GP's GT5 Gallery [787B at night - March 29th]

• Thread starter Grand Prix
  • 839 comments
Shot 3 is interesting, I like the way the scenery conceals some of the car and the flowers blurred in front are nice.

Also shot 5 is quite nice, the wheels came up really well on that one.

I have to agree, the 3rd shot is special. It's as if the Miura is not aware you are taking a picture, Same thing with 5th. Would be a nice concept to explore.

Cheers guys. 👍 Telephoto focal lengths can certainly offer a different perspective. Will definitely have to experiment with long-angle lenses more.

Wild Child Part III - The Finale

Lime_Miura_2.jpg

Lime_Miura_3.jpg

Lime_Miura_5.jpg

Lime_Miura_4.jpg

Lime_Miura_1.jpg

Lime_Miura_Abstract_resized.jpg

The first one is pretty cool, very minimalistic. The third one reminds me of top gear and the forth one is pretty awesome as well. The angle you gave it really kicked it up a notch. The last one i was like, cool colors, wait a minute, what's going on. I think it's a pretty cool effect and idea. I think there is more you could explore there. like if the middle part and the bottom part had a smooth transition (done with alpha channel and gradients). maybe even crop the blue part out and make it an ultra panavision 70 widescreen shot, it might yield some interesting results.

Last edited:
:bowdown:!

Fantastic Pictures Rob!! 👍

I just love how you captured the suspension work in those action shots too!

I'm thinking the last one needs more work too. When I was first framing it I tried some different filters, and liked all of them. So I thought it would be interesting to have all three shots I liked, dividing a single shot into thirds. Liking your cinematic aspect ratio idea though. 👍 :D

Thanks for the feedback on the others as well. 👍

Edit: Thank you too Dion. Cheers mate. :cheers:

Great pictures 👍

I especially like the one with the car.

The one with the car. A little vague, but thanks anyways. :lol: 👍

Hmm, vague. I like that word. Vague. Vagueness. Perhaps an idea for a photo theme. Or am I being too vague?

Nah. :lol:

I love pretty much all of these! I also love the air-cooled VWs, the n00bs that hate on them for being Premium really don't know what they're missing. Loving the iridescent paintjobs on them as well! Have to say that in yellow, the Schwimm could almost pass for a single-seater 1930s racer...

Those Miura shots are simply stunning, the second set, at Eiger are gorgeous - were you channelling the opening credits of the Italian Job at all?

I love the second shot.

Thanks TVR! 👍

I love pretty much all of these! I also love the air-cooled VWs, the n00bs that hate on them for being Premium really don't know what they're missing. Loving the iridescent paintjobs on them as well! Have to say that in yellow, the Schwimm could almost pass for a single-seater 1930s racer...

Those Miura shots are simply stunning, the second set, at Eiger are gorgeous - were you channelling the opening credits of the Italian Job at all?

Glad you liked the obscure and wild paintjobs. :D

Yeah I was watching the Italian Job intro before making the Eiger set. For the last shot of that set I tried reproducing the onboard shots of it. Didn't turn out as well as I'd like (probably needs a better background), but threw it in there anyway.

This is fantastic. Captures how the factory press shots would have looked like perfectly.

Never thought of that. It kinda does doesn't it? Thanks for the comment dude! 👍 :D

The one with the car. A little vague, but thanks anyways. :lol: 👍

Hmm, vague. I like that word. Vague. Vagueness. Perhaps an idea for a photo theme. Or am I being too vague?

Nah. :lol:

I don't quite understand what you mean :confused:, I think you need to be more specific :dunce:

That last picture...I feel kinda.. sad.. is that supposed to happen?

What do you mean? Is it supposed to make you feel sad, or is it supposed to be the way it is? It was kinda inspired by GT3's psychedelic replay mode. Was in a weird mood when making it I'll admit, :lol:

no, is it supposed to make me feel sad. It's kinda like a memory of a tragic accident or something. It's actually cooler the more I look at it.

I think you can do whatever with color and it will still look nice, as long as the balance is there, and the composition. I think the experimental picture is missing something kinda.. a punch. I think wouldve even been better if you played with the green and the purple in there a bit more. But since it's an experiment, rules really shouldn't apply. It's good as long as you do it and present it.

p.s. the first mustang pictures are cool, like they are superheros flying to someones rescue. Like power rangers turbo ninja force or something or other.

no, is it supposed to make me feel sad. It's kinda like a memory of a tragic accident or something. It's actually cooler the more I look at it.

I think you can do whatever with color and it will still look nice, as long as the balance is there, and the composition. I think the experimental picture is missing something kinda.. a punch. I think wouldve even been better if you played with the green and the purple in there a bit more. But since it's an experiment, rules really shouldn't apply. It's good as long as you do it and present it.

p.s. the first mustang pictures are cool, like they are superheros flying to someones rescue. Like power rangers turbo ninja force or something or other.

Ahhh, I get you now. Like a film flashback sequence. That could be something to look into also.

Thanks very much for the insightful comments/criticism. 👍 :cheers:

OMG... just was looking on the 1st and 2nd Mustang shots and decided that I really like the wheel and tyre color on the blue or grey mustang! Very interesting detail! ;)

Nice Mustang shots. Number 5 is the best for me, great angle you got there! The last photo is kinda weird to me, don't really like it.

I'm loving photo 6 of the Mustangs, brilliant angle!

That "last photo" is cool, it reminds of the moment in Back To The Future when the Delorean, well... goes back to the fututre... Vague! Like the actual moment it skips time...
Unique shot anyway you interpret it I guess

Cool work all up 👍

OMG... just was looking on the 1st and 2nd Mustang shots and decided that I really like the wheel and tyre color on the blue or grey mustang! Very interesting detail! ;)

I think that was painted "Liquid Blue", with the black rims with yellow lugs that were painted chrome. Mine is the black one, I'm thinking of painting it something crazier. :D :lol:

Nice Mustang shots. Number 5 is the best for me, great angle you got there! The last photo is kinda weird to me, don't really like it.

Thanks. 👍 TBH I don't like the last one very much anymore either. :lol: :lol:

I'm loving photo 6 of the Mustangs, brilliant angle!

That "last photo" is cool, it reminds of the moment in Back To The Future when the Delorean, well... goes back to the fututre... Vague! Like the actual moment it skips time...
Unique shot anyway you interpret it I guess

Cool work all up 👍

Thanks for the comment. 👍 That's an interesting interpretation as well, :lol:

Back