Gran Turismo 1 Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter JR98
  • 102 comments
There is no doubt I'll drive Impreza Wagon for this round, I just need to compare specs and see which one is ultimately better. It is unusual to see that WRX models have more top power than the same models tuned by STI, not to mention that the oldest model packs the highest amount of power, according to the list @MadMax provided.

Well, tires and power charts will still play the most important role in my decision.

Just make sure the Z you use the Version S, that's the only one that is allowed.
Well, I think that only the cars until 260 BHP should be allowed. That would be fairer for everyone. 👍

I didn't mean the cars, but I think that the power should be restricted to 260 BHP.

Jason, I posted a time with the FTO GP Version R on the previous page, you don't appear to have seen it:

pYkcYvC.jpg

This car has a lot of grip, though I'm struggling a bit with the long right-hand corner before the tunnel.

@JASON_ROCKS1998 , no Vipers? And arcade mode Corvette C2 allowed?

Suspension
3.7/3.7
95/140
6/5
0.5/0.0
5/1 (hard stabilizers front and rear)
5/10 (sports brakes & balance controller)

Gear Ratios
Final 3.450

Down Force
0.70/0.72

Ran a 1:04.922 with this setup

@JASON_ROCKS1998 , no Vipers? And arcade mode Corvette C2 allowed?

Suspension
3.7/3.7
95/140
6/5
0.5/0.0
5/1 (hard stabilizers front and rear)
5/10 (sports brakes & balance controller)

Gear Ratios
Final 3.450

Down Force
0.70/0.72

Ran a 1:04.922 with this setup
I didn't add the Vipers as they have way more power than the Camaro's & Corvettes while the C2 Vette was added as I'm under the impression they can't be tuned as it's an arcade mode only car, if I'm wrong I'll remove the C2 Vette

I didn't add the Vipers as they have way more power than the Camaro's & Corvettes while the C2 Vette was added as I'm under the impression they can't be tuned as it's an arcade mode only car, if I'm wrong I'll remove the C2 Vette
The C2 Corvette cannot be acquired or tuned in simulation mode, at least not legitimately. And two Viper models could compete if you limit their top power to level that other cars can achieve. :) I'm happy with either decision, though.

Time uploaded, Camaro Z28 used. Although Corvette is slightly faster, it doesn't produce as much torque at lower revs as Camaro does. Besides, the livery is really good, they should have kept it on the Camaro LM that appears from GT3 onward.

Time uploaded, Camaro Z28 used. Although Corvette is slightly faster, it doesn't produce as much torque at lower revs as Camaro does. Besides, the livery is really good, they should have kept it on the Camaro LM that appears from GT3 onward.
Well, I will try both and then I'll let you know my lap times, so I will compare them to your lap time.

I have a reason to believe the deadline for round 3 is tonight. @JASON_ROCKS1998

I'll be spending a couple more hours with the C2 at Quick Arcade - Time Trial , the lap times are very close to a RM C4 GS :eek:

Did you put Racing Tires in it?

How would one do that? I don't have access to the car in GT Mode , so I used the Arcade Mode car. Driving style Standard.

I bet you could have done a sub 61 second lap in the [R]C4 GS '96 , it has 1 inch bigger rear wheels than [R]C4 Coupe '96.
And IMO it felt grippyer too.
I was able to do 1:02.504 in the [R]C4 Coupe '96 and 1:01.333 in the [R]C4 GS '96

Back