Gran Turismo 5 is getting better - What still needs fixing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Risco
  • 91 comments
  • 6,785 views
Different times to race. Sunrise, sunset, night time, rain i rely expected gt5 to have all this and even more but duno y they didnt think to add more track features n stuff. There on the right track tho which is good, hope theres more great updats in the near future.
 
It would be nice to have an option to keep your tyres durring a pit stop.
 
I'd like weather options for all tracks.

Also, I think I remember a little weather forecast in GT5 Prologue, which made me think... if GT5 had the option to load track weather/time according to the track locality's current weather/time, that would be pretty cool!
 
We need more rally tracks + more rally cars etc. There is a lack of tracks in the game would love to see more old school ones from previous GT's.

Also a option for a twin turbo upgrade aswell ;)
 
1. an option to save while going to pit in longer race series or endurance races
2. monthly DLC, both cars and tracks.
3. taking a high number of nice standard cars to premium
4. more clever b-spec bobs, that can brake later and therefore overtake:banghead:
5.more a spec races (like seasonal events) every week + seasonal events and more races for b-spec
 
they should just have ALL premium cars. and how come the gt5 series never has the
british touring car championships in the game? and why on earth is the veyron on the standard car list? and wouldn't hurt to have smarter AI. otherwise what we got are Artificial Stupidity. I'm on level 23 right now after doing the S license and some of the special events.. yeah yeah i know i'm behind, but the other night i raced the Polyphony Digital Championship or whatever it's called on the extreme series with my stock 458 italia, added some slicks and won with complete domination. it just doesn't make sense. in real life, a gt race car would probably be 5 seconds a lap quicker than a normal ferrari road car.


edit: bring back the photomode/phototravel setup the way it was with gt4. this new one is GARBAGE.
more selection of wheels
engine transplant - it happens in the tuning and racing world all the time
better RM liveries
more challenges
ability to change the weather and, or time of day on any given course.
maybe a co driver on the rallye stages - just to make it more realistic. WRC has co drivers talking to you in real life...
i mean, it's a simulator after all.

sigh... i could go on believe me... update more cars in the game!!! and i hope they update and include the newest bmw line up..
 
OK I love the game but boy it needs looking at, that last upgrade was a hit in my book but more is needed, it still feels like only half a game to me and second its lagging behind in a lot of ways to many of the other race/driving genre out there

1/ Sort out the lazy lifeless A1`s they don't race the tracks they just drive them

2/ Random weather pattens across the whole game and not just in a few races

3/ Bring back some of the tracks from previous GT`s like apricot and tahiti rd etc in fact why are all these tracks missing?

4/ subcategories in your garage for WRC and race cars etc

5/ more options in the pits IE car set ups oil changes etc

6/ more time change races day/night

7/ give us proper damage or don't bother with damage at all

8/ Lose this bumper car effect if you hit a car or barrier there should be consequences not just bounce off and be on your way

9/ sort out this standard and premier nonsense, all cars should be premier even if that means losing a few, I for one would sonner have 500 premier cars than 20%P & 80% S,

None of the above is a gripe just think for this day and age the above should now be the norm for this genre not the hoped for.

Could Polyphony Dig. pleeeease get on this site and look at posts like this ^^^?!?! You've more or less taken the words right out of my mouth...especially numbers 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
plus at least some variations in the car engine noises would boost the game a huge deal; not only do they sound nothing like real cars, but a lot of the cars in the game sound very similar...it baffles me how they could make (1/5 of) the cars so incredibly detailed while completely overlooking the sound they make.
Anyway, I digress, I completely agree with the above post's ideas and feel that PD really need to listen to what we are all saying and use their evident genius to fix these numerous problems.
 
Practice and qualifying in the championships

Being able to save in between races in the championship
 
"Stock Car" mode online, where your car, whatever it is, will be completely stock

Also, lightning and fog. Especially fog.
 
I think we should worry more about PD fixing the simple stuff that GT5 does wrong before we start going on about how there needs to be difficult stuff like more cars or tracks or whatever. Stuff like saving in championships, more events, fixing the game economy, removing the credit limit, returning the prize car system to the way it was in GT4 (or, even better, GT2) and fixing the cars with incorrect specifications should be first priority.

Though I would be a liar if I didn't think that fixing it so custom soundtracks work online shouldn't be something that should get big attention.




I didn't say it would ruin my enjoyment. I said it would ruin the race. It takes away the achievement involved in completing a 24 hour race with no save.
It is literally no different from simply pausing the game and leaving.

Imagine running the London marathon and after 3-4 hours of intense running you cross the line only to find that most people just hopped on a bus and rode to the finish line. Sure you can try to tell yourself that your individual achievement is somehow special but so many people being able to complete the same race as you but without having to put in the same gruiling effort makes your achievement meaningless.
This is the least applicable analogy ever created.
 
Last edited:
I agree with you Tornado, the simple stuff should be the easiest to fix. I also agree 100% with Andy LK, what a great list, you took the words right out of many players mouths I'm sure.

I am annoyed daily with the bumper car collision physics, way below average sounds for the cars, and ridiculous amount of button presses it requires to buy and install parts. These may be too big for PD to fix quickly, not sure.

However there are many small ones like the center diff resetting to the nearest number in increments of five. For example if you have a 73/27 split and exit the tuning screen and reenter or race it will be set to 75/25. PD keep your grubby hands off my tuning. Another easy one would be the hollow bathtub thud you hear when you have collision in the bumper cam or cockpit view.

I just wish PD had a real place to go and post our issues, one were we would know they are reading and participating in, something they could learn from many other devs like Turn10/ Bungie/ and whoever makes TDU2.
 
- More A-Spec Events
- Saving during Championship races and Endurance races
- Fix the flicking shadows and smoke
- More tracks
- Improve AI
- Add a save to USB option for pictures
- Qualifying
- Improve textures for standard cars
- Remove the awful shaking effect in cockpit view
- Increase money awards for events
 
Remember, Kaz wanted 2 more years to complete the game (alot of TIME).

Numerous ways to make a game better, we have our likes and dislikes.

1. A mid race save feature for Endurance Races only, I can not and will not run my PS3 for more than 10 hrs.

2. New tracks would be nice, add some F1 circuits.

3. I wish they could have got most of the F1 teams like Nascar/Super GT. Too bad they did not do a RB F1, but instead we get a hideous X1 👎

4. Las Vegas Drag "Strip" along with the Test Track.

5. 530 premium cars are better than rehashed HD rendered Standards from GT3 and GT4. And as said earlier, we have more Miatas/MX-5 than Ferraris/Aston Martin/Jaguar combined. Why keep the Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car without its counterpart Holden Commodore Race Car? I want more Aussie muscle.
 
1. Bring Back Test Course
2. Bring back 1/4 Mile
3. Include all cars taken out from GT2 & GT4.
4. Include all previous tracks that have been killed off through the series.
5. Include Nitrous for 1/4 mile racing ONLY!!

+1 for this i want that renault F1 minivan from gt2:lol:
 
- The night on Toscana is too much dark.
- Custom tracks sometimes have their signals inverted. And no reverse option.
- Smoke glitching with other elements (specialy cars) is acceptable while racing, but can mess most of my photos.
- More filters on Online Mode.

So far thats all i remember...
 
Good car sounds! that would make the game how it is 100 times better!
 
-More Real World Tracks
-Test Track
-Mixed Surface Rally
-More Gauges Options
-Disable Gear Suggestion Light
 
I can´t hear the horns... specialy with stage 3 of muflers...
 
If PD are reading this then they'll probably be banging their heads against the wall saying "can these racers ever be totally pleased?"

Anything they do now with GT5 is talking manpower away from GT6, it will be 5 years away as it is!

They probably have put everything they had into GT5 and people are still wanting more, probably rightly so - I don't know.

I do like the updates though, there have been some really good changes.
 
It needs much less confirmation boxes! There's no point confirming that you've received no experience, and I don't even see why you should confirm how much money you've earned. There should at least be an option to disable all these confirmation boxes. I'd much rather get the money added without having to click OK every single time. And does it really have to ask me the same thing three times? Particularly with the PSN down at the moment, can't it remember that you've told it not to connect to the PSN, or does it really have to keep asking you the same thing repeatedly?

IMO, there's so much confirming going on that it's actually starting to get really annoying. But maybe that's just me? :irked:
 
hmmm....more tracks needs to have weather effects.
and STANDARD CARS.They better make them premium :)
 
They also need to make the scratchy litte text much bigger, I have to press R1 to get a proper butchers at anything. I mean why not make it big in the first place and then you won't need a zoom button? 💡
 
BTW 💡 i want a livery editor
 
I think there should be a pause and a rewind button so begginers have a better chance if they crash and the pros should just ignore it

All paints availible but put a price of say 1000 credits for which ever one you want

There should be an option where if you bout a Nissan micra then you should be able to put a Nissan gtr engine in it

Better tuning like forza. On there you can change the ignition The pistons. The drive terain everything which makes the car alot better

Label the tyres better there should be comfort : soft medium. hard. Sports : soft. medium. hard. Racing : soft. medium
Hard

There should be a ferrari formula like the seasonal event. On a spec and b spec

Shorten the amount of laps on b spec

More premium cars

Trading over 1million credits should be allowed and if the other person your trading with doesn't send the car within 10 minutes then the car should automaticly sent back

Tone the colours down in the background the grass looks to unrealistic

Definalty needs a 1/4 mile. 1/2 mile and 1 mile drag strip with the lights in the middle

Needs q drifting course

A top speed course

A handling course

More gt4 tracks

Anyone who owned gt4 before should be able to put the cars from there to gt5
 
Weather effects reminds me of something, and I'm sure I've mentioned it somewhere before, but it would be great that at least once you've gotten gold in a respective A-Spec event, or reached a certain level, or were able to unlock it in some other way, that you could configure every single A-Spec event, i.e. change weather and time, and configure the number of laps you want to run, and select the competition. Just as it is in part possible for the practice events, but with the difference that it would be A-Spec, and it would earn you experience and money accordingly.
 
BTW 💡 i want a livery editor

Yes, same here! I hate the fact that you can't even chose to just paint one of the two colors of a two-toned car. Why is it paint everything or nothing?
 
On the top of my list: adjustable cockpit head shake
 
I don't want saving for endurance races, and that might take a lot of memory anyway.

I DO want saving in championships. (I am looking at you Formula GT.) Easy to do and not too much memory needed.

The easy wins were fun for awhile, but AI needs to put intermediate tires on at least when it looks like it is raining.

More sort options needed, such as having a minimum certain tire, or an exact certain tire (even if not currenly on the car).
 
I think this has been touched on already on this thread but I would really like a system where you could say.... select all Audi 4x4's and fit sports softs and change all the selected cars at once in a couple of seconds.

It would come up with an instant price for the work.



You could also use it to say.......sell all the cars under 50 bhp or change the oil in all LMP cars over a certain mileage.

It would save the hours that I'm spending going through all my best cars and changing the tyres.


Call it GT Auto Extra or something. 👍
 
Back