Gran Turismo 6 E3 2013, General discussion(Live streaming links).

I think there are a few things that really need to be added to the online aspect of the game.
1: Leaderboards of course
2: Ability to send an invite to a friend from a lobby public or private
3: Ability to locate and join a friend who is in an online lobby

additional options would be cool but when I played GT5 online after having played Forza these are the things I missed the most aside from Party chat

I think there are a few things that really need to be added to the online aspect of the game.
1: Leaderboards of course
2: Ability to send an invite to a friend from a lobby public or private
3: Ability to locate and join a friend who is in an online lobby

additional options would be cool but when I played GT5 online after having played Forza these are the things I missed the most aside from Party chat

You can more or less do both already 👍

Mainly only through messages. It needs to all be more efficient.

Yeah I hope it's faster a bit like how BF3 and Fifa do it,when you're in a lobby you send a message to your friend to invite,or if your friend is in a game you click on his avatar in the PS menu and select join game.

You can more or less do both already 👍
What I was talking about is a join option and invite option that could be used with the friends list. Maybe they added something after I stopped playing online but last I played the only way to let your friends know you had a lobby up and wanted to race was to send them a message or give them a call.

In the lobby there should be a invite friends option on the screen that when clicked would let you choose one or more people from your friends list then it would send them an invite that they could click and would bring them into whatever lobby you are in.

The join option would be attached to your friends list as well. You could see that a friend is in an online lobby there should be a join option that would take you straight to that lobby provided of course there is room in it.

There has always been the ability to join your friends if they're in a lobby, you just press on the orange thing above the lounge icon.

It's not obvious though, I've known people that played for months and didn't realise.

There has always been the ability to join your friends if they're in a lobby, you just press on the orange thing above the lounge icon.

It's not obvious though, I've known people that played for months and didn't realise.

I had to teach a friend all about the "Community" tab and he had been playing for over a year lol. Some people are just way too casual for Gran Turismo.

I think a lot more people would have seen how to join their friends in an lobby if the list in the community tab loaded up the online players first, rather than friends listed by their A-spec level.

Though it shows a green icon for who is online, if that was clickable rather than having to go down and find the orange coffee cup, that would have made it easier too.

But, you know, PD logic.

In my case most of the time my friends were not in lobbies, more often than not I was the one hosting lobbies and having to get the others to come in. Our solution since we were all also on xbox live was to start a party on Xbox and then play GT on the PS3 while talking over the xbox.

Lol. That's going to take forever, haha. :lol:

Yeah that video is ways away from reaching 5 mil. If you ask me, the amount of views to unlocked that "exclusive content" is TOO DAMN HIGH!

It's funny cause Sony's troll video about sharing used games has well over 10 million.

Yeah that video is ways away from reaching 5 mil. If you ask me, the amount of views to unlocked that "exclusive content" is TOO DAMN HIGH!

It's funny cause Sony's troll video about sharing used games has well over 10 million.

In that case, I wonder if it has to reach 5 million before a certain date?

They're trying to artificially make a viral video out of something that doesn't have viral quality, to make people share it only for the sake of sharing. Bad marketing, if you ask me...

Now, what we need is a supercomputer programmed to play that video over and over again in ten thousand tabs until it reaches 5 000 000 views. It would take about ten and a half hours. Anyone here working at NASA?

It really is too high. Ah man, who knows what's in that "exclusive content vid oooo" :embarrassed: *Shakes head rapidly*

Anyway. This is just too funny by Sony, really 5 mill? That's impossible. X_x

I really doubt it'll be anything exciting. Anyway if you think that's bad the Assassin's Creed content requires 10 million views.

eran0004
Now, what we need is a supercomputer programmed to play that video over and over again in ten thousand tabs until it reaches 5 000 000 views. It would take about ten and a half hours. Anyone here working at NASA?

Lol you're kidding right? NASA

We should, as a community, watch the video repeatedly, constantly refreshing, until we hit 5 million.

Joking of course, unless anyone's up for it..

Given the bottle-neck is likely to be latency, number of concurrent connections and bandwidth at their end, you'd do just as well with a few tens of PCs on good connections, although it would take considerably longer than 10 hours

I doubt it's worth the effort, as it's probably designed to reveal its "secrets" only a few days before they would have been made freely available anyway - e.g. Gamescom.

I agree that it's pretty awful marketing, lord only knows what'll happen when they figure out this gameification business - I just hope they don't use the Skinner box / Farmville model, but something engaging and simple-yet-deep like Super Hexagon, or Tetris. Society should brace for the rise of viral ad-game junkies either way...

Back