Gran Turismo 4 Celebrates its 15th Birthday Today

I've dug the ps2 out for some classic gta games, namely San Andrea's and Vice City, but picked up a copy of gt4 for £2.50... And I've actually been playing that more than the others. I like the old school tuning method to get that extra few hp for the limited credits I have just now, and although the graphics are interesting, I'm loving it.
@Famine I haven't seen that disc art before, is it a special edition?

This was my first Gran Turismo game. I remember I was on an online game store and wanted something new. I was always looking up the same games. like Need For Speed for example, Then I thought I check out this racing game that the store had a promotion banner on. When I read the information about the game I was mind blown, over 700 cars, 50 tracks. :drool:

I remember I was in 8th grade and my dad brought this game home from a pawn shop for me to play. My first car was a blue '91 R32 GTS Skyline, and was in awe at how many unique cars there were in the game (looking at you Toyota Triathlon :lol:). While it's not my favorite GT, it's still a game I can go back to and have a ton of fun with.

I still remember when I traded most of my PS2 games in the lead-up to GT4 at Gamestop and picking it up for free when I preordered it. I was so excited to play this and it ends up as one of my all time favorite racers. I remember getting easy money through earning and selling the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car over and over again. lol

Gran Turismo 4 is the game that introduced me to the Green Hell :bowdown:

How fast time flies by... My favorite game of all time bare none. 15 years wow and it took me almost all those years to get the 100% percent Black Polyphony Formula !

9386B83A-14ED-4C06-AD7F-B3CD1A0D9A3C.jpeg

I recall booting up GT4 for the first time and swearing black and blue that video game graphics could not get any better than this.

I still hold firm that some mega rich gearhead should make a real life Motorland. Might not be a race track per se, but I used to absolutely love lapping it for hours on end. Still do!

Not having been a gamer before, I purchased GT4 along with PS2 just for practice at Nürburgring Nordschleife. I already had real Ring experience and didn't want to loose all of it. Worked well for me. Above that, I have become a passionate car photographer thanks to the photomode. Learning in GT4 turned out well in real life – photography AND driving.
With GT5 I launched my personal Stage II: debut membership in gtplanet. And had even more pleasure with the game – thanks to all of those kind guys in this great community!
:gtpflag:
Still missing Citta di Aria, Amalfi Coast, Cathedral Rocks Trail and El Capitan, Chamonix, Paris and Jumping Seattle!

The GT4 had Mode B (autopilot), a vast list of cars, original circuits and streets, for the larger and longer Test Course than Stage Rouge.
Hopefully, even if you haven't repeated your previous success, you have cloudy rain conditions.
Enable real race mode with pace cars in track conditions Follow the
classic and passenger cars with race cars and bring more original tracks as the street is very bad.

Oh boy where do i begin with this... my father bought this game a bit after release and from the intro alone i was in love with it i remember my father spending countless hours on the licenses alone specifically on IA-15 i saw the ring for the first time and while my father was cursing the safety car i was like ":eek: is that real?" or laughing at the coffee breaks :lol:. Basides that i was messing around in the dealerships looking at cars and then new to me brands like ASL Holden etc and taking shifts on Endurance races . However when i was big enough to play on my own the save corrupted itself not once not twice ... 5 times! and then the disk gave up ok big deal i bought a new one 👍 not once not twice 5 times! (Again) brand new but the PS2 simply refused to read them .
Regardless it was enough of a blast to put it on my favorite of all time list No.1 spot so for that ... Thank you PD!.

Wow, Happy birthday Gran Turismo 4!
It still feels like yesterday when i first saw the intro and thought, this is going to be a long ride!
I can vividly remember the times when me and my dad did the 24h races, and being so glad when we got the FGT.
Even though i find GT4 the best out of the series it is actually not my favorite, that place belongs to GT3, 4 a close second with Sport or as i sometimes call it GT7 3rd place.
The small gripes i had with GT4 was that the save file was quite huge 1.4KB i believe, screen tearing with slowdown at some of the tracks and half of the tracks were really lacking in color. Outside those things i felt it was pretty much perfect, plus i still play it 15 years later!

I believe that GT4 was the version that only had certain cars available in used car dealer ship and then only certain colors. Frustrating, but at the same time kept me booting up the game as option as possible. To get those specific cars and colors.

GT4 was certainly great. I spoiled the fun for myself by getting one of those cheat disc that gave you basically unlimited credits. This was more towards the end though after playing it for 1.5 to 2 years. Then also using cheat codes to build special modified cars.

One of the great ones, good track selection, great car selection.

GT6 at the end towards last add on content might of been approaching same status.

I believe that GT4 was the version that only had certain cars available in used car dealer ship and then only certain colors. Frustrating, but at the same time kept me booting up the game as option as possible. To get those specific cars and colors.

Most main GT titles have used car dealers that worked that way. The only exceptions are GT3, GT6 and Sport.

Back