GR.3 Nurburgring Final

Hi all, does anyone have any tips to get gold on the GR.3 Nurburgring Final which is mission 8 of stage 8 of the mission challenges?

I've tried with the M6, pitting at the end of lap 2 of 4 using hard tyres and didn't get the chocolates.
Also tried with the 911, also pitting at the end of lap 2 of 4, this time using medium tyres as it doesn't chew them up as much, but again, bupkis...

Both cars were specced up using mileage points.

Is there a better option or am I just not good enough?

I've gotten gold on all other mission challenges, but this finale is doing my head in.

Thanks in advance all!

This will sound very stupid, but it worked for me. Use the VW beetle gr.3 race car. Spec it out to max weight reduction and max HP. I got in first with that car in lap 3 and kept that position until the end. Its the best Gr.3 car for that track imo

Hard racing tires, pitted in on lap 2 changed tires and refuled up. Only pit that 1 time

Used the R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15 and got gold
It wasn't my first try as I was trying out different strategies (and maybe rage quit because I crashed a few times).
The winning strategy was Hard tires for the first 3 laps on fuel mix 6 and then pit on the END of lap 3 and put on softs and refuled to about 1.2 laps. (0.2 was in case of mistakes.

If you are good at saving fuel or actually knows how to play this game without crashing every 2 mins, you could probably do a no stop on hard in fuel mix 6 as gorlt says above.

My race time was 35:37 and finished with a 27 or so second gap to 2nd place. I also made plenty of mistakes with around 4 or 5 big spins, so it was pretty easy to get gold.

I used the setup shown in the following video, and my car was maxed (highest HP and lowest weight)
https://ru-clip.com/video/pQ1tYgT6N...ms-gr3-allround-setup-bop-leistungslevel.html
The video is in German and I need to to convert & round some of the units, but it should be fine. The car is a little unstable after throttle liftoff, so just feather it and make sure you don't brake and turn, or else you will crash a lot like I did in previous tries.

In general, my upgrading and car is probably overkill for this challenge, but I'm not very good at this game. I tried out the FT-1 VGT Gr.3, but I didn't like the handling so I switched back, but I guess that's personal preference.

Also note that I am on controller.

I think I've done this using Racing Softs every single time. I just caught up to the other cars eventually. Such an easy win honestly. Maybe you should come back to it. I have done races I can't win before, and when I did them some time later, I found out how easy they were. Try your hardest and crush that mission challenge.

My tactic to gold this was 911 RSR full spec, max aero, hard tyres. Started with TCS 0 and fuel map 6 (except the straight when it went to 1), and on second lap had to turn TCS up. Crashed a couple due to changing grip and lack of patience/concentration.

Pitted half way and repeated the dose (including crashes...), was passing the leader by the end of final lap.

Still playing with a controller.

I was on hards, driving clean but quickly, and lead by half way through the second lap. Then the fuel warning came on, and I could not find anywhere to re-fuel. The entrance to the pits at the end of the main straight, where you go through a chicane really and on the right there is the entrance to the pits. Blocked off with concrete ... after that, another entrance just put me at the end of the pits without any fuel. I drove around but could find no fuel places ... its not all that much fun driving around at 80kmh looking for fuel ... it felt like the real thing, when you run out of gas on a country freeway, with a town close by, but your car's computer cheated on you ...

Where can you enter the pits ???

You probably found out by now but the pits are on the main Nurburging GP straight just as it is when they have the Formula 1.

Agree this race is damn easy now. Driving like a noob I was able to podium (3rd).

Just about any GT3 car on stock tune with no power upgrades on RH tyres should be able to do it.

I feel like its a bit of a strange race in that it feels like they slow down a bit on the final lap to help you catch up? Of course if you blitz the field in the 1st lap then do they engage rocket boost?

Granted I only played this twice (ie. one 3rd and then gold).

Did they nerf tbis challange or something? I’m using a stock 911 RSR, just starting lap 3, just exited the pits, I’ve had the lead since mid way through lap 2. I’m 1.7 seconds up on second place, but that’s only because I had a big off at Tear Garden before going into the pits. I took on enough fuel, and went with medium tires for fun, I plan on going to the end of the race. I really don’t foresee any problems holding off the AI for another two laps. We’ll see how it goes I guess.

Finished 26sec up on 2nd, including another major crash at tear garden at the end of lap 3. Overall time of 36:03.201. Have people on my friends list much faster as well.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I just finished with a 10 second lead. Used Toyota GR Supra Concept '18. Used RH tyres then pitted for refuel on final lap. Switched to racing soft tyres.

Just completed this today after several tries, more than five less than ten attempts I think. Almost always the bridesmaid since the second or third attempt which were Ring ignorant disasters.

Won with the 911 with a solid 40 second lead. Stock power and weight. Pitted at the end of lap two and used softs for both stints. Went off and rode the rails a few times because I got nervous and sloppy.

I think the win came down to two things. The first, to give myself some credit, is that I’m getting to know the track better and getting better at driving. The second is I updated the firmware on my Fanatec CSL for the first time ever yesterday and the steering now feels a lot more precise.

Btw, for those popping in about how easy it is and you got it first try. Good for you. I’m sure you’re not leaving out the details about being super familiar with the ring from previous games. You’re just super talented and the rest of us are not as good as you. Few things reveal personal insecurity as well grandstanding confidence with no humility.

I did it guys, in a mix of strategies discussed here. Maybe I am too heavy-footed so that's why I decided to change my strategy. Initially went with the all win strat by going Sports Hard tires and planning for no stops but at the end of the 3rd lap there was only .6 laps remaining in my tank so decided to have short stop, putting Sports Soft tires, adding fuel until 1.6 laps and then went flat out and won it by a big margin.

Thanks all for the tips here!

Back