Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
Yesterday, I was very busy, so I couldn't post a lap time. My lap time was the fastest as I could...

DSCF9257.JPG

Round 3 is now up, with the Evo VI Rally Car @ Smokey Mountain.

Also, a slight change to the points system, where everyone now gets .1 point for every .100 they beat a lap time by. Still 1 point for each second. This included times set for the previous 2 rounds.

The new points system puts @Sough in 1st with 7 points, with @jontikis being just .1 points behind him at 6.9.

Round 3 is now up, with the Evo VI Rally Car @ Smokey Mountain.

Also, a slight change to the points system, where everyone now gets .1 point for every .100 they beat a lap time by. Still 1 point for each second. This included times set for the previous 2 rounds.

The new points system puts @Sough in 1st with 7 points, with @jontikis being just .1 points behind him at 6.9.
You forgot to put my lap time in Round 1 results. :grumpy:

I guess I still suck at rally, I was stuck a second back. Do you guys have any tips for turn 1, or would you care to share Tsplits?

Last edited:
Another attempt

20170623_144206.jpg

I guess I still suck at rally, I was stuck a second back. Do you guys have any tips for turn 1, or would you care to share Tsplits?
The key to drive fast on dirt is smooth steering inputs. As for turn 1, apex is a bit weird so you may need to use handbrake if possible.

Last edited:
My favourite GT Time Trial of all time :bowdown: wish I still had an old PS2 and GT3 to join the party at the Alps :D

Nice times guys! will keep watching to see if anyone takes my old record down ;)👍 have fun on this EPIC combo :cheers:

Ya know I was just thinking about you the other day! I think this week is over, so not even the fasties who smoked me on smokey mountain will touch your old times. That track seems to have a deceptive amount of nuance

I actually still have an old video from 2007 that was made in pretty poor quality at the time on my youtube video page :D
It has a special place in my memories of older GT versions due to how many hours it took me to get the top spot haha.. it was a crazy amount of attempts that I have never tried to replicate on any event since.. ah the good old days :D

Good to see you still racing Sough 👍

I've had my PS2 for almost 14 years (I think it was 2004?).

I should fire it up and try this when it starts again.

Back