Gr. 4 is pointless in Sport Mode

Should Gr. 4 be discontinued from daily races?

• Yes - it is a dumbed-down Gr. 3 and serves no purpose

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • No - but it should feature less often than it does

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • No - Gr. 4 is as fun as any other group

Votes: 280 90.9%

• Total voters
Huh. I thought that the campaign for the removal of Gr.4 races would come during the Megane's reign of terror, when there would still be a modicum of believability about it, but the main reason is that it's a 'dumbed-down Gr.3'?

084.png

So you want to ban a low, entry grade racing class because...it's not as high grade as a mid-grade racing class. Okay.

Personally I love Gr.4, it's way more exciting diving into corners with the lower downforce keeping you on your toes. You really need to concentrate to pull off good lap times. It's perfect for getting into racing too since it requires a lot more skill and knowledge of track driving than the other classes since you can't really rely on the cars power or downforce to get away with pulling off risky moves.

There aren‘t that many Gr.1/LMP1 cars left to add. Some older cars like the Bentley Speed8 or Audi R8 would be cool but they won‘t stand a chance against the hybrids.

Would be sick if they added more exclusive LMP manufacturers like Lola or ByKolles though.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I respect yours. However I don't share tjat opinion and feel it's a bit strong to say that Gr.4 is pointless, and judging by the results of the poll most seem to agree :).

I personally really like Gr.4, as well as Gr.3 and Gr.1, and Gr.2 seems really promising as well. For me, variety is key, and for the same reason I'd love to see more choices of races in Sport Mode each day.

GT4 might be the slowest sports car class, yet those cars still are real sportscars. A lot faster than TCR cars for example, although those aren't slow either.

For me, personally: I pretty much never race Gr. 1 as I am using cockpit view only and you are at considerable disadvantage in that against the majority of people who don't and I also don't like those vision Gr. 1 cars at all (which are easier to race in cockpit view).

Just for your information, there is a mixed GT4/TCR race around the IMSA series and the racing is pretty good!

GR4 comes to life more in the longer races with tyre wear (apart from the issue with the M4's fuel) and private lobbies with tuning available.

The short races are just too much of a precession at times, I race them but rarely find them enjoyable...

The GTR really comes on song when tuning is available..

I prefer Gr4 to any of the others honestly. Slower cars that are easier to drive tends to give the best racing. It may be less exciting to drive by yourself, but when there's drivers of similar levels it makes for amazing racing.

Just a shame PD keep on allowing the M4 to be OP.

I prefer Gr4 to any of the others honestly. Slower cars that are easier to drive tends to give the best racing. It may be less exciting to drive by yourself, but when there's drivers of similar levels it makes for amazing racing.

Just a shame PD keep on allowing the M4 to be OP.

Is it still OP? They changed something to do with fuel in 1.15 but I don't think there has been a Gr4 endurance race to test

Is it still OP? They changed something to do with fuel in 1.15 but I don't think there has been a Gr4 endurance race to test
I've been away this last week and a bit, so honestly I don't know. I didn't see anything to do with changes to BOP on here or reddit, so I kinda assumed they'd wait until next week. But it turns out its 2% less power now. It'll definitely still be near the top, but OP, we'll wait and see!

I really like GR4, very competitive group, I prefer group 3 but only because my favourite car is in there and love every chance I get to race it. GR1 is great too, but as I use cockpit view only you pretty much have to guess where the apex is because visibility is so bad, so it’s probably my least favourite for that reason.

No Hell No i enjoy GR.4 more than any other class with GR.3 close second but i don't enjoy GR.1 cause most of the time is a case of avoiding those idiots with 919's
& if GR.4 is uselees what about GR.B or the N Classes ?

I love Gr. 4. Slower cars mean closet action and that's always fun.

Gr.2 racing I've done in lobbies tend to spread out quickly kind of like LMP1 races.

It can be fun if you're enjoying a close battle with at least one car and it stays close but as soon as it's gone then it's a lonely drive.

SuperGT has even more downforce than GT3 so like LMP1 or Formula cars it's tough to keep up and make overtaking maneuvers when 0.5-1.5 seconds back.

Back