Gran Turismo 4 Media

• Thread starter ALPHA
  • 393 comments
VIPERGTSR01
There was a vid getting around awhile ago (real in car vid) of a race car with straight cut gears that when you watch make sure your your volume is down because the gear noise is almost unbearable.

cars in GT3 had too much whine even before you upgraded the tranny.

the Falken R34 GTR from the new demo sounds suitably beastly, however.

GT4:Prologue Las Vegas WIP | Direct |
JGTC cars attempt to drive around Las Vegas but quickly get into trouble. Should give enough time to check out the visuals

what the heck are they doing in here?

And in the Ring video you can clearly see sparks when the driver gets to high on the curbs and once when the car bottoms out on a curve. :)

Very nice. But no backfires.

It's always better topless :sly:

Should grab some of the vids in the hot "Backfire" thread that NavyAD shot in Japan of a GT4 demo that confirms exhaust flames are in GT4. Nice vids of Fuji and SSR5 (the SSR5 one also shows the new "hood/bonnet" view, which is actualy a roof cam.

:cheers:

also, just watched the costa vid from the demo... i'm still floored by the driver animation! it's sooo frikkin hot! Ya sure, GT4 will still have some short comings from being perfect... but man... all this on the PS2!!

Or possibly not, call me a cynic, but i have an inkling that they're holding Gt4 back until the PS3 arrives, after all they've spent ages modifying GT4 so it doesn't overload the PS2 and in many cases haven't been successful.

Polyphony001
Or possibly not, call me a cynic, but i have an inkling that they're holding Gt4 back until the PS3 arrives, after all they've spent ages modifying GT4 so it doesn't overload the PS2 and in many cases haven't been successful.

Are you for real? I won't call you a cynic - I think you're completely nuts! :crazy:

Indeed, why would they wait for 2006 to bring out GT4. If they waited for the PSP to make it a release game, that's understandable. Japan's already got the PSP so GT can come out now, the PSP will be out in the rest of the world in the next few months.

GTPLANET EXCLUSIVE
Costa Di Amalfi Replay – BMW 120i | Direct .divX Format |

GTPLANET EXCLUSIVE
Nurburgring Nordschleife Collision Mayhem – BMW 120i | Direct .divX Format

And the other two GTPLANET EXCLUSIVES after these don't work, nothing happens.
yeah, a new window pops up but nothing happens after it. I'd really like to see these videos , especially the Collision Mayhem, crash effects and ****.

Those videos are outdated anyway, as they're from the "old" BMW demo... let's wait for videos new videos that will sooner or later appear! :)

I'm currently updating this thread video by video. Since I'm on 56k I haven't had the chance to download Naruto's videos hosted here on GTPlanet. If anybody could help in providing some descriptions of the videos, such as what cars are shown and if it's of one lap in-race footage or not, it would be appreciated :).

alpha, ive got some great videos for ya, if u want. im almost finished golding the I-A license, im on A-16, the last one, but so ****** HARD! ive golded all the licenses so far, B, A, I-B, now almost done with this one. i have clips of what happens when u win gold, and i have a clip of a mercedes 190 evo 8 , or sum ****, with a skyline pace car, on the ring. wherever i can host them, ill put them up. so talk later folks, if video requests come in, ill put em up, soon as i can afford, unlock the vehicle. see ya :)

Hi NavyAD, I could temporarely host a 45mb. max video... but after a couple of days it should be off cause of my limited bandwidth. But by then there should be already enough other links :) . How could you get the video to me so I can put it up?

My request would be a video with an Audi RS6.... I really want to hear that cars sound! It's a monster IRL and I hope it's so in the game :)

greetz

yes thanx very much for the media!!!!...has somebody got VIDEOS with Race cars(with the GT-One, CLK-GTR,....)????
plzzzzzzzzzz post some vids of GT4 with those LM Race Cars!!!!!

BigKabuto
yeah, a new window pops up but nothing happens after it. I'd really like to see these videos , especially the Collision Mayhem, crash effects and ****.

i saw it, i luckily got to download it when it was up, it was nordeschlief (....still cant spell) anyways, the crash effects.. all it is, when you bump a wall, its like hitting NOS in NFSU (no.. really lol it is) it just all gets blurred in the direction your view is moving, so if you hit a wall and the car turns right, everything you see will be motion blurred to the left

its actually quite a neat effect, better than the GT3 when you just hit the wall you keep going (still quite new to the gran turismo series, just got it 2 weeks ago (GT3) :) love it
actually, a few guys from live for speed (www.liveforspeed.net) got me into it

Back