GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
I'll start with previous update. Competition entries are awesome especially "The Devil Inside". I love this picture so much ! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Impreza set is great too. Nice realistic tones and angles. Last shot is the most favorite, because it looks like a real picture. :crazy:
Amazing work, George ! ๐Ÿ‘

A very solid set George. ๐Ÿ‘ I like the nice vibrant warm tones you used in this set matched with a good degree of contrast makes these images 'pop' and the Cusco Impreza always makes a good subject. Nice work. :)

Cheers Nathan, glad you like them. I was going for that hot track/race day look and i think it turned out pretty well. Thanks for the comment. :) ๐Ÿ‘

Good ones you submitted buddy - digging the sweep of motion of the Cusco Impreza, and the ruddy toning merged with contrast of shadows looks fetching. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks very much sneakyboy. :) I was hoping the toning would make them look quite realistic, happy you approve. ;) ๐Ÿ‘

I'll start with previous update. Competition entries are awesome especially "The Devil Inside". I love this picture so much ! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Impreza set is great too. Nice realistic tones and angles. Last shot is the most favorite, because it looks like a real picture. :crazy:
Amazing work, George ! ๐Ÿ‘

Cheers Ilya, good to see you back. ๐Ÿ‘ And of course always a pleasure to read you like my recent works. Yes "The Devil Inside" has done very well and I couldn't be happier with it. Also great to hear you think the Cusco Impreza set has realistic tones and angles because that exactly what I was trying to achieve. ๐Ÿ‘ :D I apprecaite the great comment. :) ๐Ÿ‘

Fantastic shots, George. All of them have a great composition, outstanding lighting and amazing contrast to them. But still, two shots stood out to me...

Pictures #1 and #2 look quite simplistic at first glance, but it's all the detail they pack that made me pick them as my personal favourites. I love the desaturated background colours, the depth of field and subtle camera rotation in both of them. It's fascinating how much improvement these little things can give and I'm really glad that you're always trying (successfully, I must add!) to pinpoint certain aspects of an image that help to make it stand out from the rest.

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Well, that's the impression that I'm getting, at least... :P

I'm really loving this set! The first two capture the atmosphere of night driving and the next two capture vehicular beauty. ๐Ÿ‘

The Cusco Impreza feels like it has a little too much grain. But still, maybe that's just me. They still look brilliant though, and that's what is important. :) A very nice set also.

No no no, argh George, I'm still trying not becoming some kind of hysterical groupie haha. You're mastering the panning mode 1 like a master. This Suzuka update and its warm elegant and efficient toning, heavy contrast is brilliant, may I should try this Cusco Subaru, your PMC2.0 WK147 Vette shot is magnificent :cheers:

Very nice work, all of them are very good-looking! :)๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Ciro. :) ๐Ÿ‘

Fantastic shots, George. All of them have a great composition, outstanding lighting and amazing contrast to them. But still, two shots stood out to me...

Pictures #1 and #2 look quite simplistic at first glance, but it's all the detail they pack that made me pick them as my personal favourites. I love the desaturated background colours, the depth of field and subtle camera rotation in both of them. It's fascinating how much improvement these little things can give and I'm really glad that you're always trying (successfully, I must add!) to pinpoint certain aspects of an image that help to make it stand out from the rest.

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Well, that's the impression that I'm getting, at least... :P

Thanks very much Nenad, great to hear they are all good. As you say with the first 2 and well with all that I try and do, it is quite often about the little/subtle things that can make a difference.

I do try to bring the best out of individual shots and I suppose those two just leant themselves to a slightly different treatment. Especially the first one. Very happy you appreciate and detail things like this in your comments, it shows you have a very keen eye and I respect that. ๐Ÿ‘ :cheers:

I'm really loving this set! The first two capture the atmosphere of night driving and the next two capture vehicular beauty. ๐Ÿ‘

The Cusco Impreza feels like it has a little too much grain. But still, maybe that's just me. They still look brilliant though, and that's what is important. :) A very nice set also.

Cheers Skython, good to see you back, yes I was pretty happy with my entries. Glad you like them. :) ๐Ÿ‘ And also good to hear you like the Cusco set. Yeah there is a fair bit of noise I guess. Was fully intentional to try and enhance the textural qualities of the images. Sometimes I'm unsure if the levels I add are too much or just right. I guess less is more for you. ;) Anyway thanks for the comment. :cheers:

No no no, argh George, I'm still trying not becoming some kind of hysterical groupie haha. You're mastering the panning mode 1 like a master. This Suzuka update and its warm elegant and efficient toning, heavy contrast is brilliant, may I should try this Cusco Subaru, your PMC2.0 WK147 Vette shot is magnificent :cheers:

:lol: Well that is quite a compliment I must say. ;) I do enjoy using panning mode 1 sometimes and well it's good to know the results are pleasing. ๐Ÿ‘

Very glad you like the set on the whole. And yes you should definitely try the shooting the Cusco Subaru, it's pretty awesome to drive and shoots well from all angles. :)

Cheers for the great comment mate. :cheers:

Got another slightly smaller CRF set, and suprisingly it comes not longer after my last. (Weird for me.) Just some extras from my GTR set and 2.0 comps. Anyway hope you guys enjoy it.

Cutting Room Floor Set 9

I was waiting for the Cusco "cutting room floor" set. No doubt it would be a great one. And it is ! As usual with you, the work on toning is superb, especially in the first two shots. The choice of angles and the composition give the whole set a very good sense of action. I also like a lot the rendering of the road in shots #5 & #6. And the panning mode 1 shot (the last) is excellent ! (and my own cutting room floor of the same car is comming soon, seems we work at the same speed, more turtle than hare :lol:).
Love also the tonning of the two "cutted" GTR shots. The composition of the first remind me the red devil one in a colder way. And nice light use of lens flares in the second one.
I loved your b&w entry, this SLS one is just also beautiful mate !
And the one below (I always forget the name of this car...) is just wow ! The composition and toning are just perfect. That's the kind of shot I would like to be able to do !
The lucerne scenery shot is also superb, looks like a real photo and I love its quiet mood. And the last one is different but not less good, the composition is, again, awesome.
Great work George, no need more often updates if you still offer us so high quality shots :cheers: It's hard to wait but always a real pleasure to see your work.

This last set is amazing, GPR. But, this set... :drool::bowdown:

Thanks very much Hector, yes those shots seem to really hit the spot. Glad you like them. :D ๐Ÿ‘

congratulation mate. you have made 2 great sets in row. all the photos is very nice :D

Cheers geatle, happy you think all of them are nice. ๐Ÿ‘

I was waiting for the Cusco "cutting room floor" set. No doubt it would be a great one. And it is ! As usual with you, the work on toning is superb, especially in the first two shots. The choice of angles and the composition give the whole set a very good sense of action. I also like a lot the rendering of the road in shots #5 & #6. And the panning mode 1 shot (the last) is excellent ! (and my own cutting room floor of the same car is comming soon, seems we work at the same speed, more turtle than hare :lol:).
Love also the tonning of the two "cutted" GTR shots. The composition of the first remind me the red devil one in a colder way. And nice light use of lens flares in the second one.
I loved your b&w entry, this SLS one is just also beautiful mate !
And the one below (I always forget the name of this car...) is just wow ! The composition and toning are just perfect. That's the kind of shot I would like to be able to do !
The lucerne scenery shot is also superb, looks like a real photo and I love its quiet mood. And the last one is different but not less good, the composition is, again, awesome.
Great work George, no need more often updates if you still offer us so high quality shots :cheers: It's hard to wait but always a real pleasure to see your work.

Merci beaucoup Jeremy, always a pleasure to read your comments and the effort you put into detailing all the elements and shots you like is greatly appreciated. Yeah it did take me a while to get around to editing the Cusco shots but I finally got there. I agree more turtle than hare, but the turtle produces better work. :P ;)

I look forward to seeing your Cusco set soon. Should be great also. :)

I'm happy you like the others also, the SLS although silimar to my entry piece was editided a bit more softly in stlye to get a bit of a old look, same for the Lucerne shot. The RB hanger one was just something different I thought looked nice(took a bit of cleanup though). And the car you forget is the Mustang Trans Cammer. ;) I've only been able to create two images in that extact style, I like it also. Just as a hint it was shot on SSRX. ;)

Cheers mate. :cheers:

Thanks Jamie. I don't often do scenery shots but this one turned out well. :)

Just a quick and small update with my most recent comp entries. Sadly I don't have a 3.0 police car edit. I did do a shoot for that comp but had little to no time to edit something up. :(

Anyway, still pretty happy with these...

PMC 2.0 Wk 149

Quantum of Solace

SSC Wk 124

MP4-12C Panorama

CCCL Wk 136

Night Stalker

PMC 2.0 Wk 150

Amber Glow

GPR
Well glad you like the others. What don't you like about the chase shot? Too Dark?

:) well it's a bit too dark but doesn't matter.
this which i don't like it is the angle of the shot - the composition - the place

For my part I like a lot this "Quantum of Solace" pic. The speed effect is perfect and the darkness and the rough appearance ot the wall and the road give the pic a very strong atmosphere. And I also love the play between shadows and light, with these soft light areas on the back and the front of the scenery and the darkness between. I like this kind of composition and it add some movement to the pic in this case.

The panorama is also very good, great use of the b&w, good composition, realistic rendering but maybe a little bit too much "academic" :)

Your CCCL work is excellent, the motion effects edit is really well done both on the speed effect on the scenery and the radial blur use for the wheel ๐Ÿ‘

And I'm definitly a big fan of the last, so typical of your style. The composition is perfect and the tonning is beautiful !

Great work as usual George.

And thx for the tip about the transcammer shot on SSRX. I will try something of this kind one day :)

Sorry I've been absent lately George - kind of busy with organising the tournament.
Every image here is a masterpiece. I absolutely love the Lucerne bridge and the RedBull plane shots! :drool:
Once again your competition entries are all magnificent - love them all. :)

For my part I like a lot this "Quantum of Solace" pic. The speed effect is perfect and the darkness and the rough appearance ot the wall and the road give the pic a very strong atmosphere. And I also love the play between shadows and light, with these soft light areas on the back and the front of the scenery and the darkness between. I like this kind of composition and it add some movement to the pic in this case.

The panorama is also very good, great use of the b&w, good composition, realistic rendering but maybe a little bit too much "academic" :)

Your CCCL work is excellent, the motion effects edit is really well done both on the speed effect on the scenery and the radial blur use for the wheel ๐Ÿ‘

And I'm definitly a big fan of the last, so typical of your style. The composition is perfect and the tonning is beautiful !

Great work as usual George.

And thx for the tip about the transcammer shot on SSRX. I will try something of this kind one day :)

Thanks mate, I appreciate the all the comments. Glad you liked the chase shot, you pretty summed up the elements of it I thought were good, so thats nice to hear. ๐Ÿ‘

And for the others also, happy you like them. :) :cheers:

Ohh, I see movement in Kyoto! Great job GPR, it really stands out.

Thanks Metalsun, I know that's right up your alley. ;) Glad you approve. ๐Ÿ‘

My favourite has to be the last shot.

Cheers Jamie, I like this style myself quite a bit. I get the feeling it's not to everyones taste as I didn't fair to well in the poll. :( Thanks for the comment. ๐Ÿ‘

Sorry I've been absent lately George - kind of busy with organising the tournament.
Every image here is a masterpiece. I absolutely love the Lucerne bridge and the RedBull plane shots! :drool:
Once again your competition entries are all magnificent - love them all. :)

No worries mate, totally understandable see how busy your schedule is around here. I appreciate you taking the time to look in and comment. ๐Ÿ‘
The Lucerne bridge and the RedBull plane shots were certainly a nice change to mix things up. I don't often do shots like this but I should try and do more as they turned out well. Glad you like them. ๐Ÿ‘

Each shot is A-MAZING!:drool:

My personal favourites from this update, will have to be 'Nightstalker' (for the sense of motion in the shot) and 'Amber Glow' (for the beautiful sunset atmosphere). The lighting and tones are topnotch as usual.

Awesome work mate!๐Ÿ‘

Love every single photo entries! This is why I love being on the sideline and watch dem pics do teh talking. :drool:

just sumptuous

Thanks very much krysalis. :D ๐Ÿ‘

Each shot is A-MAZING!:drool:

My personal favourites from this update, will have to be 'Nightstalker' (for the sense of motion in the shot) and 'Amber Glow' (for the beautiful sunset atmosphere). The lighting and tones are topnotch as usual.

Awesome work mate!๐Ÿ‘

Cheers mate, they're probably my favs of the bunch too. Got close to win with Night Stalker but not quite enough. Gald you like them all though. ๐Ÿ‘ :)

On flickr you already know which do I like, great job on those entries! :drool:

Cheers for the comment Ciro, yep I noticed which you fav'd on Flickr. I appreciate it. ๐Ÿ‘ :)

Love every single photo entries! This is why I love being on the sideline and watch dem pics do teh talking. :drool:

Thanks ZEROX ๐Ÿ‘, that's understandable I often marvel a what others are able to produce. Good to get involved too though. ;)

Thanks very much for the awesome comments guys. :cheers: Really looking forward to seeing what I can do with GT6, it's getting closer. :D

Great pictures on this page ! It's hard to pick a favorite picture, I really like them all ! :drool:
Amazing work, George !

I stop by here quite often to take in the sights but I never get around to posting much. All of your work, as always exudes quality. Looking at the last two shots from your Cutting Room floor set 9 and the Quantum of Solace shot, I wonder why I didn't think of that. Love the way you've pulled those off the way you have.

But what really compelled me to get here was your Veyron entry in the current 2.0 . Love the sense of motion, the atmosphere and that toning. The cleanup is top notch, and is in no way distinguishable from a Premium. Great stuff George :cheers:

The two latest updates you've pushed out while I was away, George, are mind-blowing. Everything looks so smooth and thought-out... I especially like the flawless colour transitions and the lighting in pictures #3 and #4 from your latest set. The toning is spot on across the board and the individual compositions are as appealing as ever. ๐Ÿ‘

Back