"GRAN TURISMO 4 FIRST FLIGHT" info

  • Thread starter Thread starter discovolante
  • 44 comments
  • 5,319 views
Messages
25
info & movie

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psworld/game/event/041110.html
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psworld/game/event/ram/041110.ram

Notes:Machine translation

The design for "GRAN TURISMO" of colorful collaboration and future is also for whether it being Ming et al.! "GT4" completion announcement party "GRAN TURISMO 4 FIRST FLIGHT" holding! The completion announcement party "GRAN TURISMO4 The First Flight" of "GRAN TURISMO 4" (henceforth, GT 4) which refrained from sale about one month after was held on a grand scale in Meiji Memorial Picture Gallery in Tokyo and Jingu Gaien on November 9. The race car and all car 22 deep stands of relation which were mentioned in front of the art gallery in "GTs4", such as Toyota GT-One, Mazda 787B, and Ford GT, are ZURARI. Furthermore, the LOGO of "GT4" known at a glance even from a distance was begun on the surface of a wall of an art gallery, the screen photograph etc. was projected on it, and the party hall was wrapped in the brightness which cannot be regarded as the exhibition of a game. A party is started from the live of what and T-SQUARE. Mr. Yamauchi -- the theme song "Moon Over The Castle" of "GT" with which the arrangement by full orchestra and the chorus was added at an earnest hope -- a version announces specially -- having -- the voltage in the hall -- a breath -- a rise It is Mino polyphony digital [ with the words of a chorus portion according to Mr. guitarist Ando Masahiro of T-SQUARE who finished the performance, recording of a new version is performed in that SkyWalker studio, and same as a "GT" producer ]. Mr. Kazunori president and Yamauchi write, and it is said that it is made into Italian. Incidentally, the "GRAN TURISMO 4 original game sound track" on which this main theme music was recorded is a sale schedule from a Village record on December 22.

Then, having taken the stage is Mr. producer and Yamauchi who is the real parent of "GT" series. "The automobile industries -- as for this Meiji Memorial Picture Gallery, the exhibition of a new car is held -- are the places where an edge is very deep. It is here and the language of first of all the gratitude by my being happy that the completion announcement party of GRAN TURISMO 4 can be held" was described today. Mr. Yamauchi explains the whole aspect of a game anew, operating completed "GT4" himself. In addition to Categorize of the inclusion type of a car of having recorded 700 types of a car of the mark at last, and description of a concept and an inclusion course, demonstration in in the game mode "B-spec mode" which is not operated personally and "photograph mode" and "GT mode" which serves as this country first public presentation further are announced briefly. Within "GT mode", the car was actually purchased and signs that a history remains in a "home", the situation from the purchase of the post-installation rear wing adopted for the first time with "GT4" to wearing, the tuning menu, etc. were explained in order. In addition, "GT mode" is called "GRAN TURISMO RESORTS" among them from the concept, and serves as contents which embodied virtually the driving world which spreads centering on a house (home).

The "new element" made clear by this presentation is as follows.

- The name inputted at the time of a game start is reflected in a "home."

- Two categories of the "Legend Car" to which the lineup of the noted vehicle of a tradition besides a "new car" was carried out are prepared for each dealer, and race events, such as a one makeup race, are prepared for every dealer.

- In a "music theater", various artists' musical piece, and viewing and listening of a total of 96 music and the customize of playlist which are recorded on the game are possible. Much classic music is also recorded.

- In "GT Auto", car washing, change of the oil, wheel exchange, and wing purchase are possible. If it actually equips with the wing, it can set up a down force. About four kinds of setup is possible for a wheel for every road surface sir festivals, such as TARMAC and GRAVEL, at one set. Moreover, in addition to the brand wheel always sold at the shop, the wheel shop of the no brand which appears on a daily basis every day is also established newly. The total of the wheel recorded on the game is what and 600 or more!

- The physical Simulate of those who play a car at the time of a pit crew or car washing is carried out exactly, and they change operation by the car (body form).

- It corresponds to a USB memory. The data photoed in "photo mode" can be carried out to PC etc. from PS2.


With future "GT", although mind is a little early, it is [ the "PSP version" and ] just going to worry "GT5." " "the PSP version" does not change at all with the world of old "GRAN TSURISMO", although Mr. Yamauchi becomes the some scale down of the 2nd edition of PS about this. I think that the feature of the "PSP" maximum is that it can carry and can do communication with reality. Does communication with people and a man become one keyword which is the PSP version? Many things which should be done have "GT5." It was said also in it whether expression of the damage by collision was the element which wants to tackle positively."
 
Some nice news there:

-Classical Music on the soundtrack. Perfect for driving in a Lexus or Jaguar.

-Ability to add a rear wing to your car. It's a lot easier to correct over/understeer on cars with a wing. Adjusting downforce is my friend.

-Photo mode pics transferrable to a PC? Kickass! Custom Desktops here I come!
 
discovolante
Two categories of the "Legend Car" to which the lineup of the noted vehicle of a tradition besides a "new car" was carried out are prepared for each dealer, and race events, such as a one makeup race, are prepared for every dealer.

Race events for each dealer sounds similar to gt2.
 
I hope they have different kinds of wings. I mean a wing that looks good on a 05 stang might not look good on a C5.
 
]- It corresponds to a USB memory. The data photoed in "photo mode" can be carried out to PC etc. from PS2.

-Will I beable to load up my USB memory stick and transfer my photo-mode stuff or will I need to link directly with a USB cable?
 
PhatFat
I hope they have different kinds of wings. I mean a wing that looks good on a 05 stang might not look good on a C5.

I think that's a given. Why give it it's own area, if there's only one to choose from?
 
The vid started out nice. I didnt know what he was saying besides "eeehhh" every 5 seconds. Mabey that is the same as when people speak in america and they say "uhhh" when they are making a speach.
That one car looks really cool.
 
discovolante
It corresponds to a USB memory. The data photoed in "photo mode" can be carried out to PC etc. from PS2.

Hope they make this available for the saved lap replays as well, it'd make it easier to get Mpeg's of them, and very handy for the WRS.
 
So does this mean there will be Polypony Digital USB memory sticks?
 
does anyone know what car that BMW is in that picture? Looks like the new 4-series but I can't really tell...
 
sUn
So does this mean there will be Polypony Digital USB memory sticks?
I think just any USB Flash Drive, possibly (but maybe not) restricted to USB 2.0, would work. So my guess would be a no, but I've been wrong before.

Also, going back to what I first said, has anyone tried saving a replay to USB Flash Drive?

<edit>
JrunkenC
does anyone know what car that BMW is in that picture? Looks like the new 4-series but I can't really tell...
It sorta looks like the M3. I'm about 95% sure on that. Not to mention that the M3s are confirmed on 359's car list.
 
For the photomode to put pics on the PC would you just need network adapter or would you have to get the HD.
 
For the photomode to put pics on the PC would you just need network adapter or would you have to get the HD.

-It reads more like that there will be some sort of USB useage. Maybe a stick, maybe just direct linking to a computer or even just a USB printer.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Wow...thanks for the news Discovolante! :O This is getting me HYped up for GT4! :O
 
thats the new 3 series. 4 is reserved for the coupe version of the 3.
 
woot.gif
 
32000 yen
$302 US
$400 Aus
 
Z32
thats the new 3 series. 4 is reserved for the coupe version of the 3.
That is no longer the case. BMW decided to skip the new system and stick with the current. There will be no 4 series,
 
After having read this a bit more, I can kind of understand what this "First Flight" deal is all about. When it comes to USB, I think there is a device I've seen at an EB Games store once. It is this Jump Drive that you can use to store PS2 data on, then save it on your computer for more storage. I don't know if it is possible to have such a USB drive, and be able to upload your GT4 Photos to your PC, and edit them any way you like. Polyphony Digital must have gotten some ideas from us GTPlaneteers. I remember talking about any chances of maybe uploading pictures from our GT4 data to the computer, and it seems like they considered it based on what I read from Discovolante.

As I've said before, I would recommend playing GTs 1 through 3 to see how far we've come from GT4. It's not going to have damage, it's not going to have Ferrari or Porsche (or set me straight if I'm wrong), but you will get "The Drive of Your Life." You will get great racing action. And as I say, I'm not complaining about AI because I know horrible AI. It's called "Pro Race Driver," where everyone races like thugs, and you have to make them spin out if you want to have a chance to win. Anyhow, why would you want to pass this up if you're a racing game fan? It comes out in stores, so if you have a PS2, pick this up. If not, get a PS2 then GT4. I'm going to like this, but whether or not you will like this is going to be your choice. Oh man, I can't wait!
 
JohnBM01
As I've said before, I would recommend playing GTs 1 through 3 to see how far we've come from GT4.

Thats my brother and I call a "Gran Turismo Marathon!"
 
Hmmmmmm... wings can be added to cars? i don't have a problem with it but i'm suprised theres been no anti-rice whines such as ''NOS and now crappy spoilers!! I'm so not buying that Game!! :mad: :( ''

edit - maybe it's referring to the race mod but got lost in translation?
 
awesome news! 👍

things I was surprised about:

1. The inclusion of "wings" (I surmise that it incorporates full body kits, not just rear wings, because that would be a strange inclusion if it were by it's lonesome. Also, considering that PD helped DESIGN a kit for Nismo, I'd say they're definitely interested in the feature)

2. Rare wheels you can purchase on a daily basis. Simply amazing.

That's about it, because I can't understand much else from that translation.
 
The wings are luckily purely functional. I always wanted to increase the aerodynamics on the other cars in GT3, now I can!

As long as the game has those big fat Falken rims, I'm fine with it :D
 
I see "First Flight" as the first real appearance of the game in public. It is an pure poetic / metaphore and there is nothing spectacular about it.

It is like Haiku, only shorter:).

Gran Turismo 4.
The First Flight.
Sun has risen from the clouds.

And as for "wing adoptation", it is very simple: you can adjust wings on your stock R34 in real-life, but so far you couldn'd do it in GT series.

Now - in GT4 - you'll be able to adjust the rear wings for the stock cars if that cars has a wing that can be adjusted.
 
Back