TGT wheel already has a rumble feature, just implement it to the pedals.

I have a Thrustmaster T-150 Pro that I bought used for cheap five years ago. I haven’t had one problem and I use it every day. It’s been perfect for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think you are under the assumption that a wheel will magically resolve any issues with your driving and make you inherently faster.
It wont. The whole game is perfectly competitvely viable with controller, even up to A+ (and top split) levels.

If you're having trouble with golding CE's or making turns, your driving technique is the issue, not the controller. And spending $500 on a wheel won't suddenly improve your technique.
Ehhh, I didn't get that at all. I thought the op framed the contrast between controller and wheel properly from a user experience or enjoyment level, even opening the subject with the qualification that he was not a sim racer, etc. I could be wrong, but anyways, to the OP, yes indeed - g923. In fact, it's Logi's ps version of the 920. That's what I've been using. I upgraded to the shifter, with gmod and never use it, lol. I also upgraded to the Pro pedals, with lc brake, together with Logi's Racing Adapter and spring/damper pitbox kit, and I promise it will definitely provide exponentially more fun, and if it don't make you faster it's because you're a crash-test dummy at heart. That's the hot setup though, my friend; Logi G923 w/Pro Pedals, Racing Adapter, and Spring/Damper Assortment. The Adapter is a literally a giant 2" dial in-line with brake wires That's used to, lol, dial in your brakes. GAME changer, it truly is.
I'd offer to sell you my Logi setup seeing that I just drank the Fana-juice and am currently still calibrating and getting to know it, except that tbh... mb I'm crazy, but at this point I miss my G923.

Ehhh, I didn't get that at all. I thought the op framed the contrast between controller and wheel properly from a user experience or enjoyment level, even opening the subject with the qualification that he was not a sim racer, etc. I could be wrong, but anyways, to the OP, yes indeed - g923. In fact, it's Logi's ps version of the 920. That's what I've been using. I upgraded to the shifter, with gmod and never use it, lol. I also upgraded to the Pro pedals, with lc brake, together with Logi's Racing Adapter and spring/damper pitbox kit, and I promise it will definitely provide exponentially more fun, and if it don't make you faster it's because you're a crash-test dummy at heart. That's the hot setup though, my friend; Logi G923 w/Pro Pedals, Racing Adapter, and Spring/Damper Assortment. The Adapter is a literally a giant 2" dial in-line with brake wires That's used to, lol, dial in your brakes. GAME changer, it truly is.
I'd offer to sell you my Logi setup seeing that I just drank the Fana-juice and am currently still calibrating and getting to know it, except that tbh... mb I'm crazy, but at this point I miss my G923.
Thank you for understanding. You are spot on with it.

Thank you for the feedback and insights. I tired my g920 using an adapter and really fought to get full braking with it. i was having to press so hard it moved my recliner or pedals. Im still trying to see if its a viable option but im thinking I am not getting as much feedback as I do with the controller or would with a g923. It just sucks that logitech is still using the same pedal setup all these years later.

Back