Gran Turismo 6 Memes (NO profanity/stupidity/obvious re-use/flooding)

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 5,808 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more
Snow_4217935439_n.jpg

why did they put chains on the rear tyres? XD

hard to say: it looks parked upward, so in that way it should prevent to slip back overnight; or speaking plainly the owner is an idiot.

why did they put chains on the rear tyres? XD
hard to say: it looks parked upward, so in that way it should prevent to slip back overnight; or speaking plainly the owner is an idiot.
In slippery/snow conditions, you want tires with more traction on the rear.(if you can't have 4 equally "grippy" tiers)
Clearly, the owner is not an idiot.

In slippery/snow conditions, you want tires with more traction on the rear.(if you can't have 4 equally "grippy" tiers)
Yeah, better for braking down hill, where the front of the car, will actually be in the forward facing direction...

What? I hope you´re joking.

You want the chains on the tires that put the power of your car to the tarmac (or snow in this case), which in the case of the Fiat are the front tires since its FWD. To get going on snow you need traction on your driven tires. No use for chains on rear tires if your car is FWD....

Chains are not for traction while driving around corners. They are used to get you going on snow/ice/hills etc. when its slippery and your driven wheels don´t grip. If your driven wheels have no traction, and you put the chains on the other non-driven wheels, how much grip will you gain on your driven wheels? None.

Yes, you're right. Chains go on the wheels that get power.
I was saying where to put grippier/newer tires, not chains, which was my mistake.

Yes, you're right. Chains go on the wheels that get power.
I was saying where to put grippier/newer tires, not chains, which was my mistake.

Oh ok. I was a little confused there... :rolleyes:

You want the chains on the tires that put the power of your car to the tarmac (or snow in this case), which in the case of the Fiat are the front tires since its FWD. To get going on snow you need traction on your driven tires. No use for chains on rear tires if your car is FWD....

Chains are not for traction while driving around corners. They are used to get you going on snow/ice/hills etc. when its slippery and your driven wheels don´t grip. If your driven wheels have no traction, and you put the chains on the other non-driven wheels, how much grip will you gain on your driven wheels? None.
Um.... Chains on the front tires going down a hill will cause the back to slip out when braking.... That's why you put them on the back if you only have two, and live in a hilly area (which the picture shows). If you have four, well then yeah, but only two they go on the back..

Um.... Chains on the front tires going down a hill will cause the back to slip out when braking.... That's why you put them on the back if you only have two, and live in a hilly area (which the picture shows). If you have four, well then yeah, but only two they go on the back..

Um... No. Not the chains on the front causes the slip. The slip is caused be weight lift on the rearaxle while braking and having a heavy engine upfront and than trying to steer into any direction. It has nothing to do with the chains. With ABS and ESP this is still very unlikely to happen anyway. Also the most brake power is on the frontwheels. Its not 50/50 like in GT6. In real life its like 70/30 or 80/20. Therefore you want the grip for braking on the Front tires. Otherwise you have no braking at all. The essence in braking in snow is, don´t slam on the brakes and the rear will stay where it is. Kind of rule one in the snow. Avoid sudden stops, turns and excessive speed. It's basic physics. If you happen to have snow once in a while in Georgia, try it out (with a FWD car of course). Its real fun. 👍

For RWD however.... :cool:

And now back to topic and memes.

How many times have you chained up there Georgia? :)

How many times have you chained up there Georgia? :)
Actually, I'm a proud Pittsburgh'er for 12 years... Came down here for my parents jobs moved, and still down here.. I'm not new to ice but the idiots around me are... That's why we had a bogus "State of Wimpmergency" issued that ends today surprisingly..

Actually, I'm a proud Pittsburgh'er for 12 years... Came down here for my parents jobs moved, and still down here.. I'm not new to ice but the idiots around me are... That's why we had a bogus "State of Wimpmergency" issued that ends today surprisingly..

Snowpocalypse!

Lived in Virginia for a couple years, had to go to school during the summer break to make up for "snow days" (1/4" to less than 2")one year. Now if you do end up needing to chain up down there in the deep dirty, you'll have much better results chaining the drive wheels.

The odd numbers are always a big leap in technology and a bit broken, then the next one comes out, an even number, that continues the big leap with a few fixes. It's been like that since GT1 :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back