Gran Turismo 5 is getting better - What still needs fixing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Risco
  • 91 comments
  • 6,785 views
Keep cutting down on the menu loading when the game first starts...I noticed they got rid of one of the screens with 1.06 patch...only 4 more to go now. The game should automatically (or have the option at a minimum) to automatically load into the GTlife section.

Bring back the old school tracks:

All previous rally tracks
Grindenwald
Palm Island
Red Rock
Motegi's
Test course
And above all SS-R 11

Get in some real world tracks:

Spa
Road America
Sebring
Brands Hatch
Snetterton
Silverstone

etc etc etc


Combine the A and B Spec endurance races, and bring back the speed up time option.

-PERMANENT- garage organization which always loads that way until changed by the user.



There are many others, but those are my top suggestions.
 
You can choose whether to save or not. Seriously what is it with you people and being against saving. Nobody in their right mind will stay up 24 hours, nor do I want my PS3 out of action for 4 - 24 hours at a time.

Seriously, what is it with you people thinking your entitled to save an endurance race. Your not forced to do it. Don't do it.
 
Tires strategy. Harder tires need to last longer, there is a huge aspect missing because of this.
 
Z1-AV69
Tires strategy. Harder tires need to last longer, there is a huge aspect missing because of this.

+1 absolutely I agree
 
Seriously, what is it with you people thinking your entitled to save an endurance race. Your not forced to do it. Don't do it.

troll.jpg
 
I'd like to see a "GT Fantasy" mode added. This is how I envision it:

- The time of day is dusk, with the sun just about to set, so the headlamps will be on
- The weather is clear, with no clouds
- You have a house in Lake Como where you have full access to all the cars which you have mapped as favorite in your garage
- The starting point will be the doors of your garage as you exit out of your estate, through the gates
- Part of the drive after your gates is through a forest where you can see the setting sun
- After the forest, you see the sun bouncing off Lake Como
- The rest of the drive will be up, and then down one of the hills/mountains in the area
 
I'd like to see a "GT Fantasy" mode added. This is how I envision it:

- The time of day is dusk, with the sun just about to set, so the headlamps will be on
- The weather is clear, with no clouds
- You have a house in Lake Como where you have full access to all the cars which you have mapped as favorite in your garage
- The starting point will be the doors of your garage as you exit out of your estate, through the gates
- Part of the drive after your gates is through a forest where you can see the setting sun
- After the forest, you see the sun bouncing off Lake Como
- The rest of the drive will be up, and then down one of the hills/mountains in the area
:drool:
 
Wow.

Please explain how it would ruin the enjoyment for you.

I also kind of have to agree with the guy you quoted because he is right, it would ruin how the races are "supposed" to be, but really who wants to leave their ps3 on for 40 hours straight doing one 24 hour race. **** that. Its just a waste of power for one and two keeping it hot and running is just not very good for it. Having the save would address this and if you really want to run it like its supposed to (24 hours non stop) then go ahead.
 
Tires strategy. Harder tires need to last longer, there is a huge aspect missing because of this.

Personally I notice that hard tires last A LOT longer then soft tires. Especially evident on my Speed 12 where it just destroys the softs in one lap and the hards last two or three.
 
I would like a save option in the endurance's. I also would like PD to change the B-Spec live timing screen back to what it was like in GT4
 
In no specific order:

1. Add save during the middle of an endurance race. If not all, at least in the nine hours and twenty-four hours races.

2. Less lags and disconnection online please. This is incredibly annoying when I find a race that suits me and then I get booted off and I'm sure others agree.

3. Increasing variety and difficulty in A-Spec. After completing nearly everything in A-Spec aside from Endurance, I was very disappointed with the difficulty level as it was too easy with few exceptions. It seems as long as you have a fast car, you can overpower others, which makes the game too easy. The variety in A-Spec is fine, but one aspect of variety that needs to be improved is the number of races. In Gran Turismo 3, Beginner, Amateur, and Professional Races each had like 30+ individual events. In each event in GT5, only nine is present. Considering we have six levels of general difficulties, each mode needs six more new events. Finally, there should be longer events for A-Spec and B-Spec, not to mention longer events/championships (There should be more five to ten races championships). Finally, where are the Rally events in A-Spec and B-Spec? I like for my Rally to have at least some uses after I complete the Special Events aside from online lobbies which aren't guarantee to have races.

4. More premium cars please. I for one don't mind standard cars and for cars with not much of a value, it's a good thing. I will say that I was disappointed that fantastic cars like the MINOLTA and XJR LM Race Car are standards along with the Viper GTS-R Team Oreca. More cars that people like to use a lot or historically significant cars should be made available in all of it's premium glory.

5. Matchmaking. I love lobbies and all, but sometimes, they're more annoying then enjoyable. I have come across many lobbies that lasted for hours without a race, which quite frankly IMO, is unacceptable. In most of these cases, I give up, leave, and find other lobbies. I want to race, not stall around for hours and waste time.

I'm not the only one who has been through this as I'm sure others here have as well, just that you haven't complained about it.

Matchmaking would require you to be ready in matter of a few minutes and you can get more enjoyable races more frequently. I'd be very happy if this was include because I'm sure many people will like this move.
 
I wish PD would fix the custom Background Music, so it could play without having to keep going back to the music menu to set it back to custom music after a few races. Sometimes it doesn't play at all after setting it.
 
Wow.

Please explain how it would ruin the enjoyment for you.

I didn't say it would ruin my enjoyment. I said it would ruin the race. It takes away the achievement involved in completing a 24 hour race with no save.

Imagine running the London marathon and after 3-4 hours of intense running you cross the line only to find that most people just hopped on a bus and rode to the finish line. Sure you can try to tell yourself that your individual achievement is somehow special but so many people being able to complete the same race as you but without having to put in the same gruiling effort makes your achievement meaningless.
 
- Get rid of the Used Car Dealership. I have been starting and leaving practice sessions to progress my "Days" forward to the point when the one car I want will be available. I still have 79 days to go before I can get it. Just let me buy the effing thing.
- Eliminate the trading limit of 1 per day. I tune cars and give them to my son so he can advance. I have a back log of six cars to give him because I have a job and a life and sometimes I cannot get to my PS3 before 7pm. Or sometimes a 2+ hour update gets in the way.
- Get rid of 75% of the Mazdas, Nissans and Hondas and put in some vintage race cars, or other cars that normal people might want. The fact that there are more Miatas than total Ferraris is a travesty.
- Have "Race modifications" actually give parts like racing tires. And if you've added some parts before Race-modding a car, it should keep those parts.
- Get rid of this stupid paint collecting thing. If I want to paint a car, I should be able to. I shouldn't have to go buy another car for a paint chip I can use once.

Or, in short, hire some developers. Good ones.
 
1- Replay controls (fast forward, rewind, frame advance)
2- G27 support
3- Up the 20mil cap (maybe 100mil)
4- Everyone's best lap time when race finishes (online races)
5- All the above
 
This is minor but in the Super GT championship, I'm pretty JGTC cars race on the GT configuration at Fuji without that dumb chicane.
 
1. All cars go premium
2. Leaderboards
3. More tracks
4. Same damage for all cars
5. That drag strip idea seems cool...... do that.

This will really make the game have that finished polished feel. Go PD.... Go.
 
A 700hp supra should not sound like a 300hp supra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbmdjcC58B4
Probably roughly a 500whp supra.

http://www.myspace.com/video/damoss/gtp-spinning/2778598 My old grand prix.

http://www.myspace.com/video/damoss/gtp-spinning/2778598
Even my grocery getter sounds beafier than many of GT5's cars.

http://www.myspace.com/video/damoss/messin-with-the-neighbors/776312 Yea yea, compressor surge isn't good, but it sounds very cool (I needed 2 BOVs). And, I have never seen a high hp high boost application that didn't have at least a small amount of compressor surge (Boost wash into the compressor wheel). Would LOVE to hear at least a resemblance of this in GT5.


As a car enthusiast I can't find any immersion into a car simulation that doesn't have the sound characteristics that it should.
 
- Eliminate the trading limit of 1 per day. I tune cars and give them to my son so he can advance. I have a back log of six cars to give him because I have a job and a life and sometimes I cannot get to my PS3 before 7pm. Or sometimes a 2+ hour update gets in the way.
- Get rid of 75% of the Mazdas, Nissans and Hondas and put in some vintage race cars, or other cars that normal people might want. The fact that there are more Miatas than total Ferraris is a travesty.
- Get rid of this stupid paint collecting thing. If I want to paint a car, I should be able to. I shouldn't have to go buy another car for a paint chip I can use once.
+1 👍
 
Let us do engine/chassis repairs with out paying more than the car is goddamn worth.

Bonnet view...
 
You do understand there are 3 drivers in a 24h race and each driver only drives about 3 hours at a time? Are you saying you will only get the achievement if you actually drive 24hrs non stop with no pausing? If so, grab some red bull, cocaine and some coffee and knock yourself out buddy.

The only way I would do a 24hr without a pause or save is if I had at least one other co-driver.

I understand why PD does not allow a save mid race or mid championship. It is to prevent cheating. If you have the ability to save, you could make a big mistake in a single race or lose one or more races of a championship and then reload a save file and try again without having to start over.

I didn't say it would ruin my enjoyment. I said it would ruin the race. It takes away the achievement involved in completing a 24 hour race with no save.

Imagine running the London marathon and after 3-4 hours of intense running you cross the line only to find that most people just hopped on a bus and rode to the finish line. Sure you can try to tell yourself that your individual achievement is somehow special but so many people being able to complete the same race as you but without having to put in the same gruiling effort makes your achievement meaningless.
 
AI needs to be more realistic: block you when overtaking.

They already do that and has done that since 17th Nov when I got got the game.
They are doing suicide lane changing when you approach them at 200KM/h faster than they are.
Truly suicidal.
 
MORE CARS!!! Let us have Koenigsegg's and Ariel's!!!
 
1. Bring Back Test Course
2. Bring back 1/4 Mile
3. Include all cars taken out from GT2 & GT4.
4. Include all previous tracks that have been killed off through the series.
5. Include Nitrous for 1/4 mile racing ONLY!!
 
I'd like to see a "GT Fantasy" mode added. This is how I envision it:

- The time of day is dusk, with the sun just about to set, so the headlamps will be on
- The weather is clear, with no clouds
- You have a house in Lake Como where you have full access to all the cars which you have mapped as favorite in your garage
- The starting point will be the doors of your garage as you exit out of your estate, through the gates
- Part of the drive after your gates is through a forest where you can see the setting sun
- After the forest, you see the sun bouncing off Lake Como
- The rest of the drive will be up, and then down one of the hills/mountains in the area

I would love this......its amazing.....maby have some historic an well know drives? like that highway in cali right on the cliffside...or some beautiful hawaii jungle?
 
There are a lot of great suggestions in this thread and I'd like to see a lot of them implemented in a future update. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I sure would like to see it.

Tuning/Setup saves

This would eliminate the need to buy multiple copies of the same car just to have different tuning setups for different applications.

Currently I buy multiple copies of cars and tune them differently for different applications/tracks. For the cars that I don't have multiple copies of, I document different tunings in a spreadsheet. It takes a lot of time and effort prior to a race to have to go into my spreadsheet, check the tuning for the track that I have developed, then change the tuning on the car... all of which could be eliminated by allowing multiple tuning setup saves for each car (much like Forza has).
 
Last edited:
Z1-AV69
Tires strategy. Harder tires need to last longer, there is a huge aspect missing because of this.

Couldn't agree more!
 
Back