Gran Turismo 5 Release Date?

• Thread starter Sele1981
  • 1,100 comments
no but forza2,forza3 or Race Pro from Sim Bin... Sony lost this fight... hope they will do it better on ps4...

Only my opinion...

If you wanted to play Forza 2, why haven't you already bought an XBox360?

Buying consoles based on what the other consoles don't have yet seems a little... well... arse-about-face to me.

Good luck on Forza 3 turning up before GT5 does.

If you wanted to play Forza 2, why haven't you already bought an XBox360?

Buying consoles based on what the other consoles don't have yet seems a little... well... arse-about-face to me.

Good luck on Forza 3 turning up before GT5 does.

Even more to the point, have fun playing Forza while we all indulge in GT5 when it finally does come out, and what a game it will be!:D

Wow. That degenerated very quickly into accusations.

Last time I bought a console, I did so because it had features I liked. I don't ever recall buying one because the others didn't have features I liked.

Last edited:
Why wait for GT5 when we have a real car sim, Ferrari challenge, and supercar Challenge, and then forza 3, 2009. Gt5 has never been sim ever. many cars and nice graphics is the only one. 90% of those who play gt5's crash sim players !!!!! crap game you ask me!!

And, yes buy a Xbox360 you, for now, you have real reason, Racer Pro comes in 360, feb 2009. There you have the big guys run the sim,:) So you young guys have GTP-GT5 for themselves:)

It's again that same old interview with Importtuner they're talking about. So, there is no need to worry.

Yeah, I linked this back to this interview: http://www.importtuner.com/features/impp_0811_gran_turismo_5/page1.html

It seemingly is from 'Import Tuner' Nov '08. Nevertheless, the interview kind of sounds old-ish... :confused:

That's because it ís from an old interview, the questions and answers are exactly the same as in this topic from October 8th. Just some crappy site bringing old stuff as 'news'.

Why wait for GT5 when we have a real car sim, Ferrari challenge, and supercar Challenge, and then forza 3, 2009. Gt5 has never been sim ever. many cars and nice graphics is the only one. 90% of those who play gt5's crash sim players !!!!! crap game you ask me!!

Of course it's a sim. It may not be the most realistic sim but hell it's the most fun one out there.

And, yes buy a Xbox360 you, for now, you have real reason, Racer Pro comes in 360, feb 2009. There you have the big guys run the sim,:) So you young guys have GTP-GT5 for themselves:)

And a sim is very fun when played without good force feedback.
If you don't want to wait till GT5 it's best to switch to a pc instead of a xbox360 in my opinion.

Why do people assume that since it's in an article it must be official. The only official release date will be announced by Sony.

Why do people assume that since it's in an article it must be official. The only official release date will be announced by Sony.

It's not really the fact of being official or not, but the big argument over the last few days was because this was a very very old article...and they happened to post it just the other day, so lots of people joined the train and it turned out to be a bloody fanboy war. :grumpy:

no but forza2,forza3 or Race Pro from Sim Bin... Sony lost this fight... hope they will do it better on ps4...

Only my opinion...

HAHA you sound like an Xbot

Sony did not loose fight.
Forza 3 God knows when is that coming out ( and seems it's like its going to be Forza 2.5, because Forza 2 is so simular to Forza 1 and its not even NEXT GEN)
Race Pro seems like water down version of PC version.
Xbox has no decent wheels
and Froza 2 is arcade/sim game compared to even unfinish GT5P.

My opinion Xbox lost.

Race pro is competition to Ferrari challenge
Ferrari Challenge team is now making a new game with SUPER CARS. Exclusive to PS3
There is F1 game that's one of best for consoles.
So yeah PS3 won over Xbox in race department.

IMO nothing but GT5 and Rfactor Cuts it for me here, why ? All the other games named are may I say rubbish in a way, Lets look at forza 2 that game has as much content as GT1 physics wise its nothing great and iam having a hard time identifying the graphical differences between GT4 at 1080i and Forza 2 @ 1080i yes something look better but its a hardly noticable difference.
The Simbin games, those games I have had enough of those games, lets take a look GTR,GTR2,RACE,RACE 07, GTR EVO, STCC, those are simbins games for PC now the problem is that each game runs on the same dam ISI rfactor engine which is in its self outdated and each game offers for a full games price the amount of new content you get in a mid range rfactor mod, I just said the engine is outdated and that i like rfactor :P, but rfactor is a 2004 game with its sequel in production not to mention it is nice when you have so much free content for it.
System 3's FC and new comming SCC, I had enough of that company after FC its enough to say they didnt even match in game content to the backcover by about 50%, and to fix a graphical problem instead of working on it they toned the graphics down until the fans started complaining and im not fond of wasting 100au on SCC which will only have 40 cars well on the backcover it will say 40 will it be 20 this time ;)?

GT5 must be out in 2009. PS3 released in NoV 2006.I think I bought PS3 before PD.Kazu said we will 4 years in development for gt5 on ps3...IF gt5 doesnt perfect i dont want to trust and believe. Kazu said again this is gran turismo a little bit late. Ok time is up to me in 2009..Just release gt5 in 2009 later they can put extra content with update...Let me know how much complete GT5.Open feedback blog or website..This is our lifes game..Kazu can be close GTfans.More feedback more tolerant..If you ask me i dont want damage more single races and online structure is enough to me. My predictions 2009 fall japanese version Q1 2010 PAl and Us version. Cant wait E3 2009 and oh before that GDC 2009 in March

HAHA you sound like an Xbot

Sony did not loose fight.
Forza 3 God knows when is that coming out ( and seems it's like its going to be Forza 2.5, because Forza 2 is so simular to Forza 1 and its not even NEXT GEN)
Race Pro seems like water down version of PC version.
Xbox has no decent wheels
and Froza 2 is arcade/sim game compared to even unfinish GT5P.

My opinion Xbox lost.

Race pro is competition to Ferrari challenge
Ferrari Challenge team is now making a new game with SUPER CARS. Exclusive to PS3
There is F1 game that's one of best for consoles.
So yeah PS3 won over Xbox in race department.

Um, Forza 3 isn't very far off. In fact, it might actually be out in 2009/2010 by the looks of it. BTW, since neither you nor I know anything about FM3, it's too early to say it's FM2.5. That's like me saying GT5 is just going to be GT4.5 when I know nothing about the full game.

At everyone in the topic:
I realize we get our share of Xbox fanboys, but some of our PS3 supporters aren't any better. Nox, your post I'm quoting is on the brink of typical [Insert Console] fanboy.

I must say I never bought my PS3 for GT5 or for any game for that matter at the time. I bought it because I liked the wide ranging features it had other than just the gaming element.

Does seeing so many good racing titles coming out on 360 annoy me? well to some extent I wish that I could afford both consoles to get in on Forza 2/3 Race Pro etc but im not about to say 'screw you sony' and jump ship just for that reason.

GT5 will come when it comes, even if it didnt make its 09 release im not too fussed. Im more fussed about the promised fall update for GT5P which we still havent recieved... I still think GT5P has milelage in it.

Robin

Back