Goodbye GT5P

• Thread starter raceur
  • 64 comments
GT5P gave me and my friends hours of amusement. It improved my real-world track skills, let me have some challenging online races, helped me to learn drifting and introduced me to a whole new world of car fun that doesn't cost very much and is easily accessible.

Goodbye, GT5P, thanks for everything.

Special moments:

- completing A8
- completing the game!
- a couple of the online races where we were wheel-to-wheel all the way for ten laps
- my first 10k drift run at Eiger
- my first top 100 time trial
- first F1 2007 drive

Sad to say I never finished GT5P, never even got to the part where you can tune or race online! :( Why? Because I still haven't finished up GT4 either! Who can with all those cars to try out? lol.

A-8 is a special moment even better than than my S-10 suzuka silver, yes its a silver and im proud of it :P

got 4 days to get all gold think that'll never happen. lol

I remember getting GT5P back in April 2008. It's hard to believe that two years on and people were still playing it at a time when, back in 08, you would've surely got bored of it/and thought that the full game would be out already.

I played it for the first time in a long while a couple of days back to remember what a great game it was. I'll keep it but in a mere few days it will be a distant blur on the horizon...

Finished it pretty quickly, and got bored fast.
Would have been nice online if there were not so many glitches.
I won't miss it at all.
Had way more fun with GT4.

Ill probably come back and play GT5P and GT HD concept before when GT6 is released just to reminisce old gameplay

It was pretty easy for me to complete all C, B, A, and S events plus all manufacturer events, too. My favorite car is the only F1 in the game, a Ferrari F2007. I want to try to score my third and final Ferrari F1 on this game before I call it quits on the 23rd.

It was pretty easy for me to complete all C, B, A, and S events plus all manufacturer events, too. My favorite car is the only F1 in the game, a Ferrari F2007. I want to try to score my third and final Ferrari F1 on this game before I call it quits on the 23rd.

I had all the cars including a Ferrari 2007 in all four color combinations on my old PS3 before it got the YLOD. I just barely got my first one on my new system.

Wow, got Prologue Chriatmas day 2007, the day they turned the multiplayer on, was so happy to finally be playing multplayer on GT!

Then came spec 2 with all the new cars and HSR and then Spec 3 with new sounds, physics and the three new cars.

I really enjoyed it and played it so much, its been emotional!

You done well, my friend. I wish you a speedy recovery. I know what YLOD's are all about, they're bad news.

I had all the cars including a Ferrari 2007 in all four color combinations on my old PS3 before it got the YLOD. I just barely got my first one on my new system.

Sad to say I never finished GT5P, never even got to the part where you can tune or race online! :( Why? Because I still haven't finished up GT4 either! Who can with all those cars to try out? lol.

You seem like someone who would have finished them. Looks like I'm mistaken.

For me, I'll still play Prologue. I still play GT1, GT2, GT3, even though I have GT4. I don't know, every game is different, and I enjoy that experience.

I had the buy the bloody game twice - once via physical disk which the PS3 wouldn't boot up after installing a new 500GB and the second time from PSN.

Oh well, GT5P, you've been great. Helluva value for reply on just a Demo.

On Pro?

I never did beat S-10 oh well GT5 here i come!:dopey:

me neither... I don't think I ever really applied myself to beating it. Oh well, it was very satisfying beating some of the other tracks. S2k2k3's Mine's auto tune really helped. Also it got much easier when I turned off the assists.

Last edited:
I got bored really fast about 1 month and a half I had passed every challenge and dealership race. I was using a DS3 at the time, now I have a DFGT I have used 2 or 3 times. I'm saving it for the 24th

S7 & S10 where the most enjoyable AI races for me. It was a long time since i played GT5 Prologue though. I finished it reletively short after release, when it was spec 2, if i remeber correct.

I really hope the full game will have a lot more challenges of S10 difficulty :-)

i've been playing it the last few days, learning to drift. got 13K points, which is brill for me :D.
goodbye gt5p :(

I just picked up a copy of GT5P a week ago along with a PS3 320GB. I've been playing the heck out of it just to get ready for November 24th. I can't believe how much better GT5P is over GT4!

Last edited:
No goodbye for me.

Although the comments for GT5 are promising to blow my mind out, I still plan to go back to GT5p regularly.
I actually planned not to drift in GT5 but stick to GT5p for that.
GT5p my first Gran Turismo ever, I will never forget you!

Almost. I'm still playing it and will be until Wednesday. I've gotten all gold in everything a while ago. I just want to get Suzuka down in the F2007, I can't seem to get turn 1-2 down and the Spoon curve.

I'm not going to touch it after GT5 is in my hands, nor any other games.

S7 & S10 where the most enjoyable AI races for me. It was a long time since i played GT5 Prologue though. I finished it reletively short after release, when it was spec 2, if i remeber correct.

I really hope the full game will have a lot more challenges of S10 difficulty :-)

With the improved A.I. that GT5 is suppose to have over GT5P, and the customizable Driving Aids, I am sure it will be plenty of challenges. I am not the most hardcore GT racer but I am okay. I was able to pass Prologue in 3 weeks. I have only been playing Prologue since this past summer to practice my G27 custom setup but I have owned all GTs in the series. Great experience and I learned to drive a stick alot better. Thanks Prologue, if people still play you til this day, imagine the replay value will come from the full version. For me I have 37 hrs left. Well 38 if you include the install time once I get it home.

Almost. I'm still playing it and will be until Wednesday. I've gotten all gold in everything a while ago. I just want to get Suzuka down in the F2007, I can't seem to get turn 1-2 down and the Spoon curve.

I'm not going to touch it after GT5 is in my hands, nor any other games.

All gold, dang. Even all the S races. That's impressive, remind be to never race you online,lol. Ditto on the retired games. I won't even take the game out the console until winter is over more than likely.

Last edited:
I think we can agree that we can all finally say goodbye to all those haters hating on this game for not being a "complete game".

But on a more positive note, I will really miss A9... and the great ending movie after A10. Finishing "S" events just didn't seem as exciting as A10.

Id just like to say that Gran Turismo 5:Prolougue is the best game I have ever played. It succeds GT4 in my opinion because of the more realistic phyisics (although slipstreaming IS a bit comical :scared:). Id just like to share my greatest moments in playing this awsome game:
-finally getting the hang of proffesional physics with my Driving Force GT
-completing class A and tuning my cars for the first time
-managing to get all gold in S class in proffesional physics (although only managed to get silver in the 1 lap suzuka challenge although managing to get a gold on standard)
-obtaining the F2007 :)
- perfectly tuning and mastering the GT lm test car and managing to get it around high speed ring reverse while fully tuned in under 59 seconds :D
-learning how to drift (kinda) and managing my first 10,000+ point drift score on eiger nordward
-collecting every car available in the game.

Back