Got $61,597 - what car should be my second car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Guvernment
  • 57 comments
  • 1,437 views
er... umm....

there are plenty of tuning guides. I could only give you settings for my near stock rx7.

rx7-rz: race flywheel, semi-race suspension, lightweight stage 1, race exhaust, chip, engine balance, turbo stage 1...

asm:1
tcs: 1
lowered 2nd from bottom
dampening: 7 f/r
camber: f/2 r/1
stabilizers: 3/3

think thats about it..
didnt whak too much stuff on it. :/
 
oih and guvernment, try not to supe up the 7 too much....
a street car can never be graceful once it reaches hp of 500 (IMO)
try and keep the horsepower lower, that way, you'll be required to use more skill :p
 
Obviously i would say some sort of Nissan Skyline. :)
 
I would suggest the Z06, and follow the same path as i did. Give it a stage 2 NA, enter in the Super Speedway Endurance, and you should race that until you win an F1. :)
 
Originally posted by Audiyoda
I would definatly say the Viper GTS.

-Sam

yep 👍 get it put on some big power then run the "like the wind" race in the Pro league win that race and get the 787b and then nothing will stand in your way:cool:
 
You know what? Get the Skyline R34J (the 57,000 one) I got that as my third car and I have like, over 1700 miles on it. I beat all the Rally races with it, yep every single one, it was pretty easy, but your going so fast it's to keep a strait line. I got the Escudo for getting a gold on all Rally Races, I also got over 2mil for all the races, not including selling all the Rally cars you get which can be sold for 75-85 Thousand. Ver profitable. Get a Skyline. Skyline all the ****ing way. :D :D

-Sam
 
Mr. Guvernment, let me put in my two cents' worth...

1) You don't need a second memory card like you said above. You can keep 200 cars in your garage, which should be plenty, even with duplicates.

2) I heartily recommend that you don't just keep getting the biggest gun you can to blow away the game. I didn't intentionally start out that way, but I did run the Beginner Stars & Stripes in the Camaro racecar because it was the only American car I owned at the time. I found out it's just not as much fun that way; at least not for me. It's way more satisfying to battle it out with the field instead of kissing them all goodbye before the first turn. It will also teach you a lot more about how to drive so that if you ever get involved with playing 2-player, or in online competitions, you will be much more competitive.

GT3 is easy to beat, but not so easy to win if you are trying to keep it fair (which is the only way it's interesting to me). Horsepower isn't going to help you in the Time Trials and License tests, which you'll need to get 100% completion.

I'm not trying to tell you you're playing the game wrong. I'm just saying I bet you find it more satisfying if you do it this way, and you'll definitely learn better skills. I can almost always beat the AI in an even car, and I'm in the bottom levels of the online racing scene. If I can do it, you can.
 
Either that, or I just talk a lot... :lol:
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Mr. Guvenrment, let me put in my two cents' worth...

1) You don't need a second memory card like you said above. You can keep 200 cars in your garage, which should be plenty, even with duplicates.

2) I heartily recommend that you don't just keep getting the biggest gun you can to blow away the game. I didn't intentionally start out that way, but I did run the Beginner Stars & Stripes in the Camaro racecar because it was the only American car I owned at the time. I found out it's just not as much fun that way; at least not for me. It's way more satisfying to battle it out with the field instead of kissing them all goodbye before the first turn. It will also teach you a lot more about how to drive so that if you ever get involved with playing 2-player, or in online competitions, you will be much more competitive.

GT3 is easy to beat, but not so easy to win if you are trying to keep it fair (which is the only way it's interesting to me). Horsepower isn't going to help you in the Time Trials and License tests, which you'll need to get 100% completion.

I'm not trying to tell you you're playing the game wrong. I'm just saying I bet you find it more satisfying if you do it this way, and you'll definitely learn better skills. I can almost always beat the AI in an even car, and I'm in the bottom levels of the online racing scene. If I can do it, you can.

hehe, thas kew m8.

well, i am doing that now - forsome reason it did not save my camaro - but it saved me completing that race :( i won it in. (i usually leve my ps2 on lately been playing so much)

So back to my rx7-rz - playing better now, actually learning to take turns.

but you are right - it was not much fun with the camaro - well, it was - but not much of a challenge - iwould just mess around with drifting on all the turns, often spin right out, everyone pass me and i knew i would still win.

I played a map with tire wear on! man 2nd lap of the Mountain track i had to pit, and then 2 laps later, had to pit, while the computer did not pit @ all! so i know i need to work on that for sure!!
 
The racecars all come with T5 (medium) tires, which are grippy but wear pretty quickly, especially if you slide a lot.

I suggest that your first move should be to put T2 (super slicks) or T4 (medium slick) on the cars you drive, race car or street car. These will not handle as well as the T5s, but way better than Sport or Sim tires on the street cars. T2s will go 10 laps or more, and T4s will usually go 7-10, meaning many fewer pit stops. If you ever do any of the Enduros, T2s are the way to go. You may start out losing to the fastest car, but 20 laps later you'll be way ahead of him.
 
I though that that T1s had the least life and the Super-Softs had the most life. always use Softs. They last a long time.

-Sam
 
Originally posted by Audiyoda
I though that that T1s had the least life and the Super-Softs had the most life. always use Softs. They last a long time.
If you look at the chart, there is a little graph that shows you.

T2 (super slicks) have the least grip (but still way more than Sport tires), and they are slowest to warm up, but they last the longest by far.

T8 (super softs) have the most grip and they warm up immediately, but they are no good for more than about 2 laps.

Everything else is in between, though they are not perfectly distributed.
 
^^^^ nice to get an opinion,

and with the tires, perhaps i drive it too hard..lol but i got the softest ones, the most expensive tires and after 2 laps - they are turning 2 red on the mountain course :(
 
Hi i bought a Corvette Z 06 n tuned it up and it is 1 of my fastest car with that car i went in 2 ameture and went in 2 the N/A race High Speed Ring if u win that u probly will u win 15,000creds!! :)
 
First of all. For everyone who doesnt realize it. He bought the RX-7 like 20 posts ago, and people keep suggesting cars.



Now, to contradict myself. I think that you made a pretty big mistake buying the RX-7. It will never keep up to a Z06 with equal hp wether both cars had 500hp or 800hp. The z06 would always beat it.


The Z06's tires are 5/3 the size of the Rx-7's so it maintains way more grip. Anyways, have fun with the rotary, and dont blow all your cash on one car. Do a bit to one car and then get something else. Atleast thats what I like to do. For the price of some T8's you could have bought an SVT Cobra and a Camaro Z28. Or for the price of a stage 4 turbo you could buy a Supra and a Skyline.
 
^^^^

welll thnx for pointing it out, but i guess for next time too i can keep taking suggestions..lol

as for speed - with it modd'd up, i am keeping up and ahead in almost all races. even the americn cup in amateur :)
 
I thought the Super Slicks had the least life, what is going on here. Is it the farther away the line is from life mean it has more life or what?
 
T2 Super Slicks last the longest. For instance, in the Roadster Enduro, a stock Miata will get anywhere from 15-20 laps out of a set of T2s, meaning you only have to pit once or maybe twice.

A set of T4s will last about 10-12 laps, meaning you have to pit 3 times or so.

A set of T8s will last 2-3 laps at most, which is why that guy who runs away at the beginning of the race is 2 or 3 laps down by the end of it. He has to pit at least 12 times because the tires wear out so quickly.
 
^^^^

weird - the most expensive tired last the least amount of time - but i assume their grip is better?
 
Much better grip, much worse life. That's what that little diagonal bar graph is showing you. Experiment a little with T2s, T4s, and T8s. Run 3 laps with each tire, back to back, and see what a difference it makes in the car.
 
Will give it a try! got to win some more races and such to get more money - since it did not save my last run :( (was upto $70k!!!!!) now back to like $10k :(
 
Definitely the Z06. It's a performance moster for short money.

...and welcome to GTP!
 
well - maxed out the rx7 with the 80K turbo..LOL and now i am raping the European course in amateur! and did the first 2 as well!

NEXT! :)

Just got the Vertigo Race Car - time for some more fun! :)
 
Back