Gran Turismo 5 secret menu

I assume you meant not random cars, but a random order of the cars one selected. When in arcade just limit your opponents to 15 cars. You will end up #12 of a 16 car grid and all 15 different cars that were selected you will race against. Also there is a box that must be checked to limit to those selected cars or it will not work.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I was in town when I saw your post.
Please explain how to use it. I picked the cars I wanted to compete against but where do I race them?
To pick the cars you want to compete against, select "Favorite Opponents" and go to "Register". From there you can check what you want and then choose "OK".

Then go to "Special Settings" and turn on "Limited Opponent Cars" and press "OK". The secret menu applies to arcade mode, so if you want to race the opponents you chose, go to arcade mode and then "Single Race" and once you start the race, it should have the opponents you chose. ;)
the game will select the cars randomly.
Normally it would, but once you turn on "Limited Opponent Cars", it's pretty much up to you what you challenge.

Edit: Interesting thing to note is if you limit the cars to ones that can't run on dirt or snow and then try to race on a dirt or snow track, you will be challenging the car your driving instead of what you chose via the secret menu. This happens even with the "Limited Opponent Cars" option turned on.

Last edited:
To pick the cars you want to compete against, select "Favorite Opponents" and go to "Register". From there you can check what you want and then choose "OK".

Then go to "Special Settings" and turn on "Limited Opponent Cars" and press "OK". The secret menu applies to arcade mode, so if you want to race the opponents you chose, go to arcade mode and then "Single Race" and once you start the race, it should have the opponents you chose. ;)
An additional reminder, the leading car will always the one with the highest PP out of the cars you choose as opponents.

Sorry for the delay, I was in town when I saw your post.To pick the cars you want to compete against, select "Favorite Opponents" and go to "Register". From there you can check what you want and then choose "OK".

Normally it would, but once you turn on "Limited Opponent Cars", it's pretty much up to you what you challenge.

Edit: Interesting thing to note is if you limit the cars to ones that can't run on dirt or snow and then try to race on a dirt or snow track, you will be challenging the car your driving instead of what you chose via the secret menu. This happens even with the "Limited Opponent Cars" option turned on.

sadly, only the premium cars are selectable as AI. (over 80+) and the ferrari f2007, ferrari f10 are not on the list of opponents. maybe it requires resourceful tools to enable all Standard and Premium cars to be selectable as favorite opponents.

The favorite opponents also affect the GT mode.

Last edited:
sadly, only the premium cars are selectable as AI. (over 80+) and the ferrari f2007, ferrari f10 are not on the list of opponents.
The car and wheel color sample aren't on the list either and I think the reason for the Ferrari's not being there is due to licensing.
maybe it requires resourceful tools to enable all Standard and Premium cars to be selectable as favorite opponents.
To make them available normally in the menu, I think that would require editing a database file in the game data. Which not only is it not possible currently (that I'm aware of), but it involves using jailbreak and it's something I cannot get into due to the AUP.

Fortunately, there is a way you can use cars that aren't originally available in the secret menu by replacing the cars you selected through save editing. I might make a tutorial about it sometime detailing the entire process.
The favorite opponents also affect the GT mode.
Although I was not initially aware of it when I made that post, it does indeed affect GT Mode as well. It doesn't work for all races though, ones like one make races and some of the special events for instance will still have the same opponents no matter what.

Back