Got realism?

my favorite bit:

'Why are the AI hitting me all the time?

The AI drivers in Project CARS are quite dynamic and modelled on real-life racing. They will try and overtake if you give them the chance, they will be defensive and they will give track position to avoid collisions to an extent. They are also inclined to follow the best racing line, so if your line is significantly different you might clash a bit. It's an opportunity to learn race craft, learn the lines, learn that trying to overtake everyone by the first corner does not provide the best racing, and that the AI will respect you properly if you show them respect too! You might be used to static AI that just obey these lines, so the AI in Project CARS will demand a bit more 'human-like' consideration.'

I've noticed this when watching some videos....drivers that go along as if they were playing GranTurismo will crash quite often....but if you play the AI as if it were 'real' you will have loads of fun!

my favorite bit:

'Why are the AI hitting me all the time?

The AI drivers in Project CARS are quite dynamic and modelled on real-life racing. They will try and overtake if you give them the chance, they will be defensive and they will give track position to avoid collisions to an extent. They are also inclined to follow the best racing line, so if your line is significantly different you might clash a bit. It's an opportunity to learn race craft, learn the lines, learn that trying to overtake everyone by the first corner does not provide the best racing, and that the AI will respect you properly if you show them respect too! You might be used to static AI that just obey these lines, so the AI in Project CARS will demand a bit more 'human-like' consideration.'

I've noticed this when watching some videos....drivers that go along as if they were playing GranTurismo will crash quite often....but if you play the AI as if it were 'real' you will have loads of fun!
It's all about the single player experience for me, so this is just even more of a reason to be super hyped for PCars.
I was confident in the abilities and dynamics of the ai, but even more so now!:bowdown:

Wow this is really cool, thanks for that OP.

As someone who is completely over tuning in Gran Turismo, this made my hype levels go through the roof:
"start researching because effective real life changes will be just as effective in Project CARS."

Yay, tuning using common sense!

Here is a PCars wiki that has just been updated with a lot of facts the WMD community has gathered in order to adress a lot of questions regarding PCars Physics Model and FFB System.

http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics

Feel free to discuss findings from this wiki in here!

Great work, guys. This will hype the hype up to Mega Super Ultra Hype for sure, just to use a few 90's words. :P

It's working for these guys above me in the thread at least. ;)

Guys... which of you are working on that wiki?

This needs an extra informative line:

Throttle response feels laggy
That's because Project CARS uses a simulated volumetric throttle model. It will probably feel more ‘analogue' than you might be used to virtually. This is real world behaviour, in contrast to the "x% throttle pedal input = x% engine RPM" physics that is common in racing simulations/games.

"This also means that each engine/car has a different throttle response. So all cars will feel and respond differently on the throttle, which adds a lot to the (sub-)conscious character you'd get from each car."

I'm sure I'll find more things to which I'd love to add bits. :P

Well done @blowfishrulez 👍👍 I for one really appreciate the more down to earth wording of the SMS approach. A very serious sim with incredible immersion potential, but made by regular guys not stuffed shirts, is the image it seems to project.

That image is correct than, cause these guys are your normal down to earth kind of people. Even the SMS guys are just like all of us sim racers... car fanatics. The guys of SMS were just sim racers who started modding and than ended up starting their own company, which ended them where they are now as SMS with a team of sim racers in WMD to make Project CARS.

Thanks mate, that one really went over my head with all the family circumstances the past month. Will post my naggings there. haha ;)

Guys... which of you are working on that wiki?

This needs an extra informative line:

"This also means that each engine/car has a different throttle response. So all cars will feel and respond differently on the throttle, which adds a lot to the (sub-)conscious character you'd get from each car."

I'm sure I'll find more things to which I'd love to add bits. :P

Always giving us a great insight about the insides of the game, I was 100% convinced you had been heavily involved in this wiki page.

Surely you'll be able to add some fascinating tidbits to this rather impressive list! 👍

Always giving us a great insight about the insides of the game, I was 100% convinced you had been heavily involved in this wiki page.

Surely you'll be able to add some fascinating tidbits to this rather impressive list! 👍

This seems to have started in the time that my grandmother died. Which left me with little time to add anything to the project or even notice a thread on this at WMD. So go figure.

Everything's settled in real life now. So that leaves enough time for my sore muscles to restore themselves from throwing couches, chairs and cabinets over a rail at the garbage dump. lol
A time which can be used for different matters like the project or the wiki page... or trying to improve my guitar playing ability. Which quite frankly sucks donkeywood. :lol:

I can lock up the brakes and flat spot the tires and I'll feel the flat spots through force feedback!? The same thing applies to hitting puddles in the wet!

May still comes after April, right?

I can lock up the brakes and flat spot the tires and I'll feel the flat spots through force feedback!? The same thing applies to hitting puddles in the wet!

May still comes after April, right?

[James May] If spacetime doesn't get distorted and a nutter doesn't change the gregorian calendar in the next few days... most probably, yes. [/James May]

Here's hoping PD will try to match all this in 7.

I'm getting a PS4 this month, but I won't have a usable wheel for it. I'm not sure if it will be actually worth playing this game with a gamepad. It just seems like I would miss out on too much of what it offers.

Here's hoping PD will try to match all this in 7.

I'm getting a PS4 this month, but I won't have a usable wheel for it. I'm not sure if it will be actually worth playing this game with a gamepad. It just seems like I would miss out on too much of what it offers.
You can try, but yeah. Gamepad experience and wheel experience are COMPLETELY different. Gamepad feels ok, you can get some decent lap times, but its not really all that different from other games like GT/Forza with gamepad. With the wheel it is 1000000% better.

Back