Gran Turismo 5 Cars - "By The Numbers"

the spirra is in! It's just under oillium motors instead of proto motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read the list better next time!!!

That's odd, ouillim motors makes their version of the Spirra with slightly different body and a 2.7L Turbo engine, but apparently you can still get one made by proto motors with the 4.6L V8 on demand?

Interesting stuff.
 
Last edited:
Yeah you're right. I guess it'll be the only Premium without a cockpit.

I think you might be confused. The GTR Proto is premium, but the original concepts from 2001 are standard.
 
Does anyone know whether the 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 has a 351ci or 429ci engine? I cant find any evidence as to what engine it has. The 1969 corvette shows us what engine is fitted and so do the dodges and plymouths in the car list,the ford is missing that info.

Would most likely be the 351 as it was the standard engine. The 428 / 429 was a option basically called the drag pack.
 
Define "Production Race car"? :lol:
 
I could give two ***** about japanese anything.

WTCC, BTCC, DTM, Leman, ALMS.. that's where my interests are.

Me too. Though, I got to say I enjoyed using DTM & GT1 cars to kick the snot out of those JGTC cars.
 
GT4 and GTPSP cars that missed from GT5

GT4
Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamliner
Daihastu Midget '63
Ford Model T Tourer
FPV F6 Typhoon
FPV GT
Hyundai Accent Rally Car
Mercedes-Benz Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Mercedes-Benz Daimler Motor Carriage
Nike One
Toyota ESSO Ultraflow Supra (JGTC)
Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car

GTPSP
BMW Concept M5 '04
Peugeot 406 3.0 V6 Coupe '98
 
Last edited:
You missed the Daihatsu Midget '63 being dropped from GT4.
It's not the same as the Daihatsu Midget II '98 which remains.

Then for GTPSP, try looking a little further down the list;
809.S Peugeot coupé 406 3.0 V6 ‘98
 
GT4 and GTPSP cars that missed from GT5

GT4
Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamliner
Daihastu Midget '63
Ford Model T Tourer
FPV F6 Typhoon
FPV GT
Hyundai Accent Rally Car
Mercedes-Benz Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Mercedes-Benz Daimler Motor Carriage
Nike One
Toyota ESSO Ultraflow Supra (JGTC)
Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car

GTPSP
BMW Concept M5 '04
Peugeot 406 3.0 V6 Coupe '98

Thanks for this, I was wandering what else was missing, can't say I'll miss the Model T or the two Mercedes-Benz's! Suprised to see the FPV's on there though, I wander if they have been re badged or just scraped?
 
Great list man. Love to see the breakdown. You earn points for getting the DMC as American car. Sometimes gets confused as a British car,
 
Thanks for this, I was wandering what else was missing, can't say I'll miss the Model T or the two Mercedes-Benz's! Suprised to see the FPV's on there though, I wander if they have been re badged or just scraped?

The 2 FPV (to me) are a glaring omission, especially for a car that has already been in the series. The other cars on the list of dropped cars, are more of the fantasy variety bar one or two others. They havent been rebadged (at least in real life) and dont show up under Ford which would logically be the next best place. so it seems that PD have dropped them:tdown:.
As I speculated earlier, it must be because of the licence that PD had with FPV was a time based contract, or the faint glimmer of hope that there will be DLC:scared: (and a Aussie DLC pack, because we are severly under-represented in this game:grumpy:)
 
I would have liked to seen more V8 Supercars in the game.

Oh well it looks like I'm going to have to kick some Super GT 🤬 with the ten year old Tickford AU Supercar.
 
Last edited:
You earn points for getting the DMC as American car. Sometimes gets confused as a British car,

Well, the DMC-12 is a bit of a mongrel. It has a British chassis, an Italian body, a half-French/half-Swedish engine and it was built by an American-owned company in Northern Ireland.
 
The 2 FPV (to me) are a glaring omission, especially for a car that has already been in the series. The other cars on the list of dropped cars, are more of the fantasy variety bar one or two others. They havent been rebadged (at least in real life) and dont show up under Ford which would logically be the next best place. so it seems that PD have dropped them:tdown:.
As I speculated earlier, it must be because of the licence that PD had with FPV was a time based contract, or the faint glimmer of hope that there will be DLC:scared: (and a Aussie DLC pack, because we are severly under-represented in this game:grumpy:)

Agreed, an Aussie pack would be awesome (this is pure speculation of course). It would include Bathurst and a few other tracks, as well as a bunch of Holden/HSV and Ford/FPV road cars and of course the V8 Supercars.

Dear Polyphony Digital...
 
Agreed, an Aussie pack would be awesome (this is pure speculation of course). It would include Bathurst and a few other tracks, as well as a bunch of Holden/HSV and Ford/FPV road cars and of course the V8 Supercars.

Dear Polyphony Digital...

And Moffarts #43 SA22 RX-7 Plzzzzzzzzz ! And Brocky's DayGlo Group C VK.... Hell while were there add the Winfield GTR.
 
Absolutely. There was a lengthy discussion regarding the Winfield GT-R in the most desired car thread. Amazing car
 
Agreed, an Aussie pack would be awesome (this is pure speculation of course). It would include Bathurst and a few other tracks, as well as a bunch of Holden/HSV and Ford/FPV road cars and of course the V8 Supercars.

Dear Polyphony Digital...

THIS!👍

I was thinking of creating a thread/poll in regards to who would like a Aussie DLC pack (providing there is DLC).
But we'd only get us lot in there anyway, and we would all vote for it haha.

I was thinking, one track and maybe 5 cars.

Bathurst
Adelaide (old F1 GP track)
Phillip Island
As these are probably the most well known internationally, it would have to be out of one of those 3.

and for the cars I would say that Ford and Holden would prefer their latest models.

FPV GT 5.0 s/c
FPV F6
Ford XR6
Ford XR8
Ford XR5
HSV Clubsport R8
HSV GTS
HSV W427
Holden SS
Holden Sportswagon
Holden SV6

and even some Ute variants might get a look in:)

Than we have classic Australian race cars

Ford Falcon Phase III GT-HO
Ford Falcon GT Hardtop
Ford Falcon V8 Supercar (anything bar that ugly AU!)
Holden GTS 350 (HG)
Holden XU-1 Torana
Holden VL racecar
Holden V8 Supercar
Holden 24 Hour Monaro:tup:
Valiant Charger E38/E45
Ford Sierra Racecar
Gibson GT-R

these are probably the best well known Aussie racecars (off the top off my head, dont witchhunt me :scared:)

So 1 track, 5 Cars... what do you reckon?
I'd probably pay quite a substantial amount of cash to have that DLC!

But I digress off topic, sorry.
 
THIS!👍

I was thinking of creating a thread/poll in regards to who would like a Aussie DLC pack (providing there is DLC).
But we'd only get us lot in there anyway, and we would all vote for it haha.

I was thinking, one track and maybe 5 cars.

Bathurst
Adelaide (old F1 GP track)
Phillip Island
As these are probably the most well known internationally, it would have to be out of one of those 3.

and for the cars I would say that Ford and Holden would prefer their latest models.

FPV GT 5.0 s/c
FPV F6
Ford XR6
Ford XR8
Ford XR5
HSV Clubsport R8
HSV GTS
HSV W427
Holden SS
Holden Sportswagon
Holden SV6

and even some Ute variants might get a look in:)

Than we have classic Australian race cars

Ford Falcon Phase III GT-HO
Ford Falcon GT Hardtop
Ford Falcon V8 Supercar (anything bar that ugly AU!)
Holden GTS 350 (HG)
Holden XU-1 Torana
Holden VL racecar
Holden V8 Supercar
Holden 24 Hour Monaro:tup:
Valiant Charger E38/E45
Ford Sierra Racecar
Gibson GT-R

these are probably the best well known Aussie racecars (off the top off my head, dont witchhunt me :scared:)

So 1 track, 5 Cars... what do you reckon?
I'd probably pay quite a substantial amount of cash to have that DLC!

But I digress off topic, sorry.

Yeah this is probably worth its own thread but Im not allowed to start them yet so Ill just post here (sorry for anyone that's not interested).

If it could only be 1 track and 5 cars, it would have to be:

Bathurst

FPV GT 5.0 s/c
HSV GTS
FPV F6
FG V8 Supercar (with all liveries available)
VE V8 Supercars (ditto above)

Then it gets a bit tougher... I think we need 10 cars to keep it even, then the remaining 5 would be:

Bathurst 24 hr (Nations Cup) Monaro 👍👍
Phase III GTHO
A9X Torana
Sierra race car
Gibson GT-R
 
I want Bathurst badly as well! A V8 Supercar addon would be amazing!!! I'd pay $10 for Bathurst and 10 Premium cars. They would be fun as heck on The Ring too.
 
Well, the DMC-12 is a bit of a mongrel. It has a British chassis, an Italian body, a half-French/half-Swedish engine and it was built by an American-owned company in Northern Ireland.

100% correct, on the original delorean. The one featured in gt4 &5 is the DMC motor company out of Texas. They bought the rights to the delorean and all the left over original parts from the old factory. So they can build you a brand new 30 yr old car. That's why the date of the delorean in GT5 is '02.

Delorean nerd here.
 
Does anyone have shots of any interesting concept/prototype, custom or fantasy cars?

I'm interested in all that unusual stuff, all I've seen is the X1.
 
You'd have to ask the guys that have GT5 already, or flip through the car list yourself.
 
I want Bathurst badly as well! A V8 Supercar addon would be amazing!!! I'd pay $10 for Bathurst and 10 Premium cars. They would be fun as heck on The Ring too.

Kaz once told us in a conference, that Bathurst is not very far away from the world of GT5.... I think he wanted to, but budget contraints always limit his travels, by racing and putting the budget to running the Ring 24 I think he wanted physics right finally, if he has that then, the money should go for world locations.... Australia was an area he mentioned has a nice hardcore group of fans and racing enthusiasts... 👍
 
I'm glad he ran the 24H at The Ring. That is the track at the top of my list, and I am really looking forward to running on it. Bathurst isn't far behind though. It's so iconic, but I've noticed it is so only to huge race fans, or Australians. It's not as popular elsewhere in the world. That's unfortunate because it has so much history, and is home to some of the best racing in the world regardless of what cars are on track. It's also home to some pretty spectacular crashes, like the recent one coming down the hill. Blown rear tire, 7-8 rolls, guy hops out like it's nothing.
 
If you want to get technical on Country of Origin for manufacturers, Nissan is owned by Renault, I dont even think we have any car manufacturers in the uk anymore, most have been sold or gone out of business. Its a massive shame there's no Bathurst, I love that track on Toca on the pc, scary because its not very wide. Love it tho. I can see PD dlcing the **** out of this game. I remember reading a while back they'll have some sort of car request set up? If enough people were to request a certain car they'd make it. Be awesome if thats true
 
Thanks for this, I was wandering what else was missing, can't say I'll miss the Model T or the two Mercedes-Benz's! Suprised to see the FPV's on there though, I wander if they have been re badged or just scraped?

Thanx bro, but i have a mistake the Peugout 406 is in GT5, my bad
 
👎:grumpy:

Doesnt seem like theyve listened have they. Pleope have been screaming since the first game that this game is too heavy on the japanese cars. Let me guess too all the american cars will have jacked sounds too like they all have in the past.

Wow didn't know there where this many japanese car's
(642 Japanese Cars)

maybe PD should think about changing the name from Gran Turismo to Japanese Turismo ..

I know that was bad i'm Sorry:(

The worst thing about it is there are repeats, same car just different years. Just like theyve done with every iteration.

I think every GT game has had a huge amount of Nissan's I know GT4 sure did. How many GT-R versions were there, like 15?

Jerome

Yes they all have and everything people scream about it, theyre either not listening or they dont care. At this point Im leaning towards the latter.
 
I have to admit that I was expecting a couple of new gen Australian cars.... then after reading the final car list, and then seeing that my two fave cars (F6 & GT) had been dropping, I was really really dissapointed. I used to love racing my near stock F6 against R34 GTR's on the ring. I have no hope of an Australian DLC pack ever coming to GT5, but would happily eat my hat if one did.
 
I want Bathurst badly as well! A V8 Supercar addon would be amazing!!! I'd pay $10 for Bathurst and 10 Premium cars. They would be fun as heck on The Ring too.


I agree, I enjoyed the V8 Supercar venue and cars in TOCA 3 immensely.
 
Back