Gran Turismo Gets Official Event at the Real Mille Miglia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 31 comments
  • 6,176 views
Glad Kaz is having fun. So fitting for Toyota being the first brand in the franchise to partner with PD.

The past point to point rally events in GT5 would a sweet re-entry to the series.
 
Last edited:
I thibk it is in the wrong sub forum.

Anyway, what they could do with yhis franchise is just ridiculous!!
 
So cool, which Kaz took more photos.
I remember when PD would do little behind the scenes videos back in the gt5 era, it was cald Gran Turismo TV wasn't it?
Didn't the also feature episodes of hot version(or eas it BMI?) on GranTurismo TV? Inclusive and could be watched straight from the GT5 game disc if one was signed in to the network if I remember correctly.
 
Wow.

I remember in the 90s my dad worked on a car competing in the Peking to Paris rally, and would regularly prep cars for historic rallies (one time being flown out to Istanbul by an owner to work on a classic car). Meanwhile, I was replaying the intro movie for GT1 thinking it was the coolest car thing ever.

Now Kaz and PD do this with the MM....crazy how the world has changed.
 
Cool! I wonder what this could lead to, if it leads to anything at all. But one thing is for sure, I would have loved to have that old golden Toyota (Crown?) sedan and many of the other old cars. 😊.
 
Kaz's Supra has license plate of Cologne (Köln) in Germany, the city where I live.
Toyota's European Headquarters are in Cologne btw

Congratulations to Toyota, the winner of the 2026 24h of Le Mans

Greeting to all motorsports and Gran Turismo fans
 
Last edited:
Gran Turismo definitely needs something other than circular track racing. Point-to-point and Hill Climbs are a big part of motorsport and car culture and GT is the perfect franchise for this with its beautiful graphics and eclectic car roster

Edit: I appreciate we have drag and drifting etc. But I think this could be expanded on was my point
 
Last edited:
Kaz's Supra has license plate of Cologne (Köln) in Germany, the city where I live.
Toyota's European Headquarters are in Cologne btw

Congratulations to Toyota, the winner of the 2026 24h of Le Mans

Greeting to all motorsports and Gran Turismo fans
Are you saying that Kaz will then bring the Supra back to Toyota's European Headquarters at Köln, where the TR010 is expected for some maintenance after the 24 Hours of Le Mans race ? Not like if it was the only Toyota on display out there, but still.
 
Kaz will then bring the Supra back
Unlikely. Toyota will have a transporter collecting all of the cars to take them back. Pretty standard stuff for events with multiple cars from one fleet, especially heritage cars that they don't particularly want huge mileages putting onto.
 
:confused: But but they’re Toyotaaaasssss. :sly:
 
Kaz's Supra has license plate of Cologne (Köln) in Germany, the city where I live.
Toyota's European Headquarters are in Cologne btw

Congratulations to Toyota, the winner of the 2026 24h of Le Mans

Greeting to all motorsports and Gran Turismo fans
Have you been to the Toyota Racing headquarters?
It's an amazing experience seeing behind the scenes and the car collection is utter heaven for a Toyota diehard like me.

Köln is a fabulous city to visit and I would happily go back.
 
Have you been to the Toyota Racing headquarters?
It's an amazing experience seeing behind the scenes and the car collection is utter heaven for a Toyota diehard like me.

Köln is a fabulous city to visit and I would happily go back.
No, I haven’t, but it is on my todo list.
I’d say that the car collection is attractive for all motorsport fans.

I am happy to hear that you like Cologne. Indeed it is a nice city and worth visiting.
 
No its not....
From a technical perspective, I think it may well be, the longest track in GT7 is 24km in length, popping a 1,000km track in has significant memory allocation issues.
 
Beautiful video, it really moved me. It shows Kaz's commitment to cars and driving. Impressive!
 
I think it's soo cool that he brought his new SIM racing specialist/ newly minted engineering recruit along with him!
I'm excited to see what kind of inspiration he could bring to the next iteration of the game. Or the current one.
AI powered penalty system anyone? Or BoP engine.
 
that's like eating bread in front of the poor and hungry....
 
It would be nice to have a point to point track with checkpoints and different scenes like Mille Miglia. Obviously driving classic and future classic cars. Just saying
 
Last edited:
This is all well and good and I'm glad they had a great time.

I just hope this makes him realise, oh there's a ton of classic cars in GT7 which don't have relevant events to use them in, I should do something about that....
 
Back