GPX/KLM info

What it does, at least for me is import a very small red line that you have to trace over with the track path maker.

Not only is it pointless but the GPX/KLM data file is often dwarfed by the forced start and finish straight that the app insists has to be 600 meters long.

There is no way, at least i've not found a way to enlarge the GPS file or resize the start/finish straight.

What it does, at least for me is import a very small red line that you have to trace over with the track path maker.

Not only is it pointless but the GPX/KLM data file is often dwarfed by the forced start and finish straight that the app insists has to be 600 meters long.

There is no way, at least i've not found a way to enlarge the GPS file or resize the start/finish straight.
So recreating a track is a wasted effort if it doesn't have a 600m straight but more importantly it's even worse since the gps data doesn't do anything but give a line to go over instead of actually using the GPX/KML data? Wow gold star PD. I had hope for accurately recreating tracks using the GPS but it looks like it's no better then using the image reference and tracing over that

Last edited:
It actually broke the app when I tried to pull in kml data. Not only did nothing happen at all but I also can no longer get reference images to work either.

I have VERY little patience for stuff like this after almost 2yrs of waiting and already having made the decision to mine on to PC as soon as I can get one built.

Google Maps reference > worthless GPS function

It actually broke the app when I tried to pull in kml data. Not only did nothing happen at all but I also can no longer get reference images to work either.

I have VERY little patience for stuff like this after almost 2yrs of waiting and already having made the decision to mine on to PC as soon as I can get one built.

Google Maps reference > worthless GPS function
I noticed that the GPX data loaded fine for me but the KML data froze the app.
Also when I moved the app to my tablets SD card nothing loaded so I had to move it back to the tablet then the image and GPX data loaded.

The app hates KML though.

Any idea if there is a way to force it to change elevation to match a gpx file? Maybe force tighter turns as well :)

Kml doesn't work. However you can convert to gpx. I built my hockenheim track using google earth, export to kml, then convert to gpx. It is very usefull as you have the real coordinates, length of track.

What kind of track do you do ? Place mark ? Path ? Or something else ?

EDIT 1
I was finally able to do it !! You need to create a Path on google earth (it also works on maps), then save it as a kml file and then you can convert it with this and then you can send it to your tablet and then you can import it !

Don't get your hopes up, in the end it is exactly as a jpg import, you have to draw your track over it... The only advantage is that the scale is right.

EDIT 2
It works perfectly well with kml file in maps, you just have to create a line (not a waypoint, not poly) => like this.

The 600m start line i just awful :( It is impossible to recreate all the small tracks I used to race on IRL... Turns are not reproductible anyway (the angle is to big...)

Last edited:
I'm running the editor on bluestacks and suddenly it's stop to import image file or kml. I'd try to reboot but nothing change. Any solution?

Any idea if there is a way to force it to change elevation to match a gpx file? Maybe force tighter turns as well :)

Importing a GPX file only gives you a 2D outline to follow, just like importing a JPEG. It does not 'create the track for you'.

The only advantage is that it will automatically be to scale, so you don't have to do the math yourself as you have to with a technical drawing.

AJ
Importing a GPX file only gives you a 2D outline to follow, just like importing a JPEG. It does not 'create the track for you'.

The only advantage is that it will automatically be to scale, so you don't have to do the math yourself as you have to with a technical drawing.
I figured that out about 15 minutes after I posted :lol: PD, Y u no elevation change?

The lack of elevation change on these tracks is horrible. I get not being able to define it ourselves but 90% of the areas we're given have very little "abrupt" change to it.

I'm thinking I may need to uninstall and reinstall the app today to fix the image issue I'm having now after the kml episode :-(

The lack of elevation change on these tracks is horrible. I get not being able to define it ourselves but 90% of the areas we're given have very little "abrupt" change to it.

I'm thinking I may need to uninstall and reinstall the app today to fix the image issue I'm having now after the kml episode :-(
Yes, I guess it would be very easy for them to implement it using GPX ir KLM data files :(
Only problem is our voice will never probably be heard :(

Yep, I tried overlaying the gpx/kml files and now I can't get the app to work. Even tried reinstalling, for some reason, I can't use any overlays. Strange.

i just find an image of the track, trace onto tracing paper and fix to the screen. I then build the track using that :)

Here is what I find ridiculous about the track path editor. The scale of it is just so wrong.
I just went on a 5 mile drive and recorded my GPS data. Now when I paste it into the app its the equivalent to about a 1 mile drive.

Look at the red line 5 miles long but look at the "300 meter" straight in comparison. Two year wait for this fiasco and one of the main advertised features that was a major factor in me buying the game.

Ah well, back to driveclub.

Oh, if anyone knows how to scale up the GPS data to the correct size please let me know. Thanks.

Screenshot_2015-10-02-17-01-24.png

I've been finding google maps screenshots to be a much more effective tool for this.

But I'm with you @leeislee PD needed to do something to get people interested again and this falls WAY short. The ONLY reason I'm continuing to mess with it is because I don't yet have my PC built to move on.

If these are the problems they were having with it they should've released it a year ago instead of waiting all this time.

I've just tried to trace over the GPS data to see what happens and the 5 miles course ended up being 6 miles in the game.
Also most of those long gentle bends I drove on in my car can't be recreated in the app due to the "corner too tight" warning even with the track width at its minimum.

It is easier just tracing an image and I think all of us can forget about trying to keep the scale accurate. It's probably better to just make your own tracks up and enjoy the scale it gives you.

Here is what I find ridiculous about the track path editor. The scale of it is just so wrong.
I just went on a 5 mile drive and recorded my GPS data. Now when I paste it into the app its the equivalent to about a 1 mile drive.View attachment 455506

Can you pinch/zoom the data once its overlayed? Yeah, that's no good. I tried the same, driving my neighborhood and tracking the route. I downloaded the GPX file and I get nothing. Oh well, I'm sure V 2.0 is around the corner.

I just went on a 5 mile drive and recorded my GPS data. Now when I paste it into the app its the equivalent to about a 1 mile drive.

Look at the red line 5 miles long but look at the "300 meter" straight in comparison. Two year wait for this fiasco and one of the main advertised features that was a major factor in me buying the game.

Oh, if anyone knows how to scale up the GPS data to the correct size please let me know. Thanks.

View attachment 455506

The straight 600 meters long. I guess the 300 meter figure is the track length, which seems to start after half the straight (presumeably where the grid begins?).

Can you pinch/zoom the data once its overlayed? Yeah, that's no good. I tried the same, driving my neighborhood and tracking the route. I downloaded the GPX file and I get nothing. Oh well, I'm sure V 2.0 is around the corner.
I can rotate the GPX date around but sadly i can't resize it. But the more i think of it, i think the GPX data is importing correctly but the app seems to be a bit out when it comes to scale.

The straight 600 meters long. I guess the 300 meter figure is the track length, which seems to start after half the straight (presumeably where the grid begins?).
Yep, i think you're right there.

Having imported some more GPS data i think the app is ok at scale, it's not 100% accurate but it struggles with any sort of tight turns and of course it can't do gradients.

Scale i can live with, i just hate the lack or slow, tight turns or even 90 degree turns like we found in the New York, Paris and Seattle tracks etc.

Ignore my last comments about scale being accurate. I've just imported the 2.1 miles long Anglesey Race track into the app and this is what happened....
Screenshot_2015-10-02-17-52-06.png

So as you can see, that forced straight is a hell of a lot longer than its 0.2 of a mile. I've no idea what's going on with the GPS stuff. It's a lottery.

What kind of track do you do ? Place mark ? Path ? Or something else ?

EDIT 1
I was finally able to do it !! You need to create a Path on google earth (it also works on maps), then save it as a kml file and then you can convert it with this and then you can send it to your tablet and then you can import it !

Don't get your hopes up, in the end it is exactly as a jpg import, you have to draw your track over it... The only advantage is that the scale is right.

EDIT 2
It works perfectly well with kml file in maps, you just have to create a line (not a waypoint, not poly) => like this.

The 600m start line i just awful :( It is impossible to recreate all the small tracks I used to race on IRL... Turns are not reproductible anyway (the angle is to big...)
I tried this way several times. When I go to convert my KML it gives me an error saying "The file could not be converted!"

Wow, so still having trouble over here using image or gpx/kml files. I had a couple error messages saying that I needed to use data with no more that 2048 pixels per edge, so perhaps there are some sizing issues that I'm just not understanding. Hoping someone will post a youtube walkthru on this stuff.....

View attachment 455506
Well, it is the right scale btw, down there you have a 1000m marked scale. By guess from your pic your path was roughly 8 km long which is around 5 miles, no problem with the scale. ;)

Back