black object around light

Attachments

• Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97328_20230721164202.png
    Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97328_20230721164202.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97328_20230721164205.png
    Gran Turismo 4_SCUS-97328_20230721164205.png
    192.5 KB · Views: 82
For the next update the anachronism on NY will be removed with GT4P textures (which is already done by someone idk if the pack is around but i also have it dumped and will do it on my own). Im thinking of changing Polyphony logos on buildings of George V as in GT4FP its visible they used real-life logos like shop names , a newspaper etc. Tokyo will also be fixed alongisde with some cars having issues and F2004 texture mod will recieve an update as newer PCSX2 builds somehow broke it.

The AI model we used back then will recieve an update soon and I'm looking forward to use it. Then ill tidy the pack up and post the update :) Had to use Google Maps images for Tokyo R246 signs though as there are no 2005 pictures. If anyone has them feel free to contact!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I am very excited to make my first post because it is something on making your game look better. Since PCSX2 has texture dumping and replacement feature, me and my friend Gtafan comitted to a project. The game textures are upscaled with the aid of AI and some textures have been redone manually with Photoshop and paint.net image editors. The cars and tracks now have way more detail and sharpness. Quite few cars have showroom quality wheels, brake discs, calipers and tyres. A few cars have accurate numberplates, driver names(some are redone as AI couldn't make a good job) and so on. The content is now finished. Upcoming releases will focus on fixing stuff.

The mod works in all GT4 variants and TT tracks just follow the installation proccess.
The mod does not affect performance unless you're close on VRAM limit. It can increase VRAM usage a bit.

IF YOU'RE A CONTENT CREATOR/AUTHOR AND USE 2.0+ PLEASE CREDIT MRCassidyART too for his contrubitions.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST TO SEE UPDATES

Requirements:
A PCSX2 1.7 build that supports texture replacements (the later the better)
Around 4GB of VRAM for 4x resolution (PCSX2 has very big VRAM leak and since this folder is very big it will cause severe slowdowns)
Lots of disk space. If you're having hard time with it, make the folder in another drive via PCSX2's folder settings. For example my emulator is in C but folder in D.

NOTE READ CAREFULLY: We are getting questions on crashing. Please turn off 'Mipmapping' and don't use Trilinear/Ultra options in Graphics Settings. If you use Vulkan make sure to dump VRAM before your first race by pressing F9 twice (preferably durin loading). These are not caused from our end.
THE UI IS NOT UPSCALED BECAUSE THEY DUPLICATE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE EFFECT PERMANENTLY VIDEO OF UI SITUATION

Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod version 2.2 CHANGELOG
Changes and fixes:
  • Fixed big alpha issues on some cars like Citroen 2cv, 787b and Minolta
  • Ferrari F2004 included in a folder (it will replace some parts on other colors too but red one will be F2004 in relatively close distance -LOD stuff)
  • Warsteiner CLK-GTR in a folder

Upcoming:
  • Sky fixes on all tracks
  • Fixes on more cars if found

The 2.2 doesnt have a password but don't extract it to the pack's directory immediately because some textures are in folders and if you extract those folders they won't take effect. Anyway, ill remove the anachronism on Tokyo R246 some time and make an optional update later. I also ignored this too much because modding the game internally is more fun.

Current progress can be tracked in: Google Document on Progress

Videos of the mod: Main showcase and tutorial
Tutorial if it is still confusing
A lap around Trial Mountain

I put the links back again as there is a demand while we are preparing the next update.
Pack
Last Update
Password: DZB3rDmmvDu8DXoRk2gK
I'm thinking it will be in a couple of weeks from 4/12/23

[/SPOILER]

We also provide a link for you to report issues: Issue Reporting Link

We hope that you enjoy our project!
Thanks man

Hey, first off, thanks for putting this mod together. Great Job.

I'm a bit confused with the links, the post say version 2.2, but the links are for 2.1.7.

Am I missing something? I cant see a link for 2.2 download. Or is that not released just yet?

Cheers again!

Bully.

Im running on a 1080. But my frames keep tanking, going from 60fps down to a low of 20fps. does anyone know why this could be happening. Im running it at 1080p but i have a 4k monitor. (yes i know i should get a new gpu, im saving up for one.) I believe im using the latest nightly version that came out this morning I think.

Back