Gran Turismo 5 - Prologue: My Lap Time Chart > All Cars Raced (03/10/10)

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 39 comments
The Lancia and California will be the ones to watch, maybe the Viper as well.

But your R8 and Citroen GT times aren't what they could be (no offense).

The trick with those two cars, is to throw them into the corners as hard as you can and let them claw their way out. Sometimes you need a bit of a flick to get the car pointing in more, but a bit of oversteer in those cars goes a long way to better lap times.

A few examples would be the tight corners immediately before the bridge (from the start, there's a downhill run to T1, a left hander T2, another right for T3, and then you've got T4 and T5 before the bridge, and I'm talking about T4 and 5). Chuck those car in as fast and wide as you can, but make sure there's NO understeer at all. Use a flick or whatever to get the nose pointing in and then gun it out, it'll get you straighter through the apex of t4 and you won't even notice (hopefully) t5, and bam instant 15km/h faster exit speed onto the bridge.

None taken, and thanks for the tips mate :). I'll probably take another shot with them when I start doing re-runs (the red cars in the chart) with your tips in mind :).

Anyway, I just updated the chart and added another summary in the original post, so check it out if you want :). It includes the Vipers and the California, among others.

Another update and new summary added. Check original post for details.

10 new cars added, including untuned Evo X, the WRX and the Lexus IS F.

Another update and new summary added. Check original post for details.

10 new cars added, including untuned Evo X, the WRX and the Lexus IS F.

Nice one. Im surprised the evo x is that much faster than the ix! (since its heavier and doesnt seem to have much of an advantage all round)

Nice one. Im surprised the evo x is that much faster than the ix! (since its heavier and doesnt seem to have much of an advantage all round)

Yeah, me too, to be honest. It handles better and the shifting is super fast (it's got a DCT transmission), might have been enough. It certainly is an improvement over the older one, in GT5P at least :lol:

Chart updated at last and a new summary added to the original post, feel free to comment :)

Last edited:
Chart updated and a new summary added to the original post if anyone is interested :dopey:

Only the Tuned Ford GT remains, it'll be a handful for sure! :scared:

I'm gonna do something similar around Daytona Road Course. I call it the Grand Am Challenge. :P in hour of the Grand Am Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona that takes place there. So far I've only done a sinlge car and it wasn't such a good lap. Will do better.

I'm gonna do something similar around Daytona Road Course. I call it the Grand Am Challenge. :P in hour of the Grand Am Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona that takes place there. So far I've only done a sinlge car and it wasn't such a good lap. Will do better.

👍

I like! :). Be sure to post it here on the forum and keep us updated :)

i did this on the same track, we'll have to compare them ;) I'm pretty much at the same level as you. Average to quick, Milliseconds in it

Last edited:
i did this on the same track, we'll have to compare them ;) I'm pretty much at the same level as you. Average to quick, Milliseconds in it

Awesome 👍. I replied your PM :).

I updated the chart with the one car that was left, the Tuned Ford GT :). Also added a small summary in the original post.

This track is one of my all-time GT favorites, probably only bested by Trial Mountain :drool:.

Back