Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod v2.2

• Thread starter Hatersbby
  • 202 comments
Texture Pack works when i use online beta version of Gran Turismo, btw, are there any plans on fixing more cars? i saw Ford Rally 98 car having a problems with the tire texture in the map Costa Rica and first car in arcade mode is not visible only shows 4 tires and pipes
For now not really since my friend and I kinda dropped this project to focus on other projects / real life. I don't wanna make any promises but there might be an update in August if some stuff goes right.

PS. I will post an updated tutorial on how to install mod soon :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Recently I was looking for games to play and I stumbled across GT4. I watched a video from DustinEden talking about this mod and I was amazed with the outcome he showed in the video. However, as much as I wanted to try it myself, my GT4 keeps crashing upon loading the game. I tried the suggestion of that turning off mipmapping and trilinear filtering. Yet, it still crashes during the GT sign loading screen. Is there any fix to it? I will attach the error message below in case that helps. Thank you very much.

And thank you Hatersbby and other devs for making this mod. GT4 was the first game I played (I was about 3 at that time) and it is really touching to see the game again, but in better quality. Thanks a lot for creating this.

Software info:
pcsx2 v1.7.4721
Gran Turismo 4 NTSC-U (US)

Error Message:
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF75784B9E9)
00007FF75784B9E9 (pcsx2-qt): (filename not available): Ordinal0
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF757929307)
00007FF757929307 (pcsx2-qt): (filename not available): Ordinal0
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF75792AF0C)
00007FF75792AF0C (pcsx2-qt): (filename not available): Ordinal0
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF75792B50A)
00007FF75792B50A (pcsx2-qt): (filename not available): Ordinal0
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF75792B56A)
00007FF75792B56A (pcsx2-qt): (filename not available): Ordinal0
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFB96919363)
00007FFB96919363 (ucrtbase): (filename not available): recalloc
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFB989926AD)
00007FFB989926AD (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFB98D4A9F8)
00007FFB98D4A9F8 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

Hello everyone,
I am very excited to make my first post because it is something on making your game look better. Since PCSX2 has texture dumping and replacement feature, me and my friend Gtafan comitted to a project. The game textures are upscaled with the aid of AI and some textures have been redone manually with Photoshop and paint.net image editors. The cars and tracks now have way more detail and sharpness. Quite few cars have showroom quality wheels, brake discs, calipers and tyres. A few cars have accurate numberplates, driver names(some are redone as AI couldn't make a good job) and so on. The content is now finished. Upcoming releases will focus on fixing stuff.

The mod works in all GT4 variants and TT tracks just follow the installation proccess.
The mod does not affect performance unless you're close on VRAM limit. It can increase VRAM usage a bit.

IF YOU'RE A CONTENT CREATOR/AUTHOR AND USE 2.0+ PLEASE CREDIT MRCassidyART too for his contrubitions.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST TO SEE UPDATES

Requirements:
A PCSX2 1.7 build that supports texture replacements (the later the better)
Around 4GB of VRAM for 4x resolution (PCSX2 has very big VRAM leak and since this folder is very big it will cause severe slowdowns)
Lots of disk space. If you're having hard time with it, make the folder in another drive via PCSX2's folder settings. For example my emulator is in C but folder in D.

NOTE READ CAREFULLY: We are getting questions on crashing. Please turn off 'Mipmapping' and don't use Trilinear/Ultra options in Graphics Settings. If you use Vulkan make sure to dump VRAM before your first race by pressing F9 twice (preferably durin loading). These are not caused from our end.
THE UI IS NOT UPSCALED BECAUSE THEY DUPLICATE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE EFFECT PERMANENTLY VIDEO OF UI SITUATION

Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod version 2.2 CHANGELOG
Changes and fixes:
  • Fixed big alpha issues on some cars like Citroen 2cv, 787b and Minolta
  • Ferrari F2004 included in a folder (it will replace some parts on other colors too but red one will be F2004 in relatively close distance -LOD stuff)
  • Warsteiner CLK-GTR in a folder

Upcoming:
  • Sky fixes on all tracks
  • Fixes on more cars if found

The 2.2 doesnt have a password but don't extract it to the pack's directory immediately because some textures are in folders and if you extract those folders they won't take effect. Anyway, ill remove the anachronism on Tokyo R246 some time and make an optional update later. I also ignored this too much because modding the game internally is more fun.

Current progress can be tracked in: Google Document on Progress

Videos of the mod: Main showcase and tutorial
Tutorial if it is still confusing
A lap around Trial Mountain

DOWNLOAD LINKS (ALL 2.1 IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD FULL PACK DELETE THE EXISTING ONE FIRST)

We also provide a link for you to report issues: Issue Reporting Link

We hope that you enjoy our project!
Hello theres a error on my mac os. I got a message that says i could not extract that mod, it failed to write a file. How can i fix it? thank you and your mod is nice!

Hello. i am really glad that i can play gran turismo with nice graphics without ps4-5 an on mid-low end pc.
But i got some problems
  1. Hatersbby said, the mod won't make a lag, even for potato pc. But why FPS reduces and freezes really much?
2.I compared my gameplay with pictures on this mod page. But it seems that only text and vinyls got better. The road is still awful, quallity is bad
Here's my gameplay, if you don't belive 2nd problem
P.S Sorry for my eng

Hi There Flash3t!

Here are my recommendations for mid range PCs:

Make sure to select your video adapter properly and give a try to DX11, DX12 and Vulkan, since differents GPUs works better with different render

In Display tab set aspect ratio to 16:9, Deinterlacing to "None", Bilinear Filtering to "Bilinear (smooth)", enable "anti blur"

In Graphics-Rendering tab make sure to set the internal resolution to 4K or at least 2K, texture filtering "Bilinear (forced)", Trilinear Filtering off, Anisotropic filtering "16x", dithering "off", Blending accuracy "Maximun".

Make sure to enable "Manual Hardware Renderer Fixes"

In Upscaling Fixes tab set Half Pixel Offset to "Special", Round Sprite to "Half", Texture offsets to 0, enable "align sprite"

In Texture Replacement tab enable "load textures" and "async texture loading" (also make sure the textures directory is properly set and without subfolders beyond "replacements")

In Advanced tab set "hardware download mode to "Disable Readbacks (Synchronize GS Thread)"

In Audio tab set Sincronization to "Async Mix"

In Advanced Options set Rounding Mode to "Chop/Zero", Clamping Mode to "Full", VU0 Rounding Mode to "Chop/Zero", VU0 Clamping Mode to "Extra", same for VU1

Also, I recommend to set PCSX2 executable to low or iddle CPU priority, you can permanently set this with a command line or with the Process Lasso utility

Have Fun!!

Last edited:
Hi There Flash3t!

Here are my recommendations for mid range PCs:

Make sure to select your video adapter properly and give a try to DX11, DX12 and Vulkan, since differents GPUs works better with different render

In Display tab set aspect ratio to 16:9, Deinterlacing to "None", Bilinear Filtering to "Bilinear (smooth)", enable "anti blur"

In Graphics-Rendering tab make sure to set the internal resolution to 4K or at least 2K, texture filtering "Bilinear (forced)", Trilinear Filtering off, Anisotropic filtering "16x", dithering "off", Blending accuracy "Maximun".

Make sure to enable "Manual Hardware Renderer Fixes"

In Upscaling Fixes tab set Half Pixel Offset to "Special", Round Sprite to "Half", Texture offsets to 0, enable "align sprite"

In Texture Replacement tab enable "load textures" and "async texture loading" (also make sure the textures directory is properly set and without subfolders beyond "replacements")

In Advanced tab set "hardware download mode to "Disable Readbacks (Synchronize GS Thread)"

In Audio tab set Sincronization to "Async Mix"

In Advanced Options set Rounding Mode to "Chop/Zero", Clamping Mode to "Full", VU0 Rounding Mode to "Chop/Zero", VU0 Clamping Mode to "Extra", same for VU1

Also, I recommend to set PCSX2 executable to low or iddle CPU priority, you can permanently set this with a command line or with the Process Lasso utility

Have Fun!!
OK. Definetly gonna try, when i will have some time. Huge thanks!

Hello everyone,
I am very excited to make my first post because it is something on making your game look better. Since PCSX2 has texture dumping and replacement feature, me and my friend Gtafan comitted to a project. The game textures are upscaled with the aid of AI and some textures have been redone manually with Photoshop and paint.net image editors. The cars and tracks now have way more detail and sharpness. Quite few cars have showroom quality wheels, brake discs, calipers and tyres. A few cars have accurate numberplates, driver names(some are redone as AI couldn't make a good job) and so on. The content is now finished. Upcoming releases will focus on fixing stuff.

The mod works in all GT4 variants and TT tracks just follow the installation proccess.
The mod does not affect performance unless you're close on VRAM limit. It can increase VRAM usage a bit.

IF YOU'RE A CONTENT CREATOR/AUTHOR AND USE 2.0+ PLEASE CREDIT MRCassidyART too for his contrubitions.

Requirements:
Around 4GB of VRAM for 4x resolution (PCSX2 has very big VRAM leak and since this folder is very big it will cause severe slowdowns)
Lots of disk space. If you're having hard time with it, make the folder in another drive via PCSX2's folder settings. For example my emulator is in C but folder in D.

NOTE READ CAREFULLY: We are getting questions on crashing. Please turn off 'Mipmapping' and don't use Trilinear/Ultra options in Graphics Settings. If you use Vulkan make sure to dump VRAM before your first race by pressing F9 twice (preferably durin loading). These are not caused from our end.
THE UI IS NOT UPSCALED BECAUSE THEY DUPLICATE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE EFFECT PERMANENTLY VIDEO OF UI SITUATION

Changes and fixes:
  • Ferrari F2004 included in a folder (it will replace some parts on other colors too but red one will be F2004 in relatively close distance -LOD stuff)

Upcoming:

The 2.2 doesnt have a password but don't extract it to the pack's directory immediately because some textures are in folders and if you extract those folders they won't take effect. Anyway, ill remove the anachronism on Tokyo R246 some time and make an optional update later. I also ignored this too much because modding the game internally is more fun.

DOWNLOAD LINKS (ALL 2.1 IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD FULL PACK DELETE THE EXISTING ONE FIRST)

hello , i realy like this mod it makes the cars look amazing imo, some environmennt texture do look a little off but they are not my focus as i dont have much time looking at them anyway, so overall its a 10 out of 10 for me.
one bug i have encountered though is that some of the signs in the update files (2.2) have some buggy textures, i notice that its propably a resolution thing but as much i have changed some grachips settings i did not disappear or diminish at all
if you have a solution for this i'd be happy listen.
i have looked online to see if i can find a solution but there was nothing similar to my problem.
thanks for your time :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 88
Excellent job on the mod, congratulations!
Loving to replay it!!

I have a doubt though.
How does one know which textures are from each car? Any easy way?

I was specifically interesting in finding the Prius G (J) (2002) files

Hi I was wondering if if possible to just do a version with just the car textures and the advertisment signs and leave the road and environment as is so that it can run on lower spec macjhes

Still can't get the password to work to unzip the file... Any help guys? :(
Hello theres a error on my mac os. I got a message that says i could not extract that mod, it failed to write a file. How can i fix it? thank you and your mod is nice!

Hey, not sure if y'all figured this out - the password works BUT you have to use a different file extractor (Keka worked great for me)

hey! just want to say it's amazing although the roads do look worse.. so does the grass, they look really sharp and i don't know if it's only for me. please any help would be appreciated.

For anyone that prefers the default loading screen or has silents ui mod, the file name to delete from the reolacements folder is c8fba09457058628-c50a400ddd01676a-000059d4

Hello everyone,

Requirements:

Changes and fixes:

Upcoming:

[/SPOILER]

where is the links i am new

Hello everyone,

Requirements:

Changes and fixes:

Upcoming:

[/SPOILER]

where's the download link?

hello , i realy like this mod it makes the cars look amazing imo, some environmennt texture do look a little off but they are not my focus as i dont have much time looking at them anyway, so overall its a 10 out of 10 for me.
one bug i have encountered though is that some of the signs in the update files (2.2) have some buggy textures, i notice that its propably a resolution thing but as much i have changed some grachips settings i did not disappear or diminish at all
if you have a solution for this i'd be happy listen.
i have looked online to see if i can find a solution but there was nothing similar to my problem.
thanks for your time :)
those textures look off to you because i intentionally made an LED screen effect to add modernism

Anyway so what im focusing on fixing this time is mainly the plates on the cars. The upscaler messed up the text on plates and since many drives on chase cam it wouldnt be nice to see broken text. Yes, i know i ignored this for a long time but here is a teaser. I'm trying to stay as close to the original textures but expect some differences. Here, a BMW. I couldnt find the exact same font but this should be enough :)
SCUS_974.36_SCUS-97436_20231114185901.png

Back