Gran Turismo 5 Box-Cover Competition- Open until June 15

Some INTERESTING covers to say the least. To be honest, I have no chance of entering this. My Photoshop has expired, I don't have the time for downloading GIMP, and I'll probably do as bad as a MasterCard Lola in F1 if I do enter.

I do agree that the use of something other than a car for the cover was a great idea. However regarding the PD logo as having minor significants is deluded to me.

Most products I have ever seen have some indication that clearly defines who the manufacturer is. I understand that America doesn't have the PD logo on the front cover, I don't want to be rude, but that is arrr...strange.:odd: The logo of the creators of the game deserves to be put on the front. Well at least that is my oppinion.
Thanks for the pics G.T.Ace.;)

I don't think so, I wrote up a post but the Login prompt screwed it...as a result I lost my post...was not a happy moment.:rolleyes:
Look guys, I know that I don't have a hope...what with all the "Diehard Nurburgring extremist" out there (lol jokes:D:tup:), Nomino has helped me see that although I have seen that particular Nurburg pic alot on the internet, doesn't mean everyone has, so it still might seem original to some. The fact that the creator of the case chose to use that pic over yet another entry of a car, I do see that as its originality. However the lack of the Polyphony Digital logo and the GT logo is obviously not right, the GT logo has been the symbol chosen by PD to represent the Gran Turismo series from the start. Every major Gran Turismo game released (therfore not including demo's and Prologue's) has had the GT logo on it...GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4...I seriously doubt they will remove it for GT5.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for the sake of this threads integrity and setjur who has made complaints, I will no longer post regarding the issues that I have called into question, I encourage all involved to follow my lead.
We all have differing oppinions, so there will always be something that we all can't agree on, thats just part of being Human.;)👍
Peace,
Rusty*

Well Rusty I have to say that you are a brave man speaking your mind about the Nurburgring cover and the PD logo

When I was initially searching for a cover picture I ran across the same nurburgring picture and even a similiar Le Mans picture before fafat posted his cover but I decided not to use it for several reasons.

I can understand your frustration with how everyone is going gaga over a rather basic cover that uses a well known technique most likely just because it's a shot of their favorite track.

While a user dismissed my cover as a copy/paste from the internet that anyone can do I disagree.

My cover from post #142 is more then just a picture of a Ferrari. It's a picture of the inside of an EMPTY Ferrari with an emphasis on the empty seat. It's begging you to go inside and take it for a spin.

The cover, like the real GT covers, is not too complex nor is it too simple.

To me it wasn't about fancy special effects or clever photoshop work, it was about what the image says to the buyer.

Your cover art, with the world in the background also talks to the buyer. The only thing I did not like about it is that the car looks a little arcadey, like it belonged on the cover of an arcade game instead of a diehard sim racer. But an excellent cover all around.

btw, I did not put the PD logo on my cover because there isn't one on NTSC GT5P covers and because most of all it took away from the picture and was hard to photoshop on it :D

Last edited:
well, someone could put up a poll anyways.

I'm not sure, but the thread poster might have a habit of not coming on here very often (I don't know - purely hypothetical).

It's wouldn't be very repectful though - give it two more days 👍

Every major Gran Turismo game released (therfore not including demo's and Prologue's) has had the GT logo on it...GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4...I seriously doubt they will remove it for GT5.
See, here's the thing - now you are backtracking and putting in words like, "not including demo's and Prologue's". Last time I checked, GT4 and GT5 Prologue were fully-fledged, stand-alone releases of the game with sufficient content to render them more than just a demo. GT5 is out on the game shelves, right now, and it could be argued that it has more gameplay in it than most full-price games. As a true release, it does not have the red and blue logo, so your logic is flawed.

My off image:

image.php

Only on Playstation:tup:

hey everybody, im new here but been a fan of gran turismo since a long time hehe, im from venezuela and blah blah, that presentation stuff, this is how i see the box art of gt5..its in low res but, if necessary ill upload it on hi-res..what do u think?

gt5_box_art2401.jpg

hey everybody, im new here but been a fan of gran turismo since a long time hehe, im from venezuela and blah blah, that presentation stuff, this is how i see the box art of gt5..its in low res but, if necessary ill upload it on hi-res..what do u think?

gt5_box_art2401.jpg

I love it!

i'd love to see the Ferrari 599 XX on the Gt5 cover
boxgt5.jpg

and of course a picture of the nurb !
boxgt52.jpg
Damn, both of those are really beautiful!

I think it'd say something about GT if they could get away with giving a racing game a cover without any cars on it. ;)

The Ferrari one's better though. The nurb one, while hardcore fans might like, doesn't really have anything to catch the attention of the larger percentage of the buyers. It'll just confuse them and discourage them from buying it.

can I just ask how you intend to make a poll with 300 entries :D LMAO
LMAO!:lol:👍
That's sort of why I have given up on expecting a poll, like come on...pretty much all of the Cover art that has been submitted in here has...some admirable qualities....*Being careful what i say, so as not to stir up anymore ....* Ok then well on a lighter note I think its fair to say were all winners lol.:D
Rusty*

Sorry for bringing up an incredible old thread- but I admire everything in this thread- the pictures, the designs- some are different, others very original and artistic from the mind. I must say- I have quite a few of these saved in my "wallpaper collection" folder- fantastic pictures and ideas guys- maybe we could get another competition going?

Sorry for bringing up an incredible old thread- but I admire everything in this thread- the pictures, the designs- some are different, others very original and artistic from the mind. I must say- I have quite a few of these saved in my "wallpaper collection" folder- fantastic pictures and ideas guys- maybe we could get another competition going?

I'd be up for that :D

This would be my entry!

GT_CGT_Cover.jpg

👍

wow- that cover would be amazing- IS amazing! I gotta get photoshop on this computer.

if you were talking about me, then thank you very much :). All i did was i got a picture of a ps3 box, then got a picture of the lp560, cut and resized the picture, pasted it on the box, then i found some gt logos and then i selected the edges and moved it into the box, it wasnt that hard.

Back