Gran Turismo 6 E3 2013, General discussion(Live streaming links).

The round table interview wasn't very revealing, so don't get your hopes up too much.

The round table interview wasn't very revealing, so don't get your hopes up too much.
Jordan,please, next time you an interview,with anyone from PD, please ask them about any iteration of an livery editor. We have been on edge ever since that showing for vision Gran Turismo.

Jordan,please, next time you an interview,with anyone from PD, please ask them about any iteration of an livery editor. We have been on edge ever since that showing for vision Gran Turismo.
We touched on that in the Silverstone interview, and Kazunori's generic answer is about all you're ever going to get. They would never reveal or announce such a feature in an interview.

Jordan
We touched on that in the Silverstone interview, and Kazunori's generic answer is about all you're ever going to get. They would never reveal or announce such a feature in an interview.

Well, it looks like a good sign to me. Probably we have to wait until TGS. I doubt about gamescom.

Jordan

How about the rest of tthe Videos Jordan,also how was your impressions of Willow and Matternhorn

I was a bit underwhelmed by the version of the new Matterhorn Circuit that was featured in the demo @ E3. It almost looks like something that was created with the course maker. I wonder if (and hope that) it will be like Cape Ring and have many different layouts.

How about the rest of tthe Videos Jordan,also how was your impressions of Willow and Matternhorn

I tried out Willow with the delta wing. I thought it was pretty accurate. The bumps all seemed to be in the places I remembered and in general it was just like the real track. In general I think GT6 is a massive improvement over GT5. The physics are way better and feel more like a real car. Everyone I talked to thought it was really good. I'm sure there's things to improve on such as the sounds but in general I was impressed.

I tried out Willow with the delta wing. I thought it was pretty accurate. The bumps all seemed to be in the places I remembered and in general it was just like the real track. In general I think GT6 is a massive improvement over GT5. The physics are way better and feel more like a real car. Everyone I talked to thought it was really good. I'm sure there's things to improve on such as the sounds but in general I was impressed.

The single thing I need to know about the new physics model, is if it makes the game more difficult in all situation, or just when you hit a curb over the limit, when you make rapid wheel movements, when you hit a bumb full throttle, when oversteering out of a corner, etc. Thank you in advance.

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if there's a 60fps 1080p version of the trailer you can download somewhere like the first one?

The single thing I need to know about the new physics model, is if it makes the game more difficult in all situation, or just when you hit a curb over the limit, when you make rapid wheel movements, when you hit a bumb full throttle, when oversteering out of a corner, etc. Thank you in advance.

I think to say it's more difficult would depend on the person and their ability to drive. For me I found that it was easier for me to find speed in GT6 than in GT5. I have a reasonable amount of real world experience and found that if I looked at what would make sense in real life to find more speed in that section that it worked in GT6. For me in GT5 it's usually a guessing game and usually the thing that doesn't make sense finds me more speed.

As far as curbs they affect the car differently depending on how you hit them. Some curbs were avoid at all cost and some you'd abuse. If you brake on the curb you lose traction on that side. Bumps while cornering can upset the car but not more than it would in real life. Smooth wheel movements pay off a lot. You can carry slides with ease with the wheel and not spin the other way when they come back straight. The list can go on for a while but in short they got it right. If you know how to find speed in real life you will be fast in GT6. If you are a gamer who doesn't understand driving I think you will struggle more with GT6 than GT5. Time will tell but I don't think fast laps will have the car sliding around like crazy anymore just like it should be.

No surprises on that count.

I see from Jordan's interview with Kaz, he was his usual "definite maybe" self.

Understandably, he does have his timeline and he won't commit to anything prior to the last possible moment of decision on many aspects of the game.

At any rate, I'm somewhat encouraged by his apparent determination to revamp and improve GT6.

I just hope that carries over to include a improved and more balanced concept, structure, and progression system,
as well as more single player content in the released game, and not months down the road.

I hope the "back to basics" he refers too, are some of the same ones that were present in GT4.

At least Kaz isn't going to confirm anything early and then have to come back later and say they had to remove it due to constraints.

I think to say it's more difficult would depend on the person and their ability to drive. For me I found that it was easier for me to find speed in GT6 than in GT5. I have a reasonable amount of real world experience and found that if I looked at what would make sense in real life to find more speed in that section that it worked in GT6. For me in GT5 it's usually a guessing game and usually the thing that doesn't make sense finds me more speed.

As far as curbs they affect the car differently depending on how you hit them. Some curbs were avoid at all cost and some you'd abuse. If you brake on the curb you lose traction on that side. Bumps while cornering can upset the car but not more than it would in real life. Smooth wheel movements pay off a lot. You can carry slides with ease with the wheel and not spin the other way when they come back straight. The list can go on for a while but in short they got it right. If you know how to find speed in real life you will be fast in GT6. If you are a gamer who doesn't understand driving I think you will struggle more with GT6 than GT5. Time will tell but I don't think fast laps will have the car sliding around like crazy anymore just like it should be.

👍 I like what you wrote and if demo is the same version in physics engine, I eagerly wait to try it on my DFPro. I sincerely hope it is as you said for me also. It would be a great progress towards realism. And I like GT5 very much also but it is not perfect, especially in bumps and oversteering feedback through the wheel and control when returning to straight line. But mainly when using steering wheel. In my 6axis it is great to drift though.

Thank you for sharing ,That's a great read and good news indeed :cheers:

I want one list of cars and one list of tracks. That simple.

The game will look simply more consistent.

AND... take just about forever to load the garage.

(with 1200+ cars it takes about 2 minutes in GT Life to load but closer to 5-6min when in a lobby.)

And just 100 favorites doesn't cut it either. We need the ability to do our own TABS and groupings...

debit $.02 USD

james_mikel
AND... take just about forever to load the garage.

(with 1200+ cars it takes about 2 minutes in GT Life to load but closer to 5-6min when in a lobby.)

And just 100 favorites doesn't cut it either. We need the ability to do our own TABS and groupings...

debit $.02 USD

A better method would be a series of drop down menus, e.g Brand, Model, PP, Drivetrain, Road/Race.
Select a certain amount of these, hit search and it will search for your desired car. Then to satisfy those who like a full list have a 'view all' button.

Also in any of the interviews has there been any mention on the implementation of B Spec?

Quick Summary of the interviews in my view:

Q: A.I.
A: Time

Q: Sound

Q: Livery Editor/Engine Swaps
A: Technically Possible

Q: PS4
A: 70 million user base on PS3

Q: Day/Night/Weather

Q: Old Returning Tracks

No more need to ask about livery, PS4, A.I, or sound. We just have to wait and see for ourselves and hope they make into GT6 in time. If not, probably through updates.

👍 This sounds as great news.
It seems you are a little bit severe with GT5 (when talking about guessing game) but I respect your opinion. I consider myself almost a rookie.
Your words indicate a solid enhancement towards real physics.

----------------------------
Here is an interview with Kaz (nothing new) and with Lucas Ordonez.
http://tentubes.com/video.php?id=Wx-zMKf-Jlk&feature
I wonder if Lucas added something interesting... Spanish anyone?

Last edited:
Eks
Absolutely! I'd love to organize my garage by year, class, etc.

Yes. And honestly I wouldn't mind to just have a mix of all my standard/premium cars in one. Switching between those two tabs were kind of inconvenient for me.

Back