Gran Turismo 5 Cars - "By The Numbers"

Does anyone here know, if the cars not coming back from GT4 were because of contractual reasons, or just lack of interest by fans, I will miss the ole auto union... :dunce: and the fact that I could use the 1886 Motorwagen on the nurb and see if I could do a lap from sunset before the sun would rise... :dopey:
I for one shall wait until someone unlocks every car in the game, but I think that will take some time.
Wait not for I will be a part of that rush for answers in a few days here.... I think PD left a few off the list for some surprises... 👍
I have known that Kaz likes to give surprises... hence his :sly: smile on occaison.
 
bugatti is owned by volkswagen.. technically german.
 
I would assume it's a licensing issue with the cars not carried over from gt4. As for the motor carriage and model t, I'd rather they stay out because they were just novelty cars. Noone raced them, but only collected them. The fewer the games they appear in, the more you cherish them. We have old VWs and the old fiat 500 to take their place
 
bugatti is owned by volkswagen.. technically german.



Wrong, it's built in France, so technically it's French. You might say that Rolls-Royce is german too, cod it's owned by BMW. Or Volvo is chinese, cos it's owned by Geely.


I think Ford is listed incorrectly as there should be American Ford & European Ford as the Focus isn't American. Also the focus WRC should be in British cars.

Otherwise, an awesome list. Thank you!
 
Ford is an American brand, so listing all their cars as American is right in my opinion. Manufacturers have different specs for cars, like the euro spec Focus, but we have the Focus here too. Games have always listed a car's origin based on the origin of its manufacturer.
 
Ford is an American brand, so listing all their cars as American is right in my opinion. Manufacturers have different specs for cars, like the euro spec Focus, but we have the Focus here too. Games have always listed a car's origin based on the origin of its manufacturer.

Need For Speed Shift actually listed some of Ford's euro-only products (Focus ST, Escort Cosworth) as Euro. My 2 cents.


11 Cars didn't make the cut:
......
.....
......
......
FPV F6 Typhoon
FPV GT

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
 
Well some manufacturers, like Mazda and Honda, have different specs listed in the cars names, like NA, EU, and J. I think that's enough of a hint
 
649 Japanese Cars

* 136 Nissan
* 100 Honda
* 96 Mazda
* 83 Toyota
* 72 Mitsubishi
* 36 Subaru
* 19 Lexus
* 16 Daihatsu
* 16 Suzuki
* 10 Acura
* 7 Hyundai
* 7 NISMO
* 6 Amuse
* 6 Infiniti
* 6 Spoon
* 4 Gran Turismo
* 4 Isuzu
* 3 Autobacs
* 3 MineÂ’s
* 3 RE Amemiya
* 2 BLITZ
* 2 HKS
* 2 Opera
* 2 Scion
* 2 Tommykaira
* 1 AEM
* 1 Dome
* 1 High End Performance
* 1 Mugen
* 1 TomÂ’s
* 1 TRIAL


lmao...hyundai? really? a japanese car? seriously?! i think you smoking your toe nails :odd::rolleyes: . hyundai is korean 👍

aem is an american tuning company, although in gt they have their s2k- but if hpa is under canada then this should be under usa.

there are more on this list that are questionable- take it like you want but dont post things without backup or proper info.

Relax! Your knickers are in a big wad causing your blood pressure to increase!
:crazy:

Take a cue from Justin's post above your post!
:)
 
11 GT4 Cars removed from the game;
Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamliner
Daihatsu Midget
Ford Model T Tourer
FPV F6 Typhoon
FPV GT
Hyundai Accent Rally Car
Mercedes-Benz Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Mercedes-Benz Daimler Motor Carriage
Nike One
Toyota ESSO Ultraflow Supra (JGTC)
Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car

I wonder why PD cut these cars from GT5?

I mean I can understand the concept cars, But the others.:confused:
 
Ford is an American brand, so listing all their cars as American is right in my opinion. Manufacturers have different specs for cars, like the euro spec Focus, but we have the Focus here too. Games have always listed a car's origin based on the origin of its manufacturer.



I know you have for example the focus too, but they are designed in europe so they don't really have anything except the brand in common with. Just like the American and Korean Chevrolet. An other case is for example the Honda Accord because all of the different region specs are practically the same car.
 
FPV F6 Typhoon
FPV GT

These are the cars I will miss the most:(

Along with the Holdens I used to like playing them off against each other (a hazard of being an Aussie, its a red vs blue thing:sly:).

Now I dont usually like to speculate, but im secretly hoping for some DLC, notably some Aussie DLC, in particular the 2010 versions of these cars somewhere down the track - you should check out the reviews for the FPV GT '10... Supercharged 5.0L - 335Kw 570Nm, and a 4.9 second 0-100.

But I digress this isnt the wishlist:guilty:
 
What are the seven Hyundai?
 
To me it seems like they just couldn't even be bothered to really add some more cars other than numerous variations on single models. Is it that they just couldn't be bothered getting the licensing or what?

In fact, when you compare the cars in GT5 to the cars in GT4, GT5 has seemingly gone backwards other than the addition of Ferrari and Lamborghini.

GT4 car list:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2836

GT5 car list:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132309

Besides the fact that that GT5 list you linked to is not complete and missing about a hundred cars:

TOTAL :
906 cars + 2 [DLC]
- 205 Premium
- 701 Standard
- 167 [NEW]

(I'm sure they will add the 125 cars missing from that list some point in the future)

Not only that but GT5 has not only added a dozen Ferrari's, seven Lambos, as well as three hundred new cars, most with drastically improved graphics and detailed interiors... then I would say its very safe to say that that is the strangest definition of backwards I've yet to hear.... seems pretty blatantly progressive to me.

That said, if you truly believe its backwards, I guess you can stick with playing GT4.
 
I just wanted to add that the Ford Focus is not an American car.
It has been developed in Germany and it is build in Germany.
 
They don't even sell Spanish cars, they just sell seats.
 
I know it was basically a prototype that could have been put into production but Protomotors didn't make the cut?

The Spirra was a FUN car to drive! I hate to see it go.
 
i know it was basically a prototype that could have been put into production but protomotors didn't make the cut?

The spirra was a fun car to drive! I hate to see it go.

the spirra is in! It's just under oillium motors instead of proto motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read the list better next time!!!
 
Call yourself a car fan and you don't even know Super GT? :dunce:

I could give two ***** about japanese anything.

WTCC, BTCC, DTM, Leman, ALMS.. that's where my interests are.
 
Just noticed the GT-R Proto is listed as standard. That's the one in GT5P that people were SURE was premium. I guess they were wrong. :sly:
 
Does anyone know whether the 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 has a 351ci or 429ci engine? I cant find any evidence as to what engine it has. The 1969 corvette shows us what engine is fitted and so do the dodges and plymouths in the car list,the ford is missing that info.
 
Yeah you're right. I guess it'll be the only Premium without a cockpit.
 
Back