[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
I think the ambiguity may be a result of the translation. As there is no video, I can't offer my own interpretation but the feeling I get is that KY saying that we can expect something big at TGS. That's pretty much the same thing that Famitsu magazine hinted at when it reported on the Gamescon demo. I don't think the comment refers to the inclusion of Porsches, reversing lights or anything else in fact. Much more likely is a release date or a more detailed preview of what the final product will offer.

I think the ambiguity may be a result of the translation. As there is no video, I can't offer my own interpretation but the feeling I get is that KY saying that we can expect something big at TGS. That's pretty much the same thing that Famitsu magazine hinted at when it reported on the Gamescon demo. I don't think the comment refers to the inclusion of Porsches, reversing lights or anything else in fact. Much more likely is a release date or a more detailed preview of what the final product will offer.

+1 That's my opinion too

Release date, just out of curiosity. I really won't care much for GT5 for a few months, will be too busy playing Supercar Challenge, NFS: Shift and, in another genre, IL-2 Sturmovik.

+1 same for me... except I didnt pre-order IL-2 yet... A bit off topic.. but is it worth it to get that as well?

I'm not even sure I'm that excited anymore; a couple of sites I've been to have gone from "Q4 2009" right back to "TBA" and with what Yamauchi is saying (unless he's throwing up curtains) sounds like it doesn't have much possibility of being released in what little left of this year there is. The tight-lipped secrecy and the "Oh, how long can you hold on before knowing anything?" is annoying.

Hell, Intel isn't even that tight-lipped and they've been in more lawsuits that what pretty much all Hollywood actors are worth. There's still TGS though, so ultimately my final opinion rests on that.

I think you've missed the point.

Polyphony could do SO much more as far as interaction with their community goes. Throw us a bone so to speak.

Your view that people "should just get over it" ... I don't think most people here would share your view. One of the biggest complaints from people is the lack of interaction. Literally months on end with .... nothing.

Lets see here.... 1000 cars.

Polyphony could every week release a half dozen screenshots and a little bit of info about them. That's all it would take to keep most people happy. Maybe a few pics of a new track and some info about the painstaking work that went into accurately modeling them.

Assuming a December release date and if they started doing that today, that would mean they would have shown us a measely 9% of the cars.

Hardly "spoiling" anything and at the same time keeping their FANS happy.

But instead we get these interviews that are so vague we don't even really know what has been said and what might be just a bad translation. So we sit around and wait for confirmation of the confirmation - LAME.đź‘Ž

That's what i always wanted, but somehow they refuse to go this route. I guess it's a cultural thing. Japanese people tend to be more reserved, at least the ones i know.

E3 in July (reveal trailer) > Gamescom in August (playable demo) > TGS in September (release date?)

Seems like similar major advancements to me. It's quite remarkable really when you consider how much news of GT5 has ramped up in such an incredibly short amount of time. I do feel though that the logical conclusion from a reveal trailer, to a playable demo, is to announce the release date at the next (and last) big show of the year.

Obviously Polyphony Digital will go into details about the games features, that's to be expected, but I think the major advancement is just referring to the series of events, which will peak with the announcement of a release date.

Also I wouldn't expect any news regarding Porsche, Kazunori has already confirmed that they couldn't secure licensing for Porsche in GT5 due to Porsche having signed an exclusivity deal with another developer. Content-wise, I expect any information regarding GT5 at TGS to be explanation/elaboration on the feature list that was pulled from the official site. I wouldn't get your hopes up for any surprise announcements.

All I need is a release date and the announcement of GT5 Premium Package so I can pre-order it straight away :P

I guess the question is what's meant by "advancement". Advancement of the information we get? Revealing an advancement in the game/series? Advancement of the build that we get to see?

Is it too much to ask for a comprehensive list of features? That's all I want really. It would be nice to have a date, but we all know that PD don't tend to stick to deadlines, and I figure it will come out when it comes out.

All I need is a release date and the announcement of GT5 Premium Package so I can pre-order it straight away :P
G4: When you first showed off Gran Turismo 5 at the Tokyo Game Show, you talked about two different versions of the game. What happened to that whole concept? Why did you scrap it and move towards Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and then just one version of GT5?

Yamauchi: You know, when you announce something, you don’t know everything that’s going to happen from the start. You come to realize the things during the development that lead you in different directions, and though I had a lot of things in my mind when I started out, you make new discoveries in development and it takes you into different directions. I think it just evolved in development.

Yamauchi didn't say anything about a premium version of GT5

Since cockpits have the speedo/tach, I assume he means the real dials overlaid in the centre of the screen for third person views..?

Yamauchi didn't say anything about a premium version of GT5

You just wait and see. Premium, Collector, Limited Collector whatever it is (will be) I'll take the most expensive one! :drool:

I'm hoping that the GamesCom version of GT 5 was a build from 2008, and at TGS, it will have the latest build. 3D tree's and all.

Back