Gran Turismo 2000?

• Thread starter Craig HP
  • 51 comments
Nice collection youve got there! not as big as alexs but still drool worthy :drool:

I missed out on the GT3 guides by about a week, been hitting myself since.

Ill post a piccy of my collection of GT's soon, only got a few.

Edit: I have GT4, GT4 Prolouge, GT3 Platinum, GT Concept 2001 Tokyo, GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva, GT2 Platinum, GT1,

Oh my god alexbrasil, that collection is awsome i envy you sooooooo much! Yeah i played a GT2000 demo at a friends house (it was a copy) and didnt think twice about it. Oh and alexbrasil could you like list all of the GT's you have by any chance?

Hello skylinefreak1;
All my collection is listed on my site... not all, because today arrived another disk 👍, is a "Gran Turismo 3 Replay Theater" this is only a video (run on playstation 2) to show the game... if I have time I'll take some pictures and post tomorrow!

to Robin;
Very nice collection! the Gran Turismo 3 NTSC/J is the best version, I love to drive the lambo diablo.

Alessandro

Does anyone else have the Gran Turismo 2000 calendar poster given away in Official Playstation Magazine?

I had a subscription and it came in the sealed plastic bag. One side had GT 2000 and the other side had something else.

I think I still have it locked in a trunk in the attic with all my old comic books. If I remember I will try to find it and take a pic when I finally put the Christmas decorations back up there. Yeah, our guest bedroom is full of boxes right now.

Does anyone else have the Gran Turismo 2000 calendar poster given away in Official Playstation Magazine?

I had a subscription and it came in the sealed plastic bag. One side had GT 2000 and the other side had something else.

I think I still have it locked in a trunk in the attic with all my old comic books. If I remember I will try to find it and take a pic when I finally put the Christmas decorations back up there. Yeah, our guest bedroom is full of boxes right now.

pics pics :)

my last purchase, Gran Turismo 3 Replay Theater NTSC/J:

Nice buy! What does it exactly do? Does it just show replays? :confused:

I also take it you have GT5 Prologue right? :D

Robin

Nice buy! What does it exactly do? Does it just show replays? :confused:

I also take it you have GT5 Prologue right? :D

Robin

Hi Robin,
The "replay theater disk" (there are more than 3 differents discs only for GT3), is only a video (playable on ps2) to show how is the game, something like the GT's game intro.
Until now I don't have a PS3 :embarrassed: and also GT5 Prologue...

Alessandro

pics pics :)
As soon as I get in the attic. I thought it would be this past weekend, but my sister-in-law's baby shower happened so we didn't have time.

I also have the GT2 soundtrack which lots of people may have as it was readily available in music stores.

I never saw a GT2 soundtrack CD in any store in Australia. Ever. Maybe in Japan there is but I've never been there :(.

I never saw a GT2 soundtrack CD in any store in Australia. Ever. Maybe in Japan there is but I've never been there :(.
Here you go: Don't knwo if you can order from a non-Australia Amazon store, but here it is.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004SG5X/?tag=gtplanet-20
It also has a second PS1 disc that has videos and other special features. I think it may have even had a save file.

If I remember tonight I will pop it in and check it out. It's been a while.

And I'll take pics.

Thanks a lot FoolKiller :) I'll just download the songs from LimeWire or something though, I'm tight on budget ;)

They do sell GT in Australia Craig, but only the games, and only GT3 onwards. You will never find GT Soundtracks or GT1&2 here.

GRAN TURISMO 2000 10th Anniversary

In 18 Feb, 2000, unveiled GRAN TURISMO 2000 at PlayStation Festival (Japan).
a slightly early happy birthday to GT2000 and playstation.com Japan.

51628847_org.v1286028657.jpg

sleeve and instruction sheet.
51628909_org.v1286028679.jpg

PAPX 90203 (NTSC-J, CD-ROM) and the set of PlayStation Festa souvenir.
51628977_org.v1286028692.jpg

exhibited in E3 2000 also.

51629011_org.v1286028707.jpg

51629057_org.v1286028728.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest, Edward, GT2K is precursor to GT3.

Right as you told.
GT2000 made by old physics engine same as GT2 (Yamauchi-san told on interview for some magazines). only graphics graded up for PS2. after E3, name changed to GRAN TURISMO 2000 A-spec till Tokyo Game Show in Sep, 2000.
PD decided making new physics engine. so release date delayed Dec,2000 to Feb, 2001. GT3 released in Apr, 2001 finally in Japan.

51629116_org.v1286028737.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me, or those screenshots of GT2K looks only marginally better than GT2? Thank goodness PD decided to delay the game because GT3>GT2K (in terms of graphics).

I have that version! I remember ringing up BMW pretending to be interested in buying a 1 series! :lol: Can you remember what the special thing was? Maybe the track was higher res than the final GT4...

Robin

Could you post a video with gameplay of this version?

Could you post a video with gameplay of this version?

I found this video on youtube which pretty much sums it up, if I remember correctly it had the same graphics as GT4P which themselves were better than the final GT4 release. Hope it helps 👍

Robin.

i remember getting gt3 in a bundle with my ps2 and gt2 with 2 discs. Seeing all these games brings it back. Btw i have the gt4 prius demo but i remember it being included in an OPMS2 issue //??

-> ...
Yes, dig it up please. I want to know more dude.

:cheers:

I think I have found evidence that GT2000 is an uprated version of GT2. Listen to the engine sounds on this preview and look at the cars...

So, the engine sounds sound the same as in GT2, including the AI sound, and then the cars have blacked out windows, again exactly the same as GT2.

There is more proof in the Intro movie of GT2000...

Some of the clips in the intro are just Hi-Res clips from the GT2 intro. For example, the clip of the White 70's Skyline spinning at 0:42, and don't even get me started about the yellow Impreza at 0:46!

^ If only GT3 (or even GT5) would end up like this with only updated physics and sound engines, I would be happy already. :indiff:

Gran Turismo 2000 was the initial name for GT3, it was basically a working progress of development from GT2 similar to what GT4P, GTHD and GT5P were to their respective full titles. 99-2000 was when the PS3 was released so they thought they would tie in with that and it was planned as a launch title but you know PD... it was delayed till 2001.

You could baically say that it was Grand Turismo 3 Prologue but was never released. Working with GT2 physics and uprated graphics. The final GT3 was in essence the same only with new 3D models which took ages thus the small number of cars.

PD would have called the final game Gran Turismo 2000 if it wasn't for the fact that they realised the the series didn't need a flashy reboot name and that the next number as it were would appeal more to the loyal fans and so now it has stuck.

I have a few bits and bobs on GT 2000 somewhere like an old magazine article, let me know if you want me to dig it up.

Robin

Nice. I didn't know any of this.

Back