"GRAN TURISMO 4 FIRST FLIGHT" info

  • Thread starter Thread starter discovolante
  • 44 comments
  • 5,319 views
amar212
I see "First Flight" as the first real appearance of the game in public. It is an pure poetic / metaphore and there is nothing spectacular about it.

It is like Haiku, only shorter:).

Gran Turismo 4.
The First Flight.
Sun has risen from the clouds.

And as for "wing adoptation", it is very simple: you can adjust wings on your stock R34 in real-life, but so far you couldn'd do it in GT series.

Now - in GT4 - you'll be able to adjust the rear wings for the stock cars if that cars has a wing that can be adjusted.

You could always adjust the downforce on the R34 :confused: I know it was in GT3. I hope it's not just touring wings (which I'm kinda sure it will be). Touring wings only look good on some cars...but hopefully there will be more variety. I like having 600 wheels to chose from though :)

I really hope they let you remove wings...that would be nice 👍
 
kinigitt
awesome news! 👍

things I was surprised about:

1. The inclusion of "wings" (I surmise that it incorporates full body kits, not just rear wings, because that would be a strange inclusion if it were by it's lonesome. Also, considering that PD helped DESIGN a kit for Nismo, I'd say they're definitely interested in the feature)

2. Rare wheels you can purchase on a daily basis. Simply amazing.

That's about it, because I can't understand much else from that translation.
bodykits are doubtful.
 
tha_con
bodykits are doubtful.

I'm not talking about full customization, I'm thinking more along the lines of racing mods; all inclusive modification that changes the appearance of the car.

I can't think of any other reason for the big announcement about wings. It would be awkward to just change the rear wings, and previous GT games have let you play with the downforce and make adjustments on stock cars that have wings.

Anyway, I'm just speculating, because that translation really poses more questions than it answers.
 
Kingitt
I see it as PDs way of giving you some down force tuning options on Tuned street cars with out them having to go to the full race mod route.
In GT3 you couldnt adjust downforce on these cars, now all you have to do is buy a wing, and voila you have downforce adjustment.
 
GTXLR
Kingitt
I see it as PDs way of giving you some down force tuning options on Tuned street cars with out them having to go to the full race mod route.
In GT3 you couldnt adjust downforce on these cars, now all you have to do is buy a wing, and voila you have downforce adjustment.

ahh... okay.

crap.

wait a minute...you could adjust downforce on the stock R34 in GT3. try it.
 
kinigitt
ahh... okay.

crap.

wait a minute...you could adjust downforce on the stock R34 in GT3. try it.

I think he means on cars that you can't adjust downforce...
 
kinigitt
ahh... okay.

crap.

wait a minute...you could adjust downforce on the stock R34 in GT3. try it.

i meant all cars including those without any wings in real life.
 
Yeah, as in trying to adjust the downforce on a Silvia or something like that that doesn't come with a wing. FYI - you can't :lol:.
 
GTXLR
In GT3 you couldnt adjust downforce on these cars, now all you have to do is buy a wing, and voila you have downforce adjustment.
What about front downforce?
 
Sven
What about front downforce?

I wonder if you'll be able to attach front and side spoilers from the Wing menu?

Still adjustable rear downforce is better than nothing. It's sure a lot easier to get results by adjusting downforce than it is by spending hours messing with spring rate and the like.

Although I'll still do it to get a few of my faves running perfectly.
 
the vid link doesnto work.. :indiff:
 
Sven
What about front downforce?

I dont have the answers, i was only going by what i read.

However front downforce on anything other than a single seater is much harder to implement.

Most front spoilers are designed to improve or reshape the airflow, and generally dont do much for downforce and are certainley less adjustable than rear wings, even the addition of winglets, and spiltters dont add that much in the way of downforce.
 
Well all I know is, race cars in GT3 had adjustable front downforce up to about ".6" or so, and road cars didn't, so I was just wondering...

It would be nice if they let you add a ground effects package as well...That's not an unreasonable request at all, considering that they don't need to do anything visually for it.
 
You know, I didn't know you could actually tune the rear wing on a stock R34. Hah! Not such a "fanboy" car anymore, eh, player? Of course, a person who has an R34 Skyline will have to modify it on the track and stuff. But, I didn't know that about the Skyline.
 
Back