GPR's Gallery - CRF Set 3 - Nissan Collection

• Thread starter GPR
  • 209 comments
Good grief.....i think the drama with your PS3 lately has messed with your head mate! 👍

Probably has, wouldn't surprise me. ;)

What a great comeback set!! :drool: My favourite is the last shot! :bowdown: Great toning and composition!

Cheers Ciro, yep the last seems to be a winner. :) 👍

Beautiful set with lots of variety in composition style, I love them all. Plus the mood is very...moody :cheers:

Thanks mate, glad you appreciate the variety and style. As always I try to keep a set consistent if I can. Appreciate the comment. :) 👍

I'm late here too :)

Back in june with you last comp entry update : "Field of Dreams" is superb, great toning, excellent light and awesome atmosphere wich fit perfectly the title. "Sir Jack" is an excellent pic in the vintage realistic style with especially a good work on contrast. I like the mood of "Welcome to Slient Hill". "Sun Kissed" has many quyality, the flare is well used, the toning is excellent, colorful and realistic, and the composition is excellent with a great point of view on the scenery in the background. And the edit work on "Getting Gritty With It" is awesome, I need to learn how to do such a thing !

The Jaguar XKRS set is superb, nice to see a full set from you. The first shot looks like a professionnal advertising, the close shot is splendid and the panorama excellent !

And now I will wait for the next update !

Thanks very much Jeremy. :) I very much appreciate your indepth comments. As for the edting in "Getting Gritty With It" it did take me quite a while to tweak it until I was happy. But nothing special in edit approach though. ;)

Well I don't have anyhting new right this second. But I am going to have a new CRF set very soon, I think possibly this weekend. I only have a couple more shots to edit. So hopefully you guys will stay tuned for that.

In the meantime here's a catch up of comp entries. It's been a while since my last comp update and I didn't even post the rest of my tournament entries. :boggled:

2.0 Tournament 1 -Round 2

Out Of Control

2.0 Tournament 1 - Semi Final

Timeless

2.0 Tournament 1 - Final

Flying Lotus

CCCL WK 29

Morning Wood

2.0 WK 34

Foreign Matter

CCCL WK 35

All American Hero

2.0 WK 35

Street Fighter

Secret Santa WK 36

Curve Appeal

CCCL WK 37

Taming The Beast

2.0 WK 37

License To Thrill

2.0 WK 38

Perfect Line

Last edited:
Quality photos - BMW,toyota,gtr and lambo - so real - hard to say they are from GT. Great gallery

Very realistic set man, the yellow Fairlady is beautiful and all those reflections are the cherry in the top of the cake. Great job 👍

Quality photos - BMW,toyota,gtr and lambo - so real - hard to say they are from GT. Great gallery

Thanks diobel. :) That's exactly what I hope to achieve, that they look beyond the game. Ideally I'd love the game to look like these, maybe one day. ;) 👍

All of these entries are so beautiful, simply stunning shots, George. 👍

Cheers Nicolas, always great to have a fine comment from you. :) :cheers:

"Out of Control" and "Flying Lotus" ... stunning! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks mate, those 2 certainly helped me win the 2.0 tournament at the time. Glad you like them. 👍

Very realistic set man, the yellow Fairlady is beautiful and all those reflections are the cherry in the top of the cake. Great job 👍

Cheers man, realism is the goal most of the time for me, nice to know you think they are very realistic. :) :cheers:

Just a quick note, I'm pretty certain I'll have my new CRF set done in the next 24hrs.

Ughhh, seeing all these pro galleries frustrate me! :lol: How on earth do you do this?????? Its all perfect. All of you pros do perfect work. But the part that frustrates me is not knowing how to do it myself! :irked: :D HOW DO IT!!!

Ughhh, seeing all these pro galleries frustrate me! :lol: How on earth do you do this?????? Its all perfect. All of you pros do perfect work. But the part that frustrates me is not knowing how to do it myself! :irked: :D HOW DO IT!!!

:D Thanks man. Well what do you want to know about how we do it. I mean as far as I go, it's all about using your judgement and playing around with tools in photoshop.

Questions I have when looking at an unedited shot are often, does this image need more contrast of darker areas. What kind of colours do I want warm or cold, light or dark. I play with layer overlays too depending what I think might work. But really most of it is tweaking colour/light & shade.

Using tools like colour balance, or selective colours or tints and saturation.

Last edited:
Really, really love that SV shot... the color and composition are just perfect! 👍

In fact, all your comp entries (and every other photo in this gallery) are epic! :bowdown: The editing and composition are simply exceptional... I'm surprised you don't win every week :lol:

I can't wait to see more!!

Last edited:
Very well done. Brilliant shots, George :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks mate, I apprecaite the kind words. :cheers:

Really, really love that SV shot... the color and composition are just perfect! 👍

In fact, all your comp entries (and every other photo in this gallery) are epic! :bowdown: The editing and composition are simply exceptional... I'm surprised you don't win every week :lol:

I can't wait to see more!!

Thanks very much Yui-san. :D More wins would be pretty awesome, but there are many great editors here and sometimes they might have executed a better idea than mine. Of course there's always the factor of personal taste too. Sometimes I'm just plain out done. ;) Still, I love to compete. 👍

I greatly appreciate your comments. :cheers:

Excellent collection of shots GPR. Really like the way you compose your shots, and the lighting and mood is just perfect.

Well as stated earlier my new CRF set is ready today. For those that my not be familiar with my cutting room floor sets they are mainly shots left over/unused from competition shoots or sometimes extras from a set. Shots I still liked but didn't use as final entries most of the time.

Hope you guys enjoy them.

Cutting Room Floor Set 2

Great gallery you have here @GPR.

This photo stands out the most to me, looks more like a picture that BMW would use for a advert.
14441599364_c35a4bb827_z.jpg

Thanks for visiting my gallery.

GPR
Well as stated earlier my new CRF set is ready today. For those that my not be familiar with my cutting room floor sets they are mainly shots left over/unused from competition shoots or sometimes extras from a set. Shots I still liked but didn't use as final entries most of the time.

Hope you guys enjoy them.

Cutting Room Floor Set 2

Quality gallery on high level. Every single photo is amazing. Like it a lot.

Excellent sets once more. I like your use of dark undertones even in bright situation shots, it really sets them apart from just being a bright shot.

That 5th Aston close-up shot... :drool:

Cheers Yui-San, I feel like I haven't done much of the close up modern or abstract shots in GT6. But I do like that stuff too. Seems like this one has gone down well, so I should def try and do more. :) 👍

Great gallery you have here @GPR.

This photo stands out the most to me, looks more like a picture that BMW would use for a advert.
14441599364_c35a4bb827_z.jpg

Thanks for visiting my gallery.

Thanks man, yeah I was pretty happy with how that one came out. 👍

Really like the 2nd from your Cutting Room Floor set. The sun behind the car is awesome!:drool:

Cheers, surprisingly the sun flare looked nice and smooth and round when I took that shot. Most of the time the in game flares of gt6 come out quite blocky and bad looking. Thanks for the comment and visit. 👍

Quality gallery on high level. Every single photo is amazing. Like it a lot.

Thanks diobel. :D 👍

Excellent sets once more. I like your use of dark undertones even in bright situation shots, it really sets them apart from just being a bright shot.

Cheers mate, personally I think a darker tone of shadows in a lot of cases creates a more realisitc look. ;) 👍

Cheers Guys. :cheers:

Ouch, a lot of new things since my last visit.

I really need to improve my english and find some new vocabulary to give you my feelings on your pics because it could be boring to repeat awesome, splendid, unreal all the time ;)

"Out of control" is excellent and it may habe hard to choose and reject the other one. The first is more artistic with an awesome composition using the pan 1 and the rejected one is ultra realistic !

Love the mood of "Timeless" and "Foreign matter", "Flying Lotus" looks simply real, "Morning wood" si beautiful with an incredible sense of speed (great choice of angle 👍) "All american hero" is "simply" beautiful. "Street Fighter" is really impressive : great composition, realistic rendering, and the personal license plate is very well made ! 3Curb appeal" and "Taming the beast" look also very realistic 👍 "License to kill" is another great use of the pan mode 1 (and a perfect composition). And "perfect line" has a beautiful and original toning.

The two Nascar shot look very realistic with a beautiful work on light maybe even more on the first shot where it's more subtle with these beautiful warm reflections on the car.

And the last shot of your CRF is just awesome, I'm not sure but I suppose you have prefered "Foreign matter", once more it must have been hrd to choose...

Awesome!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

15151159982_9832dc0824_z.jpg

Thanks man. :cheers:

Ouch, a lot of new things since my last visit.

I really need to improve my english and find some new vocabulary to give you my feelings on your pics because it could be boring to repeat awesome, splendid, unreal all the time ;)

"Out of control" is excellent and it may habe hard to choose and reject the other one. The first is more artistic with an awesome composition using the pan 1 and the rejected one is ultra realistic !

Love the mood of "Timeless" and "Foreign matter", "Flying Lotus" looks simply real, "Morning wood" si beautiful with an incredible sense of speed (great choice of angle 👍) "All american hero" is "simply" beautiful. "Street Fighter" is really impressive : great composition, realistic rendering, and the personal license plate is very well made ! 3Curb appeal" and "Taming the beast" look also very realistic 👍 "License to kill" is another great use of the pan mode 1 (and a perfect composition). And "perfect line" has a beautiful and original toning.

The two Nascar shot look very realistic with a beautiful work on light maybe even more on the first shot where it's more subtle with these beautiful warm reflections on the car.

And the last shot of your CRF is just awesome, I'm not sure but I suppose you have prefered "Foreign matter", once more it must have been hrd to choose...

:lol: Well I think your English is more than fine mate. ;) And besides who doesn't like hearing words like 'awesome, splendid & unreal' all the time anyway. :sly: I sure don't. 👍

You are completely right also with regards to 'Out of control' it was very hard to choose one of those two shots. I did like both pretty equally.

Same goes for the DP 100 shots yes the CRF one was my second choice for entry. ;)

Your detailed comments are always very much appreciated my friend. I know how time consuming it can be to leave longer comments on peoples gallerys. Thank you once again and I hope I can keep impressing and inspiring. 👍

:cheers:

Your photos are epic, that's what I've always thought! :drool: You've managed to capture different emotions in your pics which is really masterful! :bowdown: I can't really pic a fave, they've all got something unique about them!

Your photos are epic, that's what I've always thought! :drool: You've managed to capture different emotions in your pics which is really masterful! :bowdown: I can't really pic a fave, they've all got something unique about them!

Cheers Ciro, can't ask for nicer comment than that. :D :cheers:

Time for a competition entry update. I'll have a another CRF set coming soon maybe in the next fews days. ;)

CCCL WK 39

Insomniacs Playground

14977774120_7148c1d1dd_z.jpg

2.0 WK 39

Autumnal Harmony

2.0 WK 41

El monstruo de la Sierra

Love your latest works (as usual). The Nascar shots are superb, the MP4 at Goodwood looks awesome, love the lighting. The One-77 looks amazing, love the lines and toning. Really like the sense of action in the R8 photo and the calm mood in the DP-100 shot.

From the last 3 photos, #1 is great, the panning mode suits very well. #2, the toning and composition is very good. #3, everything is just right, composition, toning and lighting is perfect. 👍

Back