Gran tour, special event

  • Thread starter Thread starter nemosan
  • 39 comments
  • 4,299 views
Photo locations are dumb rewards...

Considering how hard some stages are, it's pretty weak incentive if you ask me :grumpy:

Yeah, I have to agree with this, having photo locations as the only prize didn't make me happy at all. I don't ever use the photo mode, it just doesn't interest me, I'd rather be driving something decent at a half decent track.

Jay
I don't understand why some people say this, is it a different test for some or is it a controller thing?

It's definately not a controller thing, I got silver in around 10 attempts using the <> buttons on the controller with X = accelerate and [] = for brake. If you have a wheel and pedals gold should be achievable reasonably easily with a wheel and pedals after a bit of practice.
 
Jay
I got the Alfa on Eiger on my second attempt (by 0.2 IIRC), first ever attempt I was 0.4 off (No aids except ABS), there was easily more time to be stolen. This is because I know every tiny bit of Eiger (short) from GT5P, I tested all the cars thoroughly on it (including the tail happy ones).

I don't mean to brag or anything but it is very possible, just get more familiar with the track and some of the best driving lines might not be exactly what you expected.

Exactly the same story in my case - I golded that event on my 3rd or 4th attempt but I also was beating Eiger to death in GT5P and in GTHD with different cars, I just like that track much - some may even remember me from rankings. It is all about knowing this track very well, I play on G27 since October and had no problems with track that I know but I had HUGE problems with TG intermediate test - had to turn on SRF to gold this event - it all depends on player, you will get there soon.

Just out of curiosity I will try to get best time possible with that Alfa once signature edition contest is over, I'll see what I can come up with after some more attempts.
 
I also have golds in all licences. This ONE test seems to be the hardest thing I've tried to get. VERY FRUSTRATING. I've been trying for over 3 hours. No idea how many times I've restarted. I just know if I don't cross that bridge after the ridiculous 180's before 35 seconds expires then I might as well restart. Also another 'time marker' that I restart on is if I don't cross the shadow leading into the tunnel by 49 secondss it's also a wash...
Restart, cuss, restart, cuss, restart, cuss..... MY REAL CAR would EAT THIS UP. No idea why they decided to put tires on that seem to be coated with crysco GREASE.

I've been doing driving sims since 1998 and this has to be the most challenging thing to accomplish. It seems as though it might favor users of the hand-held controllers as they can go full lock SO MUCH easier than us with the 900 degree wheels. I'm wound up like a friggin pretzel trying to get around those idiotic corners.

I can tell you this much...IF I ever get gold in this challenge...I'll NEVER turn a wheel on that track again. I friggin hate it.

(Let's hope the vent helps) lol

Best time so far: 1:17.081 <-- SO CLOSE!
 
Well, you beat my best time by .015 seconds! My best time after 5+ hours' worth of attempts :P
 
I guess the venting Helped!!

1:16.72 <-- BUH BYE! Never going back!!
 
I am stuck on eiger as well. I have been practicing on and off for days. I am getting consistent ~0.5 sec over the time needed for gold though. This event, this car are traumatizing me. :nervous:
 
This is easy compared to the Ferrari F40 on N3 (comfort soft) tires on GT5P, now that was tricky.
 
I finally got the gold on this, it has probably taken about 5 times more than any other gold and felt to be the hardest challenge in the game... I haven't golded the X2010 yet, but that and the 24 Hour Races I have left until last.

I managed to get it by thinking of the fence on those two tight turns as the inside of the track rather than the asphalt, on the replay I still seem to have all wheels on the asphalt most of the time, but it was just in my head driving as close to the fence as possible instead of as close to the edge of the asphalt as possible that made the difference.

Felt satisfying to get it, but I pretty much yelled expletives at Kaz when I realised I received no in game reward at all as I had already unlocked the photo locations.
 
Back