Gr3 and Gr4 cars recommendation.

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by VelvetGlove, Jul 10, 2018.

1. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

Hi all.

I'm looking for cars recommendation in Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 class. I'm tired always driving same car in online sessions, so it would be quite useful to drive something else.

In Gr. 3 I'm fan of Ferrari 458 and BMW M6 - they have little bit faster steering, are descent in stability (BMW little bit more stable), and they are descent in speed (Ferrari little bit more faster), breaking is descent on both. Is there any car around this two? Don't care about speed/acceleration .. I care about driving feel. Thanks. :D

In Gr. 4 - I'm fan of Renault Sport stuff, and Toyota 86. Again - I love little bit faster steering on both. Both have descent breaking, descent stability. But Renault is faster then Toyota.

Again - I'm tired of always driving 86 and 458. Any similar cars? Again, don't care about speed/acceleration, I care about similar taste in driving, similar driving feel.

PS. if it matters; I'm more fan of slower cars, but really don't care .. It's not fun to drive fastest car available. That's why I avoid Renault in Gr. 4. I would love to avoid fastest cars in class.

Thanks.

PirovacBoy likes this.
  2. Woodybobs

Woodybobs

Tidgney and Alpha Cipher like this.
  3. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

Really really cool topic from Tidgney, but not much of a help for me. I would do that testing in .... another concept. Cool cool idea and concept of topic, but I would have a totally different approach on topic.

To make story short;
    This is .... nuclear rocket science for me. I would describe stuff very very simple, I'm a simple guy, this is written by complicated guy. xD

But really really cool concept. ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  4. Woodybobs

Woodybobs

Yeah, there's a lot of info going on there. Did you see the notes in the last column of the spreadsheet for each car? They describe some of the characteristics and handling traits.

Both Vipers are enjoyable to drive and relatively stable, as are the Corvettes.

Seeing as you like the Ferraris you might like some of the other MR cars. They can be a bit of a handful though. I haven't got much experience with them but I did a few laps in the Gr3 McLaren and Citroen earlier. I really liked the former, and really struggled to control the latter. The McLaren is twitchy but manageable, somewhat akin to the 458.

The other gr3's I'm familiar with are the Lexus, the Evo, and the RSR. They're all reasonably quick and very stable.

In gr4 I usually use an AWD car (or the aforementioned Viper). Based on your post I wouldn't recommend AWD or FF cars for you, but you won't know till you try them. They are incredibly easy to be consistent in. You might like the 4C as it's another MR car. It's slow on most tracks but perfectly suited to a couple because it's quick and nimble through the corners.

5. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

[​IMG]

DaigoD and Alpha Cipher like this.
  6. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

I did saw notes, but it didn't help 'couse I'm not very good in temrs of .. "racing language". xD

Anyway ... just to comment on Viper ... to me ... The worst car for Gr.3. Handling is just ... too good, and steering is way to slow. And that both in combo is really really strange feel of Viper which I personally don't like.

And I did saw video from Toyota FT-1, and I did saw notes from Ferrari 458 Gr.3. And to me, this 3 cars; BMW M6, 458 and FT-1 are super super super close in terms of feeling of driving. Again; all 3 have descent speed. Little bit faster steering speed, in terms of stability; BMW > Ferrari > Toyota ... but all 3 super super close ... In terms of breaking, all 3 have descent breaks, I would say Toyota has most problems with breaks. I would say M6 and 458 do slow down little bit faster. Again; FT-1, 458 and M6 are super super close in all there fields.

Viper is just ... super super annoying with handling + steering combo. Hard to describe, but really like is super stable + slow steering = not my type.

From Gr3 cars I've tried;

Viper - Awful. Just awful car. I've seen it has good top speed and acceleration. But handling + streering - it just feels strange - not my car. This car is just the worst thing I have ever driven. I just don't like cars like that. ;)

M6 - Super cool car. Little bit worse then 458 in terms of speed. I would say little bit more stable. Super super cool car.
    458 - Super amazing car. Favourite Gr.3 so far. Faster then M6 and FT-1. In terms of stability; In between M6 and FT-1
    FT-1 - One of cool cars also. I like it more then M6, but not as much as 458. Slowest of the 3. Most unstable of the 3. Very very similar feel in this 3 cars. Really really close in temrs of feel. ;)

GR Supra - could pass. Not as good as 458 "trio". It has descent stability. Slower steering speed then 458/M6/FT-1. Breaking/handling is descent. But the biggest issue - "slower steering speed". Is turns waaaay to slow.

And Gr4.

Toyota 86 - Super super fast steering which I adore. Brakes/handling descent. Speed is awful. But for some reason I just enjoy this car soo much.

Renault Sport - Pretty much like 86 - just a lot lot faster.

Subaru - Cool speed. Good handling / breaking. But again - Steering speed is way to slow for me. :/

PirovacBoy likes this.
  7. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

Anyway, I did found this site;
    https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/carlist.php?cartype=1

And it says for some cars;
    4.0 4.0 6.1
    4.0 4.0 5.5
    4.1 4.1 6.2

This is for M6, 458 and FT-1. They are very very similar, but the numbers aren't.

And comparation of GR Supra vs FT-1 which have similar numbers ...

4.0 4.0 6.1
    4.3 4.3 6.3

But to me GR Supra and FT-1 are very very different types of car. Both in handling/steering/speed.

FT-1 is like wild Mustang/Horse in the field.. and GR Supra is tiny tiny cute kid horse who wants to cuddle with humans. xD But their numbers are super super close. So I'm pretty much confused with this site. -.-

And according to site, if I dislike Viper soo much, then I would not want to drive Mustang and Corvette C7. xD

Or is this just my experience couse I drive with different camera? XD

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_tPz3id9ORc/maxresdefault.jpg

I drive on this camera + gamepad. Not cockpit view and steering wheel ....

Edit:

This gives me a confusion.

86 and Renault are both super stable and both do have faster steering. Way faster then Subaru in Gr4. And stats on site are:

3.8 3.9 6.2
    3.1 3.2 6.6
    3.1 3.1 5.9

Now:
    86 and Renault do have super fast steering. And Subaru steers way to slow.

But then this numbers don't make sense at all. -.-

Edit:

Steering speed = steering sensitivity - How much fast it turns.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  8. ___MIKE___

___MIKE___

For Gr3 I vote the RS01

9. toddstar77

toddstar77

just try them all out over a few races, time trials and you'll work out which is better for your style, me I like RWD, hate FWD, because I think my style and corner entry/exits work better with a RWD car.

ongias25 and Kalder like this.
  10. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

My personal favorite is the RC F for both Gr. 3 and 4. Maybe it won't cater tp your taste, but the "diva" characteristics of the cars make them a really fun drive :)

ongias25 and toddstar77 like this.
  11. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor Premium

The Renault cars are an abomination. Hate them. I go for Mitsubishi, Subaru and Lexus. And as for the Dodge, you got told Geologist.

John Crellin and Alpha Cipher like this.
  12. Spongeinside

Spongeinside

For gr.3 I’d recommend the Mazda Atenza, it’s a bit heavier and lacks some power, but can be very consistent over longer races. The Peugeot RCZ is average to good all round, but also it looks sexy :) and the VW Beetle it just a good all rounder aswell :)

As for gr.4 those three brands also, but I switch a lot.. depending on the track sometimes a fwd has an advantage, sometimes a rwd, and awd is usually a bit of both, but kinda average and tend to eat through tires a bit faster.. (at least that’s what usually happens to me).

zortation and Alpha Cipher like this.
  13. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

I would love to try all cars. But me and friend are playing, so no $$ for all cars. That's why I opened topic. xD We just bought FT-1 yesterday, and it was really really blind pick. Car turned out to be amazing. :D But yeah, no $$ for all cars. We passed singleplayer so .... we current have 1.3 M credits, what is around 3-4 cars. :D

14. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

I wish the game had some sort of testing before buying, that would solve issue. Not ... blind picking buying cars. :/

15. DC2_Evan

DC2_Evan

I find the group 4 cars to be fairly balanced and I can maintain a fairly consistent pace in all of them. I like the Cayman and the Corvette alot. Not a fan of the all wheel drive cars personally as I feel they understeer pretty badly. For group 3, I absolutely love the Corvette. Probably my most used car. I'm also a fan of the Lexus in group 3 as well.

16. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

I was hoping that someone would eliminate some cars based on my description. But ... not much of a help here. I was looking to try Lexus in Gr.3 next., maybe Atenza .... and in Gr.4 .. Lexus, maybe Hyundai ....

17. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Forget the Hyundai in Group 3, Understeers like crazy.

18. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

I think I will try Lexus in both, since I'm a fan of Lexus in Gr.2. If 3 and 4 are anything like it - it will be super super cool. Cooler then 458. Gr2 is too fast for me, but I like how Lexus feels in Gr.2. :D

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  19. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

I like the Group 3 lexus, Group 4 is a touch ... meh ..feels meh.

20. LordExia

LordExia

Try the RCZ Gr3....yeah yeah yeah ok, everyone will probably say it doesn't do well on the straights...while I hate to admit it, it is true. If you can live with that small/very minimal fact, I find it very stable and very consistent, plus it cuts through corners like nobody's business. I can't wait to see @Tidgney BOP test on this one. I really love that car and whenever I can, that's what I have been using it for every Gr3 Dailies that I take part in, just wished PD would give it maybe 2-3% bump in power and it would be awesome.

Can't recommend any Gr4 cause I don't race them all that much. I've tried the Citroen GT and the M4, they seemed ok...but that's about all I can say about that.

Alpha Cipher and Tidgney like this.
  21. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

PUG POWA, honestly though BoP tests will be finished end of next week as I'm off from this point, so it's 1 a day for me! That includes some retest of cars to :p! SLS tomorrow, and RCZ friday :D

Alpha Cipher and LordExia like this.
  22. John G

John G

From your description I wouldn't bother with corvette or Merc gt3 as they are both stable like the viper.

Id give a try to the alfa 4c, it's got very nice steering and good brakes but lacks acceleration, and the RSR also handles great but is quicker than the alfa.

Gr4 can't comment as I find them a bit boring. I like the Cayman and Aston but they are slow so I normally run 458 cos it sounds nice.

VelvetGlove likes this.
  23. LordExia

LordExia

Sweet!! I'm looking forward to it.

24. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

First usefull post here. Thanks. :D :)

25. Danny_GT2

Danny_GT2

I'm a fan of the Z4 GT3 and I usually use either that or the 991 RSR. Both have their good merits. Z4 is compact and nimble while the 991 has good overall pace. For Gr. 4, I usually find that the M4 is pretty consistent and I usually stick to that. Then again, I signed up to BMW for the manufacturers cup so I might be a tad biased....

Boedefeld likes this.
  26. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

My friend signed for BMW partnership .. he got blue M6 .... and we bought 458 for Ferrari cup in singleplayer. :D After that we bought Supra and FT-1 'couse they "look cool". XD

27. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

Any more advices like this one?

And my other question; how does 458 Ferrari Gr4 compares to Gr3 one? Anyone has both?

Do not count speed difference.

28. DC2_Evan

DC2_Evan

I feel like the Gr.4 is a little more stable than the Gr.3, but that may be because of a difference in power. Also, to be fair, I haven't driven either one that much. Probably less than 100 miles.

29. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Ferrari Gr. 4 is very stable, and has avery neutral handling. The Gr. 3 though is very slippery and has a really bad case of exit oversteer

30. VelvetGlove

VelvetGlove

Good news; we have FT-1, BMW and 458 in Gr3. :D And I absolutely love them. I drove all races with FT-1 today,.... super super amazing car. :D I think one more in Gr4 would also solve the problem, so I don't drive 86 all the time. I'm thinking about Lexus.

Alpha Cipher likes this.