Gran Turismo 4 Celebrates its 15th Birthday Today

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 28, 2019.

1. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

This thread has sure brought back a flood of memories for my grandson and I. Remembering the two player battles we had, the thrill we had of searching and finding all those Easter Eggs, Glitches, and other cool finds. And... counting down the days 'till those hidden blacks showed up in the used car dealerships. Even the disappointment of only having enough money credits to buy one or two of them and having to wait another 600+ days. Yelling at the TV set and the heart pounding battle of trying to get that Mercedes to finally win at Nordschleife. The city lights of Paris and Hong Kong, the evening sunsets of Seattle, and finally getting to race at El Capitan. The two of us trading sleep on and off through the night while our PS2 got hot running the 24 hour and trying to get all the colors of the Polyphony Formula's. The amazement of 100% game completion and getting that elusive great prize the Black Formula and many many more to remember. Thanks for the memories Kaz and do it right in GT7 ! :cheers:

Mazda 787B Race car '91 (Special Black).jpg Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 (Special Black).jpg Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 (Special Black).jpg Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 (Special Black).jpg Dead Tree Monkey.JPG Farm Animals.JPG Forest Fire.JPG Glitch With Two Pool Girls.JPG Grand Canyon Photographers.JPG GT Flying Blimp.JPG Honda Robot.JPG Jets Fly Over With Colored Smoke.JPG Lock Ness Monster With Peeing Fisherman.JPG LV Spinning Planet Hollywood Sign.JPG View attachment 880944 Moving Escalators And People.JPG Nike One Morse Code Backwards Phil Frank.Com.JPG Nür Road Graffiti.JPG Snow Walkers And Wonderers.JPG Tahitian Jets With Disappearing Contrails.JPG Tall Dead Standing Tree.JPG The Honda S2000 LM Race Car With Two Car Numbers 30 & 33.jpg The Race Licenses With Kaz's Signature.jpg Strange Rock Faces.jpg Formula Gran Turismo (Black Game Completion  Award Car).JPG Formula Gran Turismo (Blue Castrol Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (Blue White Castrol Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (Green Red White Castrol Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (Green Yellow Castrol Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (Orange Castrol Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (Red Castrol Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (Silver Black Castrol Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (White Mobil Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (White Pinkish Purple Castrol Livery).jpg Formula Gran Turismo (Yellow Black Castrol Livery).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Apprentice and Alex p. like this.
  2. Alex p.

Alex p.

Fantastic post. I can feel your enthusiasme.

2_FAST_4_U likes this.
  3. ScaniaR780

ScaniaR780

Just like with Gran Turismo 3. Gran Turismo 4 was one of the best in the series and I pre-ordered it back in 2005 when it came out in the UK at the time. Sarthe Circuit was my number 1 favourite and the Sauber C9 was a great car although I always stuck with the Toyota GT-One Race Car '99 for the Le Mans modern races. Although there was more rivals that could match this car unlike in GT3 where there was only the Mazda 787B and the Nissan R390 GT1 that rivalled this car for speed. There is more competition from Audi, Bentley, Piscarolo and the BMW V12 which is a good thing to have a diverse range of cars in the game. I think the only downside with the Toyota GT One Race Car in GT3/GT4 was that the sounds were aliased to the Jaguar V12 engine that is used in the XJ220 which although incorrect for the TS020/Gt One. It sounded nicer on the ears but this was fixed in GT5 where it had the more realistic sounds but it no longer dominated the races like it had in past GT games. That made me come back to GT3/GT4 as the lack of power and the odd sounds in GT5 didn't have the same enjoyment like in these two games. I sometimes wonder if Polophony Digital ported GT4 to the PC like Activision did with Spyro and Crash Bandicoot that GT4 would sell well if remastered for the Unreal Engine? I think it would be great if it supported the Steam controller and the range of steering wheels and a PC version of Gran Turismo 4 would be a good way for Polyphony Digital to dip their toe in the PC gaming market.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    2_FAST_4_U likes this.
  4. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

Just another quick point... imho the best rally racing and circuits thereof offered of any of the other GT series. I sure wish like others mentioned it could be remastered to play on the PS3 or 4... I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

ScaniaR780 likes this.
  5. ScaniaR780

ScaniaR780

GT4 Toyota TS020.png
    Just a screenshot of my favourite car. As for the cash I have earned. I just did all the gold licences and the driving missions so fourth and I will just use prize cars to win most of the races until I earn enough to buy this beauty ;).

Lukanyon likes this.