[Gran Turismo 5 @ Gamescom 2010 August 18-22] Request & Meet-up thread

• Thread starter alba
  • 1,762 comments
It doesn't matter. Even stock still sounds better than GT5.

This video shows 2 BMW M5, so the sound is different. The cameracar is stock, but the other car driving close bedinde the stock version is modified. Read the description for the video.

PGR4 did a nice job of the M5. And it actually sounds like your inside the car. It has the nice sound of the motor purring considering you are inside the car so you can hear more of the motor and less of the exhaust. It's not perfect but it's definitely music to my ears. I know you would be more than happy if GT sounded like this.

The upshifts sound odd and not very well executed but the downshifts sound pretty good. Damn I miss this game, why did I sell my 360

I have a question...Will we be able to talk to our drivers through a mic in B-Spec mode?Similar to tom clancy's endwar?! Because I can see a mic in the pictures of the B-Spec menu.

PGR4 seems to have most of the engine sounds nailed, because every time these sound debates come up, someone undoubtedly shows a PGR clip and I'm practically always pleasantly surprised.;)
Come on Sony, fork out some cash and buy PD a decent sound department, It's about bloody time!:P

http://www.youtube.com/user/sootyferrari65#g/u
This guy has a lot of cars recorded from the cockpit view, and even with this ****** quality, they all still sound alive and powerful with nice intake pulsations of the V engines and whatnot, check it out!

Last edited:
Yeah PGR's sound is impressive. Almost all of the videos from that user sound incredible. The RX-7 sounds almost 100%. I remember playing that game back in the day and just cruising the RX7 on about 3500rpm, turn up the sound on my system and bass halfway full and just having an eargasm. And also, they absolutely NAILED the supercharger noise. Especially on the AMG and the Ariel Atom. Drool...

I think I need to buy another 360 just to hear these sounds again

I used to do that stuff with NFS titles on my PC(underground/most wanted), gameplay and handling were crap but my god, some of the cars sounded ****ing amazing! I remember harassing my neighbors with the mustang, lightly cruising just over idle...and then gaaas! That was fun! :)
Wish it had better physics/handling...
Speaking of supercharged engines, this SLR is just massive BRRRRRRRRR! :D:D:D

p.s. you're right, only upshifts sound kinda weird, maybe it's the delay to simulate shifting, don't know...

PGR4 did a nice job of the M5. And it actually sounds like your inside the car. It has the nice sound of the motor purring considering you are inside the car so you can hear more of the motor and less of the exhaust. It's not perfect but it's definitely music to my ears. I know you would be more than happy if GT sounded like this.

The upshifts sound odd and not very well executed but the downshifts sound pretty good. Damn I miss this game, why did I sell my 360

How many cars were in PGR4 ?

I used to do that stuff with NFS titles on my PC(underground/most wanted), gameplay and handling were crap but my god, some of the cars sounded ****ing amazing! I remember harassing my neighbors with the mustang, lightly cruising just over idle...and then gaaas! That was fun! :)
Wish it had better physics/handling...
Speaking of supercharged engines, this SLR is just massive BRRRRRRRRR! :D:D:D

p.s. you're right, only upshifts sound kinda weird, maybe it's the delay to simulate shifting, don't know...

Haha yeah I used to do that too with Underground 2. Good old PS2 days. If you want to hear a proper supercharger listen to the "Mercedes CLK-DTM AMG" from that user on youtube. :drool:

Sweeeet!:D The only one so far(haven't watched them all), which doesn't sound quite right is the Zonda, lots of bass, but almost no top end scream+that familiar howl throughout the rpm range...

is it stupid assume that PD wants to simulate the helmet sound effects rather than the cockpit sound effect??

Last edited:
I am sorry but after hearing Coolj's clean MP3 files I am more than happy now with the sound department it doesn't need to be perfect but it is good enough for me atleast.

I was talking about the burnouts, tyre marks and smoke but if you have to be negative about everything then ok, the invisible walls on the beta build are too close.

Negative about everything? I am not, I just noticed the invisable wall was only a few feet from the track thats all.

Blimey, it did move! Thought I was just tired from staring at the TVs, but as I'm not the only one... We can race a 747 in GT5. Now how about that! ;)

Back