GR.3 Nurburgring Final

billynotsilly
billynotsilly
Hi all, does anyone have any tips to get gold on the GR.3 Nurburgring Final which is mission 8 of stage 8 of the mission challenges?

I've tried with the M6, pitting at the end of lap 2 of 4 using hard tyres and didn't get the chocolates.
Also tried with the 911, also pitting at the end of lap 2 of 4, this time using medium tyres as it doesn't chew them up as much, but again, bupkis...

Both cars were specced up using mileage points.

Is there a better option or am I just not good enough?

I've gotten gold on all other mission challenges, but this finale is doing my head in.

Thanks in advance all!

I started with hards and going all out to win but I hated getting shunted off by the ai AND getting 20 second penalties for it. So I decided to just bronze it.
Put on soft tires.
Fuel Map #1
Pitted every lap, didn't need put fuel in till last pit then just enough for 1 lap.
Drove very carefully not even that fast but half way through 3rd lap noticed I was up in 5th or something.
Last 1/4 of 4th lap I saw the top 3. Took second on the long straight and was on the leader's rear bumper on final corner.
I didn't even try to win even then I just wanted to pass it and 'finish; the game. On the final straight I thought,,I could have just rammed him last corner and the gold was mine.
Except that would be cheating and it seemed so easy then I knew I would be back to beat it.
Good luck. Patience will win this race for you I'm sure!
The soft tires make it a much easier race too, they get half worn out is all...my first attempt I tried 2 laps OH-OH! Pitting/changing tires only is SO fast you no where near lose the time you gained using the softs in the previous lap especially as they help you get no penalties :D
My car was upgraded but not even tuned at all! Actually looking forward to my next attempt.
36:02 was my time for 2nd 1st took approx 36:00 so you only looking at sub 9 min laps to win.

Last edited:
I started with hards and going all out to win but I hated getting shunted off by the ai AND getting 20 second penalties for it. So I decided to just bronze it.
Put on soft tires.
Fuel Map #1
Pitted every lap, didn't need put fuel in till last pit then just enough for 1 lap.
Drove very carefully not even that fast but half way through 3rd lap noticed I was up in 5th or something.
Last 1/4 of 4th lap I saw the top 3. Took second on the long straight and was on the leader's rear bumper on final corner.
I didn't even try to win even then I just wanted to pass it and 'finish; the game. On the final straight I thought,,I could have just rammed him last corner and the gold was mine.
Except that would be cheating and it seemed so easy then I knew I would be back to beat it.
Good luck. Patience will win this race for you I'm sure!
The soft tires make it a much easier race too, they get half worn out is all...my first attempt I tried 2 laps OH-OH! Pitting/changing tires only is SO fast you no where near lose the time you gained using the softs in the previous lap especially as they help you get no penalties :D
My car was upgraded but not even tuned at all! Actually looking forward to my next attempt.
36:02 was my time for 2nd 1st took approx 36:00 so you only looking at sub 9 min laps to win.
Thanks mate. So was that with the M6? If so I might give it a crack with softs and pit every lap for tyres and no fuel and see how I go.

I hope they bring back seasonal events like previous GT games. I liked them so much and they were so regular.

Thanks again and I’ll post on how I went tomorrow.

Buy the Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3 2014. At 450,000 points it's a relative bargain and you can take gold in the GR.3 Nurburgring Final easily.

He's right I actually just used that car before coming back and seeing that post. Took gold VERY easily with 35:36. In fact it was so easy I lost concentration and got edged out trying to pass 2 cars at once on THREE occasions. Each one giving me a 5 second penalty as well as leaving me head first in a barrier I had to reverse out of. So that's like 1 minute thrown away there!

used the tune below which is in the tune page here

With the extra power I needed to put some fuel in on 3rd and 4th laps this time, caught 2nd and 3rd on the 2nd lap this time but like I said above bodged the pass by being greedy and had to wait another lap to get them again.
Good luck but you wont need it..its THAT easy!

I just got it done with 911 RSR. I adjusted my rebound so the soft tyres would get back on the ground quicker. New tyres each lap. Got into 1st on 2nd lap. Refuelled at end if lap 2. Had 2 spins on the 3rd and still won by 10secs. Good fun. Thanks to @billynotsilly for the strat. Now to knock off Blue Moon Bay...

Mazda Atenza GR. 3

Racing Hard tyres

Pit every lap to change tyres (I could because I was that much in the lead)

Then fuel up on lap 2, then you'll have enough fuel left to complete the race.

Used the RSR, started on softs, took the lead towards the end of lap 1, softs were pretty shagged middle of 2nd lap, so pitted end of lap 2, put RM on, exited pits still in the lead, won by well over a minute.

If you're struggling on this one you need to up your track knowledge... it's one of the easier ones if you know your way around the Nurb.

GT-R with tuned setup for the mixed (I was loosing 3 sec on the long straight hitting the limit), fuel level 1, I pit at the 3rd lap with medium. Won with 10+ sec on 2nd

I went with the FT-1, racing hards, fuel map 6 and didn‘t pit at all. Won with 20 seconds on 2nd and didn‘t have to push too hard.

Pretty much any gr.3 will work just make sure you max out the weight and power upgrades, run map 6 with hard tyres. You will not need to pit. Recommended cars RSR or Beetle.

My strategy was the following:

Car: 911 RSR
Tyres: Racing medium
Fuel Map: 1

Max the updates of the car and adjust the weight reduction to maximum.

By the end of lap 1 5th position can be achieved.
Pit at the end of second lap, the tyres should be worn out a bit. Change them to RM again and fuel up for 2 laps. When you exit from the pit you should be between 5-6th position, if you manage to get to 4th by the end of 3-rd lap you will become 1st as the first 3 cars will pit. After that just finish the race - I wasn't really familiar with the track and it took me about 3-4 hours to complete it (finished with 10 secs advantage), so if you are good at the track it will be even easier.

A couple people have posted about penalties for hitting cars. I have nailed a bunch of cars and haven't gotten any penalties.
Was this patched or something?

Yes, in 1.05 I believe. Couldn't tell you the reason, makes some of the challenges a bit trivial IMO.

He's right I actually just used that car before coming back and seeing that post. Took gold VERY easily with 35:36. In fact it was so easy I lost concentration and got edged out trying to pass 2 cars at once on THREE occasions. Each one giving me a 5 second penalty as well as leaving me head first in a barrier I had to reverse out of. So that's like 1 minute thrown away there!

used the tune below which is in the tune page here

With the extra power I needed to put some fuel in on 3rd and 4th laps this time, caught 2nd and 3rd on the 2nd lap this time but like I said above bodged the pass by being greedy and had to wait another lap to get them again.
Good luck but you wont need it..its THAT easy!

I used this guys exact tuning from the video for the FT-1
Racing hard
Fuel map 6

I also upgraded my car and dropped the weight to the lightest it can go.

I flew by everyone!!! I pitted on the last lap because I needed a tiny bit of gas, and changed my tires to soft for the final lap. And that didn't even put a dent in my lead.
Man this challenge was super easy!

This challenge was a pain, for some reason the tires were 25% less grippy in this challenge compared to the track in single player. I tried a few combinations even tried balancing assists to see if it helped

I managed it last night, with 1 major mistake I managed to get the AMG on the last straight of the last lap... in the Audi.

I pitted after lap 1 and ran to the end, it was very hard , this track is my Everest

Audi attempt starts at 35:00 approx

Racing Hard, fuel map 6, just cruising. Pitted for fresh tyres at the end of lap 3, which wasn't necessary but I was pretty far ahead so there was plenty of time.
I was 1 minute 13 secs ahead when I crossed the finish line, easy as pie.
*this was before patch 1.06

My strategy was the following:

Car: 911 RSR
Tyres: Racing medium
Fuel Map: 1

Max the updates of the car and adjust the weight reduction to maximum.

By the end of lap 1 5th position can be achieved.
Pit at the end of second lap, the tyres should be worn out a bit. Change them to RM again and fuel up for 2 laps. When you exit from the pit you should be between 5-6th position, if you manage to get to 4th by the end of 3-rd lap you will become 1st as the first 3 cars will pit. After that just finish the race - I wasn't really familiar with the track and it took me about 3-4 hours to complete it (finished with 10 secs advantage), so if you are good at the track it will be even easier.

Yep, did this but with Hards...
Was in front by about 6 seconds.. and 1/2 way round the last lap, I choked... ended up 4th.

Will do it again soon!
3 Golds left for perfection.

Edit: 2nd attempt was successful.

Last edited:
I used the WRX. Started on mediums, did a pit stop at the end of lap 2 for fresh mediums and enough fuel to finish the race.

Easy win.

I used the stock 911 on hards. Drive clean and smooth and you can get a 10s lead in 1st lap. Pit lap 2 for another set of hards.

After lap 1 you should be driving carefully as the track temperature drops and it seems to get very slippy.

Edit: Spec-ing up the car will only cause faster tyre wear and loss control

Anyone having issues with the GT Sport Gr.3 Nurburgring final.... here’s a walkthrough #GTSport @thegranturismo

Porsche 911, hard tyres, 1 stop, flat out, won by a country mile. Think I did spend some mileage points though to increase power and reduce weight.

I was gifted the FT-1 Vision car, so I used that. No upgades. I slapped hard tires on, put fuel conservation (fuel map) on six, and made no pit stops. Stay off the curbs, and move fuel conservation to zero (or is one the lowest?) for the back and front straights - to maximize speed in those parts. As soon as you top out speed, move it right back to six. Easy win.

Back