[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
Actually there is TONS we don't know about those games.

The only difference is that those games feed us a few screenshots and a tidbit of info every week or two.

And I would greatly appreciate if Polyphony would do the same. I don't see the silver lining in having them ignore us for months and months on end.

I don't know, maybe Polyphony is more involved with their Japanese speaking fanbase but they sure aren't when it comes to their English speaking fans.

I've actually talked to ( online ) a few of the devs of both those games you mentioned on many occasions. They are really involved with their fans. In that sense, I wish Polyphony were more like them.

I'm going to discuss shift more than Forza as I don't know anything about Forza.

Tons of surprises left about Forza and Shift you say? For Shift we know
Car List
Track List
Race modes
How you progress through the game
Overview of modifications

Sorry but what exactly are we missing?

There isn't really much left to the imagination about NFS Shift's content.

Sure PD overdo the secrecy and it frustrates people. Personally I always am interested when news is released. Really though people should just get over the lack of news. World still goes around and whenever GT comes out, if you like it buy. If not move on.

I`ll buy it even if It has 10 60bhp cars....but I`d like they keep us a little informed. I think the GT community have been patient and waited a long time.

But think about that. GT5 is out, you buy it and you have no idea what awaits you... And then you play a while and get an information that you unlocked the Porsche dealer or some other things like tracks and more...
I don't know about you, but I want to know what I'm spending my hard-earned money for. 💡

I'm going to discuss shift more than Forza as I don't know anything about Forza.

Tons of surprises left about Forza and Shift you say? For Shift we know
Car List
Track List
Race modes
How you progress through the game
Overview of modifications

Sorry but what exactly are we missing?

There isn't really much left to the imagination about NFS Shift's content.

Sure PD overdo the secrecy and it frustrates people. Personally I always am interested when news is released. Really though people should just get over the lack of news. World still goes around and whenever GT comes out, if you like it buy. If not move on.

I think you've missed the point.

Polyphony could do SO much more as far as interaction with their community goes. Throw us a bone so to speak.

Your view that people "should just get over it" ... I don't think most people here would share your view. One of the biggest complaints from people is the lack of interaction. Literally months on end with .... nothing.

Lets see here.... 1000 cars.

Polyphony could every week release a half dozen screenshots and a little bit of info about them. That's all it would take to keep most people happy. Maybe a few pics of a new track and some info about the painstaking work that went into accurately modeling them.

Assuming a December release date and if they started doing that today, that would mean they would have shown us a measely 9% of the cars.

Hardly "spoiling" anything and at the same time keeping their FANS happy.

But instead we get these interviews that are so vague we don't even really know what has been said and what might be just a bad translation. So we sit around and wait for confirmation of the confirmation - LAME.👎

Kazunori: "Welcome, everybody. I hope you didn't mind the wait, for what you are about to see will please you. Please, take a look at this video."

Next we see a Porsche peel off at the Monza starting grid. Two long skid marks are now tattoos for the track. 10 feet of beauty. Next the Porsche hits a wall at 75MPH and mass damage is shown, much more than what GamesCom revealed.The Porsche backs up a few feet to get back to the track. OMG REVERSE LIGHTS.Then toward the end the once blue skies open up and turn dark black. Violent winds and rain cause the track to become dangerous and slick; the Porsche flips! The car is totaled. Roll over! Then he brings it back to the garage, fixes up the Porsche and then goes to customize it in the paint shop. He makes the 911 GT2 black and red.
That'd be pretty much what I'd want. lol, everything in one.

Had me drooling,till I read the last line. :lol:

Kazunori: "Welcome, everybody. I hope you didn't mind the wait, for what you are about to see will please you. Please, take a look at this video."

Next we see a Porsche peel off at the Monza starting grid. Two long skid marks are now tattoos for the track. 10 feet of beauty. Next the Porsche hits a wall at 75MPH and mass damage is shown, much more than what GamesCom revealed.The Porsche backs up a few feet to get back to the track. OMG REVERSE LIGHTS.Then toward the end the once blue skies open up and turn dark black. Violent winds and rain cause the track to become dangerous and slick; the Porsche flips! The car is totaled. Roll over! Then he brings it back to the garage, fixes up the Porsche and then goes to customize it in the paint shop. He makes the 911 GT2 black and red.
That'd be pretty much what I'd want. lol, everything in one.

Very good.... but I take it that the tree's are not important?:)

This just in!!! Inside information....

""Major advancement"" = Working turn indicators... :) SO people know if I want the left or right side of the track ;)

Well, to be honest the only thing i want to know is the damned release date!

I dont want to know everything about the game before i start to play..i want to feel THAT sensation..i want to sink in an unexplored word, and step by step get all the fun and to remain speechless and amazed for its content..i just desire to explore and discover..

The only major advancement i want its a release date! 👍

We already know the freakin' release date.
It's december 4th. There are loads of sites that reported this date, along with PS3 Bundles etc.

If they'd only give us the release date at TGS, I'd be VERY disappointed.

I want to see new or improved features, and nothing else!

IF GT5 is realy going to be out on december 4th than we will probably see everything there is to see at the TGS since there aint much more game event till the release date.
But i'm affraid that they will just release the feuture list that has been leaked already, and explain it a little.

55 hp here.. 1.2 3 pot polo. Love it.

My mum used to have a 65bhp 1.5 Diesel Clio that I drove whilst I was learning, but now I've rocketed to the dizzy heights of a 75bhp 1.2 16v Clio, oh the power...:drool:

I've no doubt that GT5 is going to r0x0r my b0x0rs, but I still want to know what I'm getting before I buy it. ;)

If that is the case, dont but it on release. Wait a while and Im sure there'll be plenty of info available online. My point is, you either want it or you dont. People on the fence will have more info to decide after the game is released. Ever wonder what the world was like before the internets?

I don't know if I would interpret "major advancement" in the same way as you...

"Yamauchi: At E3, we showed a concept video and this time at Games-Com, we have a playable demo with damage, and I think you can expect a similar major advancement at TGS"

Wait? I thought the E3 vid was ingame and now it's a concept vid?

It was called a concept video from the beginning and it used in-game assets.

Okay, some guesses:
E³ Concept Video>GamesCom playable demo with damage>TGS playable demo with either night racing, weather, or both

E³ Concept Video>GamesCom playable demo with damage>TGS release ;) or releasedate

E³ Concept Video>GamesCom playable demo with damage>TGS playable demo on PSN

These would be "Major Advancements" imo.

Release date, just out of curiosity. I really won't care much for GT5 for a few months, will be too busy playing Supercar Challenge, NFS: Shift and, in another genre, IL-2 Sturmovik.

I'm hoping for the announcement of a livery editor (or at least a paint shop), conformation of the number of cars with damage/interior views, a release date, and more information on the tuning and performance upgrades that will be in the game.
Word.

Release date, just out of curiosity. I really won't care much for GT5 for a few months, will be too busy playing Supercar Challenge, NFS: Shift and, in another genre, IL-2 Sturmovik.

Yep same with me, i will be playing Dirt2 and NFS Shift and EyePet:dopey:

Back