Gran Turismo 2 CD BONUS - what is it?

France
Here and there...
SUBMANIAC
Hello!

since i've seen people wondering what in the world the bonus CD that was included with the french release of GT2 was and did, i'll make a thread right here with all the info you'll need (and that'll be short, trust me).

So, what is it?
This:
jeu-ps1-gran-turismo-2-double-boitier-avec-cd-bonus-complet-avec-notice-jeu-playstation-ps1.jpg

What does it do?

Creates a save on your memory card that contains:
- A completed B license (with kiddie prizes)
- 100 000cr.
- 15 Race Cars:
Toyota GT-One Race Car '98
Toyota GT-One Race Car '99
Nissan R390 GT1 '97
Nissan R390 GT1 '98
Ford GT40
Shelby Cobra Daytona
Castrol Supra GT
Lister Storm V12 [R]
Jaguar XJ220 [R]
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Dodge Viper Team Oreca Race Car
Venturi Atlantique 600LM
Lotus Esprit GT1
Lotus Elise GT1 [R]
Nissan NISMO GTR LM [R]

Here's video footage of it:

If you're interested in the save, here's a link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o92zrydkmseycfa/GT2_BONUS_DISC_TEST.GME

And finally, if anyone's interested in it, PM me ;)

Hope that answers any questions!

Last edited:
So this is like Gran Turismo 2 Le Mans Edition then? Judging from the cars you get are Le Mans related.

Since I've always found this curious and now we have an actual file containing the savegame (thanks again @submaniac93), I decided to "convert" it (or better, remake it) for use with the other two versions of GT2 (NTSC-J and NTSC-U/C). I also provided another version of the PAL save file because, for reasons unknown, Port & Polish is labeled as purchased for the Nismo GT-R LM and Lister Storm V12 but not actually applied (and since you've already "purchased" it, you can't purchase it again or install it from the settings menu), this new version fixes this issue.

Attachments

• GT2 Bonus Disc.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 276
Meanwhile, my "starter" save has all licenses done with all gold on I-A and I-B. But this is more interesting.

On IA and IB? o.O that's a strange save you have there
Somehow, I managed to pull off all golds on I-B. Then I could get all gold on most of the I-A tests, with the NSX at Apricot Hill being a major pain to gold, until I got gold on it somehow. I got all golds mostly for the prize cars you get. For all golds on I-B, you get the Honda del Sol LM, and for I-A, you get the Mitsubishi FTO LM.

Nice that's exactly it. I so wish I still had the box.... but sadly don't. There's this legend about the red/blue discs having some kind of rubbery/tire scent if you scratch it a little. I wonder if that's true? Can't test it myself currently..

Nice that's exactly it. I so wish I still had the box.... but sadly don't. There's this legend about the red/blue discs having some kind of rubbery/tire scent if you scratch it a little. I wonder if that's true? Can't test it myself currently..
I can confirm that it is indeed true. :)

Hello,

I'm a Deaf :) I need something to recommend converting the image you have downloaded a GT2 Bonus CD so I need to find the programs I want to do ISO image, could not find this programs over the Internet :(

Thank you very much :)

I'll answer you first :)

@KybernetCZ

Hey!
The file I provided is not an image of the bonus CD, it is the save data that the CD creates. You can use it as a memory card in an emulator such as ePSXe. There is no conversion required.

Hi,

I do not know where to get this CD image GT2 bonus cd over image ISO, really please I need to get it :) It is necessary to negotiate! :)

I already know to donate a Christmas gift CD original game Gran Turismo 2 CD1-2 and bonus cd ?? :) I can send a shipment on the way to the Czech Republic contact to the post office :) only exceptionally chance :) OK ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I do not know where to get this CD image GT2 bonus cd over image ISO, really please I need to get it :) It is necessary to negotiate! :)

I already know to donate a Christmas gift CD original game Gran Turismo 2 CD1-2 and bonus cd ?? :) I can send a shipment on the way to the Czech Republic contact to the post office :) only exceptionally chance :) OK ??
Do you have it yet?

Since I've always found this curious and now we have an actual file containing the savegame (thanks again @submaniac93), I decided to "convert" it (or better, remake it) for use with the other two versions of GT2 (NTSC-J and NTSC-U/C). I also provided another version of the PAL save file because, for reasons unknown, Port & Polish is labeled as purchased for the Nismo GT-R LM and Lister Storm V12 but not actually applied (and since you've already "purchased" it, you can't purchase it again or install it from the settings menu), this new version fixes this issue.
Will this work on the PAL version only?

Will this work on the PAL version only?
Nope, that's precisely why I made the other two save files - so you can use the bonus save with the US and JP versions of the game. The PAL save included is just so you may have a fully upgraded GT-R LM and Storm, which you can't have with just the save the disc generates.

Nothing in the file is exclusive to it. It's only a starting boost. Every car you get with it you can win/buy. Overall it's completely optional.

I no longer have it. I've long replaced it with a save that has all golds on all the licenses except I don't know if I still have it. I'll look later; as of this writing I've got a video transcoding job going and I can't simply stop that and go look. I dual boot Windows and Linux and I'm doing the transcode job on Windows but only Linux will read the backup I made. If you have the GT2+ mod I can hook you up with my all golds save for that though. I don't know which version you prefer but I play NTSC. What I am sure of is that both files will be in .mcr format if you care.

I no longer have it. I've long replaced it with a save that has all golds on all the licenses except I don't know if I still have it. I'll look later; as of this writing I've got a video transcoding job going and I can't simply stop that and go look. I dual boot Windows and Linux and I'm doing the transcode job on Windows but only Linux will read the backup I made. If you have the GT2+ mod I can hook you up with my all golds save for that though. I don't know which version you prefer but I play NTSC. What I am sure of is that both files will be in .mcr format if you care.
All good this guy provided it!
I may need some help with another file I’ll send you a dm!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-and-new-content.378282/page-41#post-13315626

Back