Gran Turismo 6 Controller & TV issues

Canada
Canada
Good day,

I am starting to have issue when playing GT6. When racing, controller stop responding and screen flickering for a couple of second. It happening randomly and i have no clue why it happening. I try to troubleshoot the issue. Here what was done so far:

- Test another controller
- Change HDMI cable
- check TV setting
- Change Depp colour mode on PS3 to off

I read some threat talking about GT6 running at 720P and other setting but i am bot sure it relate because it not only the screen, it also de controller that lost connection for few second. I am start thinking that my PS3 is dying.

So if anyone had that issue before, can you please help me and give me hint so i can focus my research on a specific details.

Regards

Good day,

I am starting to have issue when playing GT6. When racing, controller stop responding and screen flickering for a couple of second. It happening randomly and i have no clue why it happening. I try to troubleshoot the issue. Here what was done so far:

- Test another controller
- Change HDMI cable
- check TV setting
- Change Depp colour mode on PS3 to off

I read some threat talking about GT6 running at 720P and other setting but i am bot sure it relate because it not only the screen, it also de controller that lost connection for few second. I am start thinking that my PS3 is dying.

So if anyone had that issue before, can you please help me and give me hint so i can focus my research on a specific details.

Regards
Have you tried playing other games on your PS3 ?.

Yep i have played other games. Notice heavy lag on Heavy Rains Cut scenes. Other then that, it seem smooth for now. I change some display setting in the PS menu: HDMI deep colour to Off and dynamic range limited. I didn't change sharpen display setting in game cause it was worst with that setting on. I found a threat that describe a bit more what happen to me. See link below:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-framerate-depends-on-which-console-you-have.295306/

I have also notice something strange when game get buggy. I notice that when screen is is bugy, some part of the screen are getting black, game switch my views from front to behind (like i was looking behind me for other opponents) and controller stop responding for few second. It always happen in cornering and never in straight line. It took me almost a day to complete last S licenses test with the Bugatti Veyron because of that issues. I was able to run multiple diag test with my PS3 and all when smooth so at this point, i think that GT6 is the issues. Will keep this threath updates if i found other thing that might be useful.

Yep i have played other games. Notice heavy lag on Heavy Rains Cut scenes. Other then that, it seem smooth for now. I change some display setting in the PS menu: HDMI deep colour to Off and dynamic range limited. I didn't change sharpen display setting in game cause it was worst with that setting on. I found a threat that describe a bit more what happen to me. See link below:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-framerate-depends-on-which-console-you-have.295306/

I have also notice something strange when game get buggy. I notice that when screen is is bugy, some part of the screen are getting black, game switch my views from front to behind (like i was looking behind me for other opponents) and controller stop responding for few second. It always happen in cornering and never in straight line. It took me almost a day to complete last S licenses test with the Bugatti Veyron because of that issues. I was able to run multiple diag test with my PS3 and all when smooth so at this point, i think that GT6 is the issues. Will keep this threath updates if i found other thing that might be useful.
Is it a GT6 Disc or a downloaded version you have ?. I have the downloaded version because I have found it better than the Disc version.
Has your Disc have any scratches on the silver side of the Disc if you have the Disc version ?.

I got the disc version and mine is link mint. I think i fix my issue. Not sure why exactly he work now but i have take a backup of my data. Wipe the entire HDD and reinstall "OS" if we can call it like that. Now everything run smooth. I put back my backup and continue playing GT6 without any issue so far.

I got the disc version and mine is link mint. I think i fix my issue. Not sure why exactly he work now but i have take a backup of my data. Wipe the entire HDD and reinstall "OS" if we can call it like that. Now everything run smooth. I put back my backup and continue playing GT6 without any issue so far.
Good to hear it's working now, if your interested in some extra challenges check out the CHALLENGE HUB.

Back