Gran Turismo 5 Release Date?

• Thread starter Sele1981
  • 1,100 comments
March 2010, FOR JAPAN, which isn't even a solid date. Still tentative. Americans could very well be getting this game some time next summer the way it looks.....

Chronos
My gut feeling is it'll be ready for shipping in march for all but I hope I'm wrong.

I posted it 4 weeks ago when everyone was saying its definitely this year and we had Jordan saying "we know the date and you'll like it" or something like that.

So what happened to the source and the nailed on December talk?

EDIT: Not saying I'm right because it could be longer for us but mainly asking about all this inside info.

Will the releasing of pretty thin info ever end. Seriously disappointed about the biggest carrot and stick story I have seen in ages. Im really loosing the excitment of ever playing this game to be honest. We have been privy to so much info thanks to the internet (what cars, damage, head turning, live pit crews, posting video to you tube etc) when it comes to playing the game there aint gonna be much to ever produce the wow factor, apart from visuals which we are be bombarded with at the moment.

I'm thinking... maybe a little later than October...

Okay, I have a sad sense of humor. :P But you have plenty of time now to save up for those racing seats and G27s.

they got to bring an spec iv for prologue otherwise peopla gonna freak out... we all know that we all will love this man when its march... but at this moment the dissapointment is too high...

I think Sony/PD is joking with us and have fun with all that dissapointment...

wow.... half a year. and it comes out at the end of winter. sucks to have to see 40 ft of snow again before i can get gt5. No updates to GT5P sucks even more.

It's March 2010 for Japan, but December 2009 for Europe and North America. It's the Japanese who have to wait this time.

Sorry I just made that up. I wish that was the case.

well the PSPgo is 1 month later for Japan...I wouldn't be too surprised if it's a December release.....

But then again........at 65% with only 3 months....nahhhhhh

I keep hearing people saying the 65% completion thing today, but couldn't find the source. Who/when/where actually said that GT5 is only 65% complete? Any link?

Kaz said in E3 that GT5 was ready to ship at any time... at 65% completion? Well, of course, GT5P is like GT5 at 20%, so they may very well ship a 65% GT5 Prologue 2 at any time.

Sorry but PD have been caught with their trousers down after watching Forza 3 - KY had better stop messing about going to car shows and get his team to pull their finger out!!

I keep hearing people saying the 65% completion thing today, but couldn't find the source. Who/when/where actually said that GT5 is only 65% complete? Any link?

Kaz said in E3 that GT5 was ready to ship at any time... at 65% completion? Well, of course, GT5P is like GT5 at 20%, so they may very well ship a 65% GT5 Prologue 2 at any time.

mag1.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5366437/gran-turismo-5-is-65-complete-apparently-but-ffxiii-is-nearly-done

Sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings...... but for me right now I dont trust any sources about the release date including Sony and Polyphony digital.....

I only believe in KAZ'S words......

Well i remember some time ago in a interview heard this words "sooner thant you think","short after psp release".Is march 2010 sort after psp release,i wouldn't say 5 months is short time,and who god knows if in march will be delayed again and again.
Kazunori Yamauchi shouldn't tell this lies.If he would said 2010 release,everybody would have been happy.But you don't say soon and then you see that soon is 5 months.Really want to know what this guy understands the meaning of the word soon.

i.m very dissapointed by this news. i still think |GT5 will be a great game but i fear they are killing there own franchise like this. with every bit of news comes a load of dissapointment. i sometimes think KAz should shut up before he hurts GT5 reputation too much and kills alott of sales this way.

i.m very dissapointed by this news. i still think |GT5 will be a great game but i fear they are killing there own franchise like this. with every bit of news comes a load of dissapointment. i sometimes think KAz should shut up before he hurts GT5 reputation too much and kills alott of sales this way.

The problem is, a large number of fans think the exact opposite. They believe Kaz should tell us more, in fact they demand more. Impatient.

The boards where i'm joined are very very ungry and tired about this continuous changing of declarations ..
Before GT5 is ready ... after... march 2009 but in Japan ..

This is the biggest assist for the XBOX .. business ... (IMHO)
and BGates says "SAYONARA" :nervous:

So I have to upgrade my pc for GTR ....

I-R

Excuse me for my "humor" but this time i'm very very disappointed ...
every time i forgot that i work for a japan company (not sony) so they
never change .. at the end !

I know people will say that other games will launch in the following period,but stil this news about gt5 is a big dissapointment.Maybe in march they will say that they will launch it in june,in son guarantee that march is final date.
Well i will go to buy and xbox and will buy forza and have fun,lucky that forza is not delayed.In they battle polyphony already lost a battle because forza will have a massive sells,microsoft will have a 5 month advantage over gt5.

Back