Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
The biggest reason I am tempted to agree with you is that no one, that I have seen, has taken a shot of the instruction manual and the contents of it.

That would be tough to fake, and do a lot to prove that they had the final release day version of the game.

Well now you mention it im still not 100% convinced by the back cover even. Have any official sources confirmed the back cover will look how we have seen? It could have been temporary all along which would explain the slightly unprofessional wording

How about the fact we've seen no evidence of the DLC cars. There's clearly a voucher for the Chrome or Stealth cars, and no one's downloaded them? Really?
They probably give an "invalid or previously used code" error if tried. It's probably a timed download and wouldn't be usable until the release date.

Listen guys, this can't be quoted enough.

A review copy is the same as a retail copy, the code is EXACTLY the same, it has to be because it is a review copy and it wouldn't make sense to review a game without having it (and maybe law would punish it). I'VE HAD A LOT OF REVIEW COPIES.

Review copy = complete game.
PREVIEW COPY = BETA.

Also... "this feature can only be used while online" is not the same as "this feature is not available on this version" AT ALL. It's not an online feature. It's a feature his disc doesn't have. Ergo his disc isn't the complete, final game.

The Forza 3 disc that was used for piracy was a review copy, it was an earlier build, yet somewhat final, of the game, it had the same features but had bugs the retail didn't had. Therefore PD could have removed or blocked feature on a review copy, but we haven't heard of reviewer playing the game, there is no review copy out there. Considering copies were stolen within a week after the "gold" announcement, those are retail versions, not reviews nor previews.

Also, Sony delayed GT5 for sdk 3.5 to prevent piracy, another achilles' heel for piracy on the PS3 is the PS Network, DLCs and updates. The game aren't run from the actual game launcher, but a custom software that doesn't check for copy protection, that software, in almost every game, can't run code that isn't on the Bluray disc. Sony and PD must have taken the decision to lock certain features out of the Bluray, like the museum, maybe tone down the damage, etc., until you do a very small day-1 update through the internet, you can still play it if you can't update the game, but you will be missing out. That's one possibility. It's what Forza 3 did with day-1 DLCs, since most people don't have a JTag xbox360, they are missing out.
http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=ps3-jailbreak&currentpage=2&s=7
this is to illustrate my argument, not promote piracy.

I really like the idea that they might have started printing the "wrong" game, hence the delay. Could explain a lot of things, especially the graphic glitches in replays on the cars.

Last edited:
RDK

Thanks RDK for your efforts, this is one of the best news I have ever heard of GT5 ! I as sure something fishy with those leaked versions of GT5...hopefully the full version is much better (especially arcade mode which it seems is lacking too much features)

Doesn't that make you hyped though you seem like a Photo man, his pictures look so good and he told me he is average photo taker. Imagine what you and the top picture takers can do!

They are nicely composed no doubt, but the only thing id change is Focus on the car, they will look so much sharper and the backgrounds more natural.

How about the fact we've seen no evidence of the DLC cars. There's clearly a voucher for the Chrome or Stealth cars, and no one's downloaded them? Really?

Explain to me how you could do it if the servers for anything GT5-related aren't up yet? Really, the lack of the DLC cars isn't surprising at all.

RDK, thanks for the continued Photomode shots, it's excellent to get more info 👍

Then Kazunori Lied?
yamauchi-discs.gif

I would like to shed light on the versions some users have. They are copies of GT5 but the first run that was pressed wasn't the gold version. The version that was pressed was preview code. Don't ask me how / why I know because those questions are not something I will answer.

Thanks

I'm sorry, but that manual also looks fishy. All black and white and not one single art or design in it. Especially the fact that there is no picture that explains the HUD.

GTXLR
RDK, are you still able to continue to progress in A spec Mode?

It's been answered already, yes.

So RDK can continue to play A spec and B spec modes to further progress but because he cant access the museum (or online modes) he doesnt have the full copy?
Hmmmm....:odd:

Gt5 will have..........

GT4 will have Online......oh no we took it out lol

I'm sorry, but that manual also looks fishy. All black and white and not one single art or design in it. Especially the picture where it explains the HUD.

There's also no legal info, which is really strange, as well. Even if that info is in game, it should be in the manual, as well.

One thing I found weird in the video showing practice tracks was that almost every track on the official track list was unlocked. Something that could indicate that this "version" is intended for testing more than anything else. And the track count is still hard to understand after so many years of development.

There's also no legal info, which is really strange, as well. Even if that info is in game, it should be in the manual, as well.

Another dead give away.

And tell me guys, what kind of game has NO display of the HUD for ANY game at all? You can't simply print out a manual and say what each part of the HUD means without using an image to point it out.

I'm sorry, but that manual also looks fishy. All black and white and not one single art or design in it. Especially the picture where it explains the HUD.

It depends on region, iirc.

NTSC = Color.
PAL = Black and white.

Correct me if I am wrong.

It's rather amusing that people simply take out of this, what they want to believe and are absolutely steadfast in their own convictions.

At this point, all we're really left with is a big question mark. This may still be the final retail version we'll all end up with. Or it may not be. There simply isn't enough evidence either way to prove anything.

Best Buy Oregon demo... as featured on the news page several months ago.

This error message was a result of trying to access 'My Home'. Is this an online feature as well? I think not.

screenshot20101116at339.png

Another dead give away.

And tell me guys, what kind of game has NO display of the HUD for ANY game at all? You can't simply print out a manual and say what each part of the HUD means without using an image to point it out.

Ok. I busted out the instruction manual for GT5 prologue to compare, and you're 100% correct.

Compared to the GT5 prologue manual, the GT5 manual shown here, is silly.

No way someone could do this error in a big corporation like sony (QA quality control, different layers of control, it is not that someone take a copy by error from kazunori desktop lol it doesent work like that)...
Thats like saying Mercedes didnt bring out the A 140 which had a high tendency to flip onto its roof or its like saying the original Audi TT wasnt dangerous or like the recent Lexus cars weren't being recalled because the brake master cylinder was faulty.

All these scenarios dic actually happen by the way. The original Mercedes A140 flipped over easily and needed to be recalled. The audi TT tended to spin and crash easily so it had to be recalled and the lexus (cant remember which model( had to be recalled this year because of a faulty brake master cylinder.

No matter how big or small the corporation is they will make a big mistake
at least once. To there is no reason this couldnt be the wrong disk being played by RDK and it may be the reason for the delay.

The Forza 3 disc that was used for piracy was a review copy, it was an earlier build, yet somewhat final, of the game, it had the same features but had bugs the retail didn't had. Therefore PD could have removed or blocked feature on a review copy, but we haven't heard of reviewer playing the game, there is no review copy out there. Considering copies were stolen within a week after the "gold" announcement, those are retail versions, not reviews nor previews.

Also, Sony delayed GT5 for sdk 3.5 to prevent piracy, another achilles' heel for piracy on the PS3 is the PS Network, DLCs and updates. The game aren't run from the actual game launcher, but a custom software that doesn't check for copy protection, that software, in almost every game, can't run code that isn't on the Bluray disc. Sony and PD must have taken the decision to lock certain features out of the Bluray, like the museum, maybe tone down the damage, etc., until you do a very small day-1 update through the internet, you can still play it if you can't update the game, but you will be missing out. That's one possibility. It's what Forza 3 did with day-1 DLCs, since most people don't have a JTag xbox360, they are missing out.
http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=ps3-jailbreak&currentpage=2&s=7
this is to illustrate my argument, not promote piracy.

sorry your analogy with forza3 doesent work it is a false analogy, in forza3 you need internet connection to use DLC...no internet connection to play the full game already present on the disk...

also : NO WAY sony would recquire internet connection to access the full GT5 game...this would kill millions of sales of the game (believe it or not but a lot of ps3 users do not have their console connected to internet)

You would also think the manual would have info on GT Auto and Racing Mods and collecting paint and other things...it seems there's a LOT of missing information in that manual. Remember, GT4 had the largest manual for a racing game. You'd think that GT5's manual would be larger than that.

Latest Posts

Back