GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
I had just realized the season's started while I had gone a little off on a break. Anyway, as of season 9 I'm already out of my race team, and also parting ways with the Subaru WRX, moving on to a new machine.

As for this season, I'd like to pick the Honda NSX Gr.3, looking forward to participate in a few races. Might probably run a few interesting liveries rather than creating a new one.

Chill bros. I have a lot of work to do. Trying to sort the entire CRC crew into divisions is kicking my ass.

Yah until you see the official post from one of us, the points havent been completed. You will see the changes in the workbook as we finish them but its not official until the post is up, which will come from PApunk more often than not.

Also in case you are wondering why some points will look "off", you must complete two races at least to be sorted into a division. Until you are sorted you are scored on overall finish position NOT division finish, as you technically do not have a division yet. That goes for ALL new drivers :cheers:

Chill bros. I have a lot of work to do. Trying to sort the entire CRC crew into divisions is kicking my ass.

All of ARLS tits right now.
E28BD9A3-C295-4499-A474-54D0B19006E6.gif

These are the preliminary results and scoring.

The names highlighted yellow are still under evaluation for division placement. Their scoring is based off of their overall finish and not division finish. Those of you whose names are highlighted in yellow, do not worry if you received a low score for this week, this league only counts your 9 highest scoring weeks.

Also, with the massive influx of new drivers we have decided to add a 3rd (bronze) division to help make for more exciting points battles.

Thanks for coming out to race and sorry for the delays.

Well I need to process the information but my initial reaction is negative, I don’t think I should receive 30 points for finishing 30th out of 31. I know this is caused by many drivers not being placed yet, but maybe their points can be recalculated and reapplied after they are placed? or maybe they can be provisionally given points based on these provisional division assignments? I don’t think so many should be docked so much because we had so many new drivers this season.
Also how does suddenly changing to 3 divisions affect the teams? Do teams now need to have 1 driver from each division?

Well I need to process the information but my initial reaction is negative, I don’t think I should receive 30 points for finishing 30th out of 31. I know this is caused by many drivers not being placed yet, but maybe their points can be recalculated and reapplied after they are placed? or maybe they can be provisionally given points based on these provisional division assignments? I don’t think so many should be docked so much because we had so many new drivers this season.
Also how does suddenly changing to 3 divisions affect the teams? Do teams now need to have 1 driver from each division?

It has always been the process for new drivers, to score them overall as opposed to giving them points in a division as they are not yet in a division, there is nothing untoward about it and I wouldnt feel badly :cheers::cheers:

Also no we are doing away with the "driver of each division" at least for this season as the realignment happened after the teams were made and finalized, it would be unfair to force everyone to change them now :cheers::cheers:

It has always been the process for new drivers, to score them overall as opposed to giving them points in a division as they are not yet in a division, there is nothing untoward about it and I wouldnt feel badly

But the norm is one or two new drivers at a time, not 1/3 of the league. Basically it is a new league now. I cannot do the math but I think I am unfairly gaining 6 or 8 points in chasing Smoke eater and 19 to 25 points on the new bronze guys just because I joined a season earlier. If I end up beating people in the season standings by that point difference it feels tainted.

I plan to beat them, all of the silvers, and most of the golds, but if the plan doesn’t work I don’t want to beat people because they were new week 1.

I had just realized the season's started while I had gone a little off on a break. Anyway, as of season 9 I'm already out of my race team, and also parting ways with the Subaru WRX, moving on to a new machine.

As for this season, I'd like to pick the Honda NSX Gr.3, looking forward to participate in a few races. Might probably run a few interesting liveries rather than creating a new one.

It is so cool that you and @GTP_Guido participate from those time zones! :cheers: :bowdown:

But the norm is one or two new drivers at a time, not 1/3 of the league. Basically it is a new league now. I cannot do the math but I think I am unfairly gaining 6 or 8 points in chasing Smoke eater and 19 to 25 points on the new bronze guys just because I joined a season earlier. If I end up beating people in the season standings by that point difference it feels tainted.

I plan to beat them, all of the silvers, and most of the golds, but if the plan doesn’t work I don’t want to beat people because they were new week 1.
oh are you declaring war against me lol

Last edited:

There are many reasons behind why we do it this way.

The main reason is to prevent one and done drivers from interfering with the championships of our ARL regulars.

Well, because its the holiday AND im home, i am planning a lil practice session (i can use as much practice as i can get staying on track (as triebs would know)(sorry again, i still feel ****ty i ruined your race))...so yea ill have a lobby up around 830-9 eastern for laps, and maybe a lil sprint if numbers allow...itll be a public room so if any of the new guys who havent friended me yet want to get in and practice they can as well

Well, because its the holiday AND im home, i am planning a lil practice session (i can use as much practice as i can get staying on track (as triebs would know)(sorry again, i still feel ****ty i ruined your race))...so yea ill have a lobby up around 830-9 eastern for laps, and maybe a lil sprint if numbers allow...itll be a public room so if any of the new guys who havent friended me yet want to get in and practice they can as well

I almost ruined Ninetytres’ race on lap 1 turn 1 trying to make sure I didn’t brake too early and kill everyone at the back. And I crowded Moby a bit on lap 2, which could have ended badly. At some point I will probably make the same mistake and wipe someone out. I hope not, but it will happen, maybe even this week in that corkscrew. So no worries.

It is so cool that you and @GTP_Guido participate from those time zones! :cheers: :bowdown:
Yes, I'm glad to be able to race and learn from the experts here (compared to the toxic online official races I've done), although I'm about 14-16 hours ahead in time which sometimes put me to wake up real early to eagerly race everyone.

Definitely less spinning on Gr.3 cars ever since I started my first race here at Sardegna many seasons back. Though I'm rusty as ever due to extended inactivity...

Please check your ballast for the upcoming race. Top 3 drivers of each division from the previous race each received ballast. Provisional drivers did not receive ballast. Ballast will be applied retroactively after permanent division placement.

CLICK HERE to access the workbook and select your psn id from the drop down menu to check your BoP settings for the upcoming race.

Please check your ballast for the upcoming race. Top 3 drivers of each division from the previous race each received ballast. Provisional drivers did not receive ballast. Ballast will be applied retroactively after permanent division placement.

CLICK HERE to access the workbook and select your psn id from the drop down menu to check your BoP settings for the upcoming race.

Doesn't work for me. Not sure why

Back